Affiliation: University of Rome La Sapienza
- Effect of predominant methanogenic flora on the outcome of lactose breath test in irritable bowel syndrome patientsP Vernia
Cattedra di Gastroenterologia 1, Dipartimento Scienze Cliniche, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Eur J Clin Nutr 57:1116-9. 2003..The present study was designed to evaluate the effect of predominant fasting methane CH(4) or H(2) production on the outcome of lactose HBT, in a large, homogeneous series of adult patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)...
- Hydrogen breath test--diet and basal H2 excretion: a technical noteE V Avallone
Department of Clinical Sciences, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Digestion 82:39-41. 2010..An additional reduction in the intake of complex carbohydrates in the preceding 24 h is suggested in some centers. The issue, however, has never been directly investigated...
- Lactose malabsorption, irritable bowel syndrome and self-reported milk intoleranceP Vernia
Chair of Gastroenterology 1, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 33:234-9. 2001..Thus, the role of hydrogen breath testing in the diagnostic work-up of patients with nonspecific intestinal symptoms is still debated...
- Methodology and indications of H2-breath testing in gastrointestinal diseases: the Rome Consensus ConferenceA Gasbarrini
Department of Internal Medicine, Gemelli Hospital, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 29:1-49. 2009..There are many differences in the methodology, and the tests are increasingly popular...
- Azathioprine treatment in inflammatory bowel disease patients: type and time of onset of side effectsE V Avallone
Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Specialties, Gastroenterology Unit, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 18:165-70. 2014..The occurrence of adverse effects is a major drawback in the use of these drugs, and short- and long-term toxicity represent a major limitation to their use...