Affiliation: University of Messina
- Attention deficit and hyperactivity disorders in the offspring of mothers exposed to mild-moderate iodine deficiency: a possible novel iodine deficiency disorder in developed countriesF Vermiglio
Dipartimeno Clinico Sperimentale di Medicina e Farmacologia Sezione di Endocrinologia, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:6054-60. 2004..The latter would be the ultimate consequence of maternal hypothyroxinemia (due to iodine deficiency), resulting in a critical reduction of the source of the intracellular T3 available to the developing fetal brain...
- Short-term effectiveness of low-dose radioiodune ablative treatment of thyroid remnants after thyroidectomy for differentiated thyroid cancerF Vermiglio
Cattedra di Endocrinologia, University of Messina, Italy
Thyroid 9:387-91. 1999..Therefore, our observations suggest that in iodine deficient areas, a hasty decision to carry out complete thyroidectomy should be avoided, even in the case of thyroid remnants with RTU up to 30%...
- Defective neuromotor and cognitive ability in iodine-deficient schoolchildren of an endemic goiter region in SicilyF Vermiglio
Istituto Pluridisciplinare di Clinica Medica e Terapia Medica Generale e Speciale, University of Messina, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 70:379-84. 1990..Further clinical auxological and biochemical studies in a selected group of ECD children suggested the epidemiological and, possibly, pathogenic association of cognitive impairment with iodine deficiency...
- Human galectin-3 immunoexpression in thyroid follicular adenomas with cell atypiaC Nucera
Clinical Experimental Department of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Messina, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 28:106-12. 2005..Moreover, hgal-3 expression in FA might anticipate the likelihood of evolution of these benign lesions towards malignancy...
- Reduced serum angiotensin converting enzyme activity in children with congenital hypothyroidismC Letizia
II Cattedra di Endocrinologia, , La Sapienza, Italy
Horm Metab Res 26:243-5. 1994..In conclusion, our data demonstrated that levels of SACE were significantly reduced in children with congenital hypothyroidism...