A M Vannucchi
Affiliation: University of Florence
- Vannucchi A, Pancrazzi A, Guglielmelli P, Di Lollo S, Bogani C, Baroni G, et al. Abnormalities of GATA-1 in megakaryocytes from patients with idiopathic myelofibrosis. Am J Pathol. 2005;167:849-58 pubmed..We conclude that megakaryocytes from IM patients have reduced GATA-1 content, possibly contributing to disease pathogenesis as in the GATA-1(low) mice and also representing a novel IM-associated marker. ..
- Vannucchi A, Antonioli E, Guglielmelli P, Pancrazzi A, Guerini V, Barosi G, et al. Characteristics and clinical correlates of MPL 515W>L/K mutation in essential thrombocythemia. Blood. 2008;112:844-7 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that MPLW515L/K mutations do not define a distinct phenotype in ET, although some differences depended on the JAK2V617F mutational status of the counterpart. ..
- Vannucchi A. JAK2 mutation and thrombosis in the myeloproliferative neoplasms. Curr Hematol Malig Rep. 2010;5:22-8 pubmed publisher..It is hoped that elucidation of the role mutant JAK2 plays in MPNs will improve our understanding of the pathophysiology of thrombosis and eventually result in improved patient treatment using molecularly targeted drugs. ..
- Vannucchi A, Lasho T, Guglielmelli P, Biamonte F, Pardanani A, Pereira A, et al. Mutations and prognosis in primary myelofibrosis. Leukemia. 2013;27:1861-9 pubmed publisher..Mutational profiling for ASXL1, EZH2, SRSF2 and IDH identifies PMF patients who are at risk for premature death or leukemic transformation. ..
- Vannucchi A, Pieri L, Susini M, Guglielmelli P. BCR-ABL1-negative chronic myeloid neoplasms: an update on management techniques. Future Oncol. 2012;8:575-93 pubmed publisher..This review discusses how to manage, according to current clinical practice, the steps of diagnosis, prognostication and therapeutic choices in myeloproliferative neoplasm patients...