Affiliation: University of Cagliari
- Case control study on health-related quality of life in adult coeliac diseaseP Usai
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Psychiatry, Cagliari University, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 34:547-52. 2002..To evaluate whether health-related quality of life in adult coeliac disease is related to: 1) adhesion to gluten-free diet; 2) manifestation of clinical features; and 3) associated diseases...
- Frontal cortical perfusion abnormalities related to gluten intake and associated autoimmune disease in adult coeliac disease: 99mTc-ECD brain SPECT studyP Usai
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 36:513-8. 2004....
- Effect of gluten-free diet and co-morbidity of irritable bowel syndrome-type symptoms on health-related quality of life in adult coeliac patientsP Usai
Gastroenterology Unit, University of Cagliari, S S 554 Bivio per Sestu, 09042 Monserrato CA, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 39:824-8. 2007..Both coeliac disease and irritable bowel syndrome show impaired health-related quality of life, however, the impact of irritable bowel syndrome-type symptoms on health-related quality of life in coeliac disease is unclear...
- Effect of gluten-free diet on preventing recurrence of gastroesophageal reflux disease-related symptoms in adult celiac patients with nonerosive reflux diseasePaolo Usai
Gastroenterology Unit, University of Cagliari, Monserrato, CA, Italy
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:1368-72. 2008..The aim of this study was to establish the recurrence of GERD-rs, in CD patients with nonerosive reflux disease (NERD)...
- Prevalence of irritable bowel syndrome in Italian rural and urban areasPaolo Usai
Gastroenterology Unit, University of Cagliari, S S 554 Bivio per Sestu, Monserrato CA, Italy
Eur J Intern Med 21:324-6. 2010..No comparative studies are available, as yet, in Italy, concerning the prevalence of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in urban and rural areas. The aim is to compare the prevalence of IBS in Italian urban and rural areas...
- Recurrent brief depression in celiac diseaseMauro Giovanni Carta
Division of Psychiatry, Department of Public Health, University of Cagliari, Via Liguria 1309127, Cagliari, Italy
J Psychosom Res 55:573-4. 2003
- Cigarette smoking and appendectomy: effect on clinical course of diverticulosisPaolo Usai
Department of Internal Medicine, Cagliari University, AOU Policlinico di Monserrato 09042, Monserrato, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 43:98-101. 2011..To investigate the effect of appendectomy and cigarette smoking on the clinical course of diverticulosis...
- Association between panic disorder, major depressive disorder and celiac disease: a possible role of thyroid autoimmunityMauro Giovanni Carta
Division of Psychiatry, Department of Public Health, University of Cagliari, Via Liguria 13, 09127 Cagliari, Italy
J Psychosom Res 53:789-93. 2002..To evaluate the association between celiac disease and specific anxiety and depressive disorders and to identify potential common pathogenetic links, with particular regard to thyroid function and autoimmunity...
- Prevalence of thyroid disorders in untreated adult celiac disease patients and effect of gluten withdrawal: an Italian multicenter studyC Sategna-Guidetti
University of Torino, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 96:751-7. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The greater frequency of thyroid disease among celiac disease patients justifies a thyroid functional assessment. In distinct cases, gluten withdrawal may single-handedly reverse the abnormality...