Affiliation: University of Cagliari
- Tramontano E. The exploding field of the HCV polymerase non-nucleoside inhibitors: summary of a first generation compounds. Mini Rev Med Chem. 2008;8:1298-310 pubmed..All small molecules which have been identified to be selective non-nucleoside inhibitors (NNI) of the HCV RdRp to date are reported. ..
- Esposito F, Carli I, Del Vecchio C, Xu L, Corona A, Grandi N, et al. Sennoside A, derived from the traditional chinese medicine plant Rheum L., is a new dual HIV-1 inhibitor effective on HIV-1 replication. Phytomedicine. 2016;23:1383-1391 pubmed publisher..Viral DNA production and time of addition studies showed that Sennoside A targets the HIV-1 reverse transcription process. Sennoside A is a new scaffold for the development of HIV-1 dual RT inhibitors. ..
- Grandi N, Tramontano E. Type W Human Endogenous Retrovirus (HERV-W) Integrations and Their Mobilization by L1 Machinery: Contribution to the Human Transcriptome and Impact on the Host Physiopathology. Viruses. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the current knowledge on the HERV-W group presence within the human genome and its expression in physiological tissues as well as in the main pathological contexts. ..
- Ramaswamy V, di Palma F, Vargiu A, Corona A, Piano D, Ruggerone P, et al. Insights into the homo-oligomerization properties of N-terminal coiled-coil domain of Ebola virus VP35 protein. Virus Res. 2018;247:61-70 pubmed publisher..Our model advances the understanding of how VP35 may associate in different homo-oligomeric species, a crucial process for EBOV replication and pathogenicity. ..
- Sun Y, Luo H, Li Y, Sun C, Song J, Niu Y, et al. Pyrosequencing of the Camptotheca acuminata transcriptome reveals putative genes involved in camptothecin biosynthesis and transport. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:533 pubmed publisher..Despite its importance, little is known about the transcriptome of C. acuminata and the mechanism of CPT biosynthesis, as only few nucleotide sequences are included in the GenBank database...
- Corona A, Di Leva F, Rigogliuso G, Pescatori L, Madia V, Subra F, et al. New insights into the interaction between pyrrolyl diketoacids and HIV-1 integrase active site and comparison with RNase H. Antiviral Res. 2016;134:236-243 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study provides new structural information to modulate IN and RNase H inhibitory activities for development of dual-acting anti-HIV agents. ..