Affiliation: University of Verona
- The impact of cannabis use on age of onset and clinical characteristics in first-episode psychotic patients. Data from the Psychosis Incident Cohort Outcome Study (PICOS)Sarah Tosato
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, Section of Psychiatry, University of Verona, 37134 Verona, Italy
J Psychiatr Res 47:438-44. 2013..Particular attention must be paid to this behaviour, because reducing cannabis use can delay or prevent some cases of psychosis...
- Association study of dysbindin gene with clinical and outcome measures in a representative cohort of Italian schizophrenic patientsSarah Tosato
Section of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:647-59. 2007..These preliminary results are compatible with the view that DTNBP1 is a susceptibility factor for schizophrenia, and is associated with worse psychopathology...
- The contribution of epidemiology to defining the most appropriate approach to genetic research on schizophreniaSarah Tosato
Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 18:81-90. 2009..If environmental and/or genetic factors are not precisely measured, it is impossible to study their independent effects or interactions...
- Effect of COMT genotype on aggressive behaviour in a community cohort of schizophrenic patientsSarah Tosato
Section of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, University of Verona, Italy
Neurosci Lett 495:17-21. 2011..Antipsychotic dosage, alcohol and drug abuse were taken into account as confounders. The Met/Met genotype of COMT may have an effect on aggressive behaviour in schizophrenia because norepinephrine is less effectively inactivated...
- Is neuregulin 1 involved in determining cerebral volumes in schizophrenia? Preliminary results showing a decrease in superior temporal gyrus volumeSarah Tosato
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, Section of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy sarah tosato univr it
Neuropsychobiology 65:119-25. 2012..In this study, the association between NRG1 and STG anatomy in patients with schizophrenia was explored for the first time...
- A multi-element psychosocial intervention for early psychosis (GET UP PIANO TRIAL) conducted in a catchment area of 10 million inhabitants: study protocol for a pragmatic cluster randomized controlled trialMirella Ruggeri
Section of Psychiatry, Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Verona and Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Integrata Verona, Verona, Italy
Trials 13:73. 2012....
- Association between the neuregulin 1 gene and schizophrenia: a systematic reviewSarah Tosato
Department of Medicine and Public Health, University of Verona, Section of Psychiatry, Verona, Italy
Schizophr Bull 31:613-7. 2005..Not only are these alternative explanations for the linkage seen between chromosome 8p and schizophrenia, but it is equally possible that there is more than 1 susceptibility gene at this locus...
- Can the role of genetic factors in schizophrenia be enlightened by studies of candidate gene mutant mice behaviour?Rodolfo Mazzoncini
Department of Medicine and Public Health, Section of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
World J Biol Psychiatry 10:778-97. 2009..On the other hand, multivariate and translational approach should be implemented in several behavioural domains...
- Large recurrent microdeletions associated with schizophreniaHreinn Stefansson
CNS Division, deCODE Genetics, Sturlugata 8, IS 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Nature 455:232-6. 2008..CNV analysis may also point the way to the identification of additional and more prevalent risk variants in genes and pathways involved in schizophrenia...