Affiliation: University of Verona
- Differentiation of Lactobacillus plantarum, L. pentosus and L. paraplantarum species by RAPD-PCR and AFLPS Torriani
DOFATA, University of Catania, Italy
Syst Appl Microbiol 24:554-60. 2001..Both methodologies generated, species-specific electrophoretic profiles. Moreover, the presence of distinct subgroups was revealed within the species L. plantarum...
- Genetic and phenotypic diversity of Saccharomyces sensu stricto strains isolated from Amarone wine. Diversity of Saccharomyces strains from Amarone wineS Torriani
Istituto di Industrie Agrarie, Universita di Catania, Italy
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 75:207-15. 1999....
- Identification by 16S-23S rDNA intergenic region amplification, genotypic and phenotypic clustering of Staphylococcus xylosus strains from dry sausagesF Rossi
Dipartimento Scientifico e Tecnologico, Facolta di Scienze, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Italy
J Appl Microbiol 90:365-71. 2001..To ascertain the identification and typing of the Gram-positive, coagulase-negative cocci present in 'Salsiccia Sotto Sugna', an Italian artisanal sausage...
- Rapid identification and differentiation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Saccharomyces bayanus and their hybrids by multiplex PCRS Torriani
Dipartimento Scientifico e Tecnologico, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Verona, Italy
Lett Appl Microbiol 38:239-44. 2004..To develop a multiplex PCR assay for the specific identification and differentiation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, S. bayanus and their hybrids...
- Identification of probiotic microorganisms in South African products using PCR-based DGGE analysisJ Theunissen
Department of Food Science, Stellenbosch University, Private Bag X1, Matieland 7602, South Africa
Int J Food Microbiol 98:11-21. 2005..PCR-based DGGE analyses proved to be a valuable culture-independent approach for the rapid and specific identification of the microbial species present in South African probiotic products...
- Rapid identification of Enterococcus durans and Enterococcus hirae by PCR with primers targeted to the ddl genesE Knijff
Dipartimento Scientifico e Tecnologico, , , Strada Le Grazie 15, , Italy
J Microbiol Methods 47:35-40. 2001..hirae (n=16) strains, all of which were identified correctly. This PCR procedure offers a reliable and rapid alternative to conventional phenotypic methods for speciation of these enterococci of growing clinical importance...
- Differentiation of Lactobacillus plantarum, L. pentosus, and L. paraplantarum by recA gene sequence analysis and multiplex PCR assay with recA gene-derived primersS Torriani
Dipartimento Scientifico e Tecnologico, , , 37134 Verona, Italy
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:3450-4. 2001..This strategy permitted the unambiguous identification of strains belonging to L. plantarum, L. pentosus, and L. paraplantarum in a single reaction, indicating its applicability to the speciation of isolates of the L. plantarum group...
- Rapid detection of viable yeasts and bacteria in wine by flow cytometryP Malacrinò
Dipartimento Scientifico e Tecnologico, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Strada Le Grazie 15 37134, Verona, Italy
J Microbiol Methods 45:127-34. 2001..Because it is rapid and easy to use, flow cytometry can be considered a useful method for microbiological quality control in wineries and for the investigation of the growth dynamics of microorganisms in wine...
- Development of the Specific and Random Amplification (SARA)-PCR for both species identification of enterococci and detection of the vanA geneE Knijff
Dipartimento Scientifico e Tecnologico, , Strada Le Grazie 15, 37134, Verona, Italy
J Microbiol Methods 43:233-9. 2001..Simultaneously the vanA gene was detected in all strains showing high resistance to vancomycin...
- Detection of Staphylococcus aureus and enterotoxin genotype diversity in Monte Veronese, a Protected Designation of Origin Italian cheeseA Poli
Dipartimento di Medicina e Sanita Pubblica, Universita di Verona, Verona, Italy
Lett Appl Microbiol 45:529-34. 2007..To evaluate the risk associated with the load and enterotoxigenicity of Staphylococcus aureus in Monte Veronese, a PDO (Protected Designation of Origin) cheese of the Lessinia area (Verona, Italy)...