Affiliation: University of Rome Tor Vergata
- Chronic treatment with statins increases the availability of selenium in the antioxidant defence systems of hemodialysis patientsMassimo Taccone-Gallucci
Section of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
J Trace Elem Med Biol 24:27-30. 2010..Our study aimed to compare serum Se concentration in ESRD patients on maintenance HD and in homogeneous healthy subjects and to investigate whether chronic treatment with statins may interfere with serum Se concentration in HD patients...
- Vitamin E-related inhibition of monocyte 5-lipoxygenase and cardiovascular outcome in maintenance hemodialysis patientsSimone Manca-di-Villahermosa
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata and U O Nefrologia e Dialisi, Policlinico Tor Vergata Viale Oxford, 81 00133 Roma, Italy
Recent Pat Inflamm Allergy Drug Discov 5:229-40. 2011..In this review, we also outline relevant patents on vitamin E and lipoxygenase inhibitors...
- Arachidonate cascade, apoptosis, and vitamin E in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from hemodialysis patientsMauro Maccarrone
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 40:600-10. 2002..5-Lipoxygenase activity is specifically inhibited by vitamin E both in vitro and in vivo regardless of its administration route...
- Erythrocyte glutathione transferase: a potential new biomarker in chronic kidney diseases which correlates with plasma homocysteineMariarita Dessi
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Amino Acids 43:347-54. 2012..The results in this study suggest the potential for automated e-GST analysis as a valuable tool to further explore phase II-related uremic toxicity in CKD and MHD patients...
- Acid-base balance and oxygen tension during dialysis in uremic patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseSimone Manca-di-Villahermosa
Nephrology Department of Internal Medicine, Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
Artif Organs 32:973-7. 2008..Nevertheless, weight loss must be carefully monitored in these patients in order to prevent hyperhydration and worsening of respiratory function...