Affiliation: University of Siena
- Selection of reference genes for quantitative RT-PCR studies in striped dolphin (Stenella coeruleoalba) skin biopsiesGiacomo Spinsanti
Evolutionary Biology Department, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
BMC Mol Biol 7:32. 2006..A systematic evaluation of potential reference genes in cetacean skin biopsies is presented, in order to validate future qRT-PCR studies aiming at using the expression of selected genes as non-lethal biomarkers...
- Athletic humans and horses: comparative analysis of interleukin-6 (IL-6) and IL-6 receptor (IL-6R) expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells in trained and untrained subjects at restStefano Capomaccio
Centro di Studio del Cavallo Sportivo, Dipartimento di Patologia, Diagnostica e Clinica Veterinaria, Universita degli Studi di Perugia, Via San Costanzo 4, 06126 Perugia, Italia
BMC Physiol 11:3. 2011..The aim of this study was to compare IL-6 and IL-6 receptor (IL-6R) mRNA expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) in trained and untrained humans and horses...
- Exercise induced stress in horses: selection of the most stable reference genes for quantitative RT-PCR normalizationKatia Cappelli
Department of Pathology, Diagnostic and Veterinary Clinic, University of Perugia, Via San Costanzo 4, 06126 Perugia, Italy
BMC Mol Biol 9:49. 2008..Appropriate application of qRT-PCR, however, requires the use of reference genes whose level of expression is not affected by the test, by general physiological conditions or by inter-individual variability...
- Selection of reliable reference genes for qRT-PCR studies on cetacean fibroblast cultures exposed to OCs, PBDEs, and 17beta-estradiolGiacomo Spinsanti
Department of Evolutionary Biology, University of Siena, Via A Moro 2, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
Aquat Toxicol 87:178-86. 2008....
- Quantitative Real-Time PCR detection of TRPV1-4 gene expression in human leukocytes from healthy and hyposensitive subjectsGiacomo Spinsanti
Department of Evolutionary Biology, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Mol Pain 4:51. 2008..While the expression of the TRPV1-4 genes has been adequately proved in skin, sensory fibres and keratinocytes, less is known about TRPV3 and TRPV4 expression in human blood cells...
- The Pelagos Sanctuary for Mediterranean marine mammals: Marine Protected Area (MPA) or marine polluted area? The case study of the striped dolphin (Stenella coeruleoalba)Maria Cristina Fossi
Department of Physical, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Siena, Via PA Mattioli 4, 53100 Siena, Italy
Mar Pollut Bull 70:64-72. 2013..Here we provide the first complete evidence of the toxicological stress in cetaceans living in Pelagos Sanctuary...
- Ecotoxicological diagnosis of striped dolphin (Stenella coeruleoalba) from the Mediterranean basin by skin biopsy and gene expression approachCristina Panti
Evolutionary Biology Department, University of Siena, Via A Moro 2, Siena, 53100, Italy
Ecotoxicology 20:1791-800. 2011..Our results suggest that this molecular approach applied to non-destructive biopsy material is a powerful diagnostic tool for evaluating ecotoxicological impact on cetacean populations...
- The putative-farnesoic acid O-methyl transferase (FAMeT) gene of Ceratitis capitata: characterization and pre-imaginal life expressionLaura Vannini
Department of Evolutionary Biology, University of Siena, Italy
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 73:106-17. 2010....
- A multi-trial diagnostic tool in fin whale (Balaenoptera physalus) skin biopsies of the Pelagos Sanctuary (Mediterranean Sea) and the Gulf of California (Mexico)Maria Cristina Fossi
Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Siena, Via Mattioli 4, Siena, Italy
Mar Environ Res 69:S17-20. 2010..The study revealed a higher level of toxicological stress in the Mediterranean fin whales...
- Lymphocyte TRPV 1-4 gene expression and MIF blood levels in a young girl clinically diagnosed with HSAN IVValeria Bachiocco
Department of Physiology, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Clin J Pain 27:631-4. 2011..The investigation may help to define the interplay between nerve growth factor and TRPV 1-4 channels and between these sensors and MIF in this disease, and in broader terms in nociception...
- Hexapod origins: monophyletic or paraphyletic?Francesco Nardi
Department of Evolutionary Biology, University of Siena, Via Aldo Moro 2, 53100 Siena, Italy
Science 299:1887-9. 2003..Therefore, the taxon Hexapoda, as commonly defined to include all six-legged arthropods, is not monophyletic...