Affiliation: University of Turin
- Matic S, Bagnaresi P, Biselli C, Orrù L, Amaral Carneiro G, Siciliano I, et al. Comparative transcriptome profiling of resistant and susceptible rice genotypes in response to the seedborne pathogen Fusarium fujikuroi. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:608 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this provides important information to elucidate the molecular and cellular processes occurring in rice during F. fujikuroi infection and to develop bakanae resistant rice germplasm. ..
- Matic S, Gullino M, Spadaro D. The puzzle of bakanae disease through interactions between Fusarium fujikuroi and rice. Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2017;9:333-344 pubmed..Here, some new aspects of F. fujikuroi epidemiology and pathogenicity, as well as its interactions with rice, are reported, and recent approaches applied to control bakanae disease are summarized. ..
- Siahmoshteh F, Siciliano I, Banani H, Hamidi Esfahani Z, Razzaghi Abyaneh M, Gullino M, et al. Efficacy of Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus amyloliquefaciens in the control of Aspergillus parasiticus growth and aflatoxins production on pistachio. Int J Food Microbiol. 2017;254:47-53 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results indicate that Bacillus species could be considered as potential biocontrol agents to combat toxigenic fungal growth and subsequent aflatoxin contamination of nuts and agricultural crops in practice. ..
- Banani H, Olivieri L, Santoro K, Garibaldi A, Gullino M, Spadaro D. Thyme and Savory Essential Oil Efficacy and Induction of Resistance against Botrytis cinerea through Priming of Defense Responses in Apple. Foods. 2018;7: pubmed publisher..cinerea through the priming of defense responses in apple fruit, and the PR-8 gene of apple may play a key role in the mechanism by which thyme essential oil effectively inhibits gray mold in apple fruit. ..
- Spadaro D, Ciavorella A, Lopez Reyes J, Garibaldi A, Gullino M. Effect of culture age, protectants, and initial cell concentration on viability of freeze-dried cells of Metschnikowia pulcherrima. Can J Microbiol. 2010;56:809-15 pubmed publisher..pulcherrima cells was similar to that obtained in other studies. The results constitute a first step towards the commercial development of M. pulcherrima as a biocontrol agent. ..
- Siciliano I, Dal Bello B, Zeppa G, Spadaro D, Gullino M. Static Hot Air and Infrared Rays Roasting are Efficient Methods for Aflatoxin Decontamination on Hazelnuts. Toxins (Basel). 2017;9: pubmed publisher..After roasting, the lipid profile and the nutritional quality of hazelnuts were not affected. Fatty acid methyl esters analyses showed a similar composition for Italian and Turkish hazelnuts. ..