Affiliation: University of Milan
- Effect of dark chocolate on plasma epicatechin levels, DNA resistance to oxidative stress and total antioxidant activity in healthy subjectsA Spadafranca
Department of Food Science and Microbiology di S T A M, Division of Human Nutrition, University of Milan, Via Celoria, 2, 20133 Milan, Italy
Br J Nutr 103:1008-14. 2010..T(27+2 h), P = 0.7). Both effects were no longer evident after 22 h. No effect was observed on TAA. WC did not affect any variable. DC may transiently improve DNA resistance to oxidative stress, probably for flavonoid kinetics...
- Circulating salicylic acid is related to fruit and vegetable consumption in healthy subjectsA Spadafranca
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Alimentari e Microbiologiche, International Center for the Assessment of Nutritional Status, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via G Colombo, 60, 20133 Milan, Italy
Br J Nutr 98:802-6. 2007..It is therefore possible that the beneficial effects of regular FV consumption in man could also depend on low chronic SA exposure...
- Comparison between daidzein and genistein antioxidant activity in primary and cancer lymphocytesP Foti
Division of Human Nutrition, Department of Food Science and Microbiology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Arch Biochem Biophys 433:421-7. 2005....
- Nutritional counselling in disabled people: effects on dietary patterns, body composition and cardiovascular risk factorsS Bertoli
International Center for the Assessment of Nutritional Status, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Eur J Phys Rehabil Med 44:149-58. 2008..The aim of this study was to analyse the applicability and the efficacy of a nutritional counselling intervention in order to improve dietary intake and nutritional status in disabled people...
- Measurement of salicylic acid in human serum using stable isotope dilution and gas chromatography-mass spectrometryA Battezzati
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Alimentari e Microbiologiche, International Center for the Assessment of Nutritional Status, Universita degli Studi di Milano, 20133 Milan, Italy
Anal Biochem 354:274-8. 2006..With a detection limit of 0.6 ng and a quantification limit of 2 ng, the method is therefore also adequate for population studies because of the small amount of blood necessary to perform the analyses...