Affiliation: University of Turin
- Mitochondrial translocation of vitamin D receptor is mediated by the permeability transition pore in human keratinocyte cell lineFrancesca Silvagno
Department of Oncology, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e54716. 2013..Whereas for other members of the steroid receptor family the mitochondrial function has been explored, up to now nothing is known about a mitochondrial form of VDR in human proliferating cells...
- Synergistic effect of retinoic acid and dehydroepiandrosterone on differentiation of human neuroblastoma cellsFrancesca Silvagno
Dipartimento di Genetica, Biologia e Biochimica, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita di Torino, Sezione di Biochimica, Via Santena 5 bis, 10126 Turin, Italy
FEBS Lett 532:153-8. 2002..The concerted modulation of these proteinases may support the neurite outgrowth observed after co-treatment with the two drugs...
- Mitochondrial localization of vitamin D receptor in human platelets and differentiated megakaryocytesFrancesca Silvagno
Department of Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
PLoS ONE 5:e8670. 2010....
- Analysis of vitamin D receptor expression and clinical correlations in patients with ovarian cancerFrancesca Silvagno
Department of Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, University of Turin, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 119:121-4. 2010..Little is known about vitamin D receptor (VDR) levels in patients with ovarian cancer. In this population we sought to determine correlations between VDR expression, clinical parameters and treatment outcome...
- Antioxidants prevent the RhoA inhibition evoked by crocidolite asbestos in human mesothelial and mesothelioma cellsElisabetta Aldieri
Department of Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, University of Torino, Italy
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 45:625-31. 2011..The same effect was observed when the oxidizing agent menadione was administrated to the cells in place of crocidolite. Such a mechanism could at least partly explain the effects exerted by crocidolite fibers in mesothelial cells...
- Long-term exposure to dehydroepiandrosterone affects the transcriptional activity of the glucocorticoid receptorSara Saponaro
Department of Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, University of Turin, Via Santena 5bis, 10126 Turin, Italy
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 103:129-36. 2007..These data add novel information about the long-term effects of DHEA in vitro...
- Asbestos induces nitric oxide synthesis in mesothelioma cells via Rho signaling inhibitionChiara Riganti
Department of Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, and Interdepartmental Center G Scansetti for Studies on Asbestos and Other Toxic Particulates, Universita di Torino, Torino, Italy
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 36:746-56. 2007..Our results suggest that crocidolite increases the NO levels in mesothelioma cells by modulating both NO synthase isoforms...
- Synaptic activity induces signalling to CREB without increasing global levels of cAMP in hippocampal neuronsAnna Pokorska
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Division of Neurobiology, Hills Road, Cambridge, UK
J Neurochem 84:447-52. 2003....