Affiliation: University of Rome La Sapienza
- Signore A, Glaudemans A. The molecular imaging approach to image infections and inflammation by nuclear medicine techniques. Ann Nucl Med. 2011;25:681-700 pubmed publisher..We also describe the clinical indications of all available radiopharmaceuticals in the light of the newly available guidelines. ..
- Signore A, Glaudemans A, Gheysens O, Lauri C, Catalano O. Nuclear Medicine Imaging in Pediatric Infection or Chronic Inflammatory Diseases. Semin Nucl Med. 2017;47:286-303 pubmed publisher....
- Auletta S, Baldoni D, Varani M, Galli F, Hajar I, Duatti A, et al. Comparison of 99mTc-UBI 29-41, 99mTc-Ciprofloxacin, 99mTc-Ciprofloxacin dithiocarbamate and 111In-biotin for targeting experimental Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli foreign-body infections: an ex-vivo study. Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017;: pubmed publisher..aureus and poor to E. coli. 99mTc-Ciprofloxacin showed poor in vitro binding but good in vivo binding to all tested bacteria. The mechanism of accumulation in infected sites remains to be elucidated. ..
- Familiari D, Glaudemans A, Vitale V, Prosperi D, Bagni O, Lenza A, et al. Can sequential 18F-FDG PET/CT replace WBC imaging in the diabetic foot?. J Nucl Med. 2011;52:1012-9 pubmed publisher..18)F-FDG PET/CT, even with sequential imaging, has a low diagnostic accuracy for osteomyelitis and cannot replace WBC scintigraphy in patients with diabetic foot. ..
- Glaudemans A, Prandini N, Di Girolamo M, Argento G, Lauri C, Lazzeri E, et al. Hybrid imaging of musculoskeletal infections. Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Authors conclude on the complementary role of the several techniques with indications for an appropriate diagnostic flow chart, in the light of the recent EANM guidelines on infection...