Affiliation: University of Pavia
- Etravirine for the treatment of HIV infectionE Seminari
Clinical Epidemiology and Biometric Unit, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo Pavia, P le Golgi 2, I 27100 Pavia, Italy
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 6:427-33. 2008..Furthermore, the overall rate of discontinuation due to any adverse event was similar between the etravirine and placebo groups. The most common adverse events reported were rash and nausea...
- Post-exposure rate of tuberculosis infection among health care workers measured with tuberculin skin test conversion after unprotected exposure to patients with pulmonary tuberculosis: 6-year experience in an Italian teaching hospitalAlba Muzzi
Direzione Medica di Presidio, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Viale Camillo Golgi 19, Pavia 27100, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 14:324. 2014..This study assesses the risk of LTBI at our Hospital among HCWs who have been exposed to TB patients with a delayed diagnosis and respiratory protection measures were not implemented...
- Prevalence and epidemiological correlates and treatment outcome of HCV infection in an Italian prison settingMicaela Brandolini
Clinica di Malattie Infettive, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Viale Camillo Golgi 19, 27100 Pavia, Italy
BMC Public Health 13:981. 2013..The aim of the present study is to test in the feasibility of a screening programme for HCV infection in an Italian prison and to evaluate the treatment outcomes...
- Differences in implementation of HIV/AIDS clinical research in developed versus developing world: an evidence-based review on protease inhibitor use among women and minoritiesE Seminari
Clinic of Infectious Diseases, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Piazzale Golgi 2 27100 Pavia, Italy
Int J STD AIDS 23:837-42. 2012..7% versus 27.1%, respectively, P = 0.04). Rates of enrolment of minorities in registrative clinical trials for Pls show a positive trend since 1996, mirroring the growing number of people of different ethnic groups accessing ART...
- Hepatitis C infection on immune recovery in HIV-positive patients on successful HAART: the role of genotype 3Elena Seminari
Servizio Biometria ed Epidemiologia Clinica Direzione Scientifica Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Curr HIV Res 8:186-93. 2010..The primary objective of this study was to investigate the impact of HCV infection and of HCV genotypes on immune restoration in HIV-infected patients on a successful HAART regimen...
- CD4+ guided antiretroviral treatment interruption in HIV infection: a meta-analysisElena Seminari
Clinical Epidemiology and Biometric Unit, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
AIDS Rev 10:236-44. 2008....
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of nelfinavir combined with efavirenz and stavudine during rescue treatment of heavily pretreated HIV-infected patientsM B Regazzi
Department of Pharmacology and Department of Infectious Diseases, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, P le Golgi 2, 27100 Pavia, Italy
J Antimicrob Chemother 45:343-7. 2000....
- Role of hydroxyurea during structured treatment interruptionsA Foli
Research Institute for Genetic and Human Therapy RIGHT at IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 16:64-8. 2002..In this manuscript in vitro and in vivo data indicating that HU might play a major role in the setting of STI-HAART will be presented...
- Assessment of atherosclerosis using carotid ultrasonography in a cohort of HIV-positive patients treated with protease inhibitorsE Seminari
Department of Infectious Diseases, IRCCS, Policlinico S Matteo, 27100, Pavia, Italy
Atherosclerosis 162:433-8. 2002..The aim of this study is to evaluate the extent of carotid intima media thickness (IMT) among HIV-positive patients treated with PI containing regimens compared to PI-naïve and HIV-negative subjects...
- Osteoprotegerin and bone turnover markers in heavily pretreated HIV-infected patientsE Seminari
Infectious Diseases Department, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
HIV Med 6:145-50. 2005..To characterize osteoprotegerin (OPG) levels, bone remodelling and bone mineral density (BMD) in heavily pretreated HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral therapy, and to evaluate the clinical factors associated with bone density decline...
- Nelfinavir suspension obtained from nelfinavir tablets has equivalent pharmacokinetic profileM B Regazzi
Department of Pharmacology, I R C C S Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, Italy
J Chemother 13:569-74. 2001..There was no significant difference in Tmax between the liquid and tablets. Nelfinavir suspension might be a option for treating HIV-infected patients with swallowing disturbances or compliance problems...