Affiliation: University of Pavia
- Etravirine for the treatment of HIV infectionE Seminari
Clinical Epidemiology and Biometric Unit, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo Pavia, P le Golgi 2, I 27100 Pavia, Italy
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 6:427-33. 2008..Furthermore, the overall rate of discontinuation due to any adverse event was similar between the etravirine and placebo groups. The most common adverse events reported were rash and nausea...
- Differences in implementation of HIV/AIDS clinical research in developed versus developing world: an evidence-based review on protease inhibitor use among women and minoritiesE Seminari
Clinic of Infectious Diseases, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Piazzale Golgi 2 27100 Pavia, Italy
Int J STD AIDS 23:837-42. 2012..7% versus 27.1%, respectively, P = 0.04). Rates of enrolment of minorities in registrative clinical trials for Pls show a positive trend since 1996, mirroring the growing number of people of different ethnic groups accessing ART...
- CD4+ guided antiretroviral treatment interruption in HIV infection: a meta-analysisElena Seminari
Clinical Epidemiology and Biometric Unit, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
AIDS Rev 10:236-44. 2008....
- Hepatitis C infection on immune recovery in HIV-positive patients on successful HAART: the role of genotype 3Elena Seminari
Servizio Biometria ed Epidemiologia Clinica Direzione Scientifica Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Curr HIV Res 8:186-93. 2010..The primary objective of this study was to investigate the impact of HCV infection and of HCV genotypes on immune restoration in HIV-infected patients on a successful HAART regimen...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of nelfinavir combined with efavirenz and stavudine during rescue treatment of heavily pretreated HIV-infected patientsM B Regazzi
Department of Pharmacology and Department of Infectious Diseases, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, P le Golgi 2, 27100 Pavia, Italy
J Antimicrob Chemother 45:343-7. 2000....
- Role of hydroxyurea during structured treatment interruptionsA Foli
Research Institute for Genetic and Human Therapy (RIGHT) at IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 16:64-8. 2002..In this manuscript in vitro and in vivo data indicating that HU might play a major role in the setting of STI-HAART will be presented...
- Assessment of atherosclerosis using carotid ultrasonography in a cohort of HIV-positive patients treated with protease inhibitorsE Seminari
Department of Infectious Diseases, IRCCS, Policlinico S. Matteo, 27100, Pavia, Italy
Atherosclerosis 162:433-8. 2002..Moreover, physicians should address concurrent risk factor for atherosclerosis that can be modified, including smoking, hypertension, obesity and sedentary life-style...
- Nelfinavir suspension obtained from nelfinavir tablets has equivalent pharmacokinetic profileM B Regazzi
Department of Pharmacology, I R C C S Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, Italy
J Chemother 13:569-74. 2001..There was no significant difference in Tmax between the liquid and tablets. Nelfinavir suspension might be a option for treating HIV-infected patients with swallowing disturbances or compliance problems...
- Osteoprotegerin and bone turnover markers in heavily pretreated HIV-infected patientsE Seminari
Infectious Diseases Department, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
HIV Med 6:145-50. 2005..To characterize osteoprotegerin (OPG) levels, bone remodelling and bone mineral density (BMD) in heavily pretreated HIV-infected patients on antiretroviral therapy, and to evaluate the clinical factors associated with bone density decline...