Affiliation: University Hospital
- Quality Indicators in Laboratory Medicine: from theory to practice. Preliminary data from the IFCC Working Group Project "Laboratory Errors and Patient Safety"Laura Sciacovelli
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Center of Biomedical Research, University Hospital of Padova, Padova, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 49:835-44. 2011....
- The IFCC Working Group on laboratory errors and patient safetyLaura Sciacovelli
Center of Biomedical Research, Castelfranco Veneto TV, Italy
Clin Chim Acta 404:79-85. 2009..The mission of the WG-LEPS is to promote and encourage investigations into errors in laboratory medicine, collect data available on this issue and recommend strategies and procedures for improving patient safety...
- Risk management in laboratory medicine: quality assurance programs and professional competenceLaura Sciacovelli
Center of Biomedical Research, Castelfranco Veneto, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:756-65. 2007..The examples highlight that any well-designed quality system can be ineffective if it is not managed by highly competent professionals with a deep sense of responsibility...
- Effects of sample transportation on commonly requested laboratory testsMartina Zaninotto
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital, Padova, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 50:1755-60. 2012..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effects of an integrated system for sample transportation on the quality of six laboratory parameters considered representative of the quality of all tests requested and performed...
- External Quality Assessment: an effective tool for Clinical Governance in laboratory medicineLaura Sciacovelli
Centre of Biomedical Research, Civil Hospital, Castelfranco Veneto TV, and Department of Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital, Padova, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:740-9. 2006..The main aim of the activities of an EQAP in Laboratory Medicine is to sustain improvements in the quality of services provided by participating laboratories for the benefit of patients...