Affiliation: University of Milan
- Impaired diffusing capacity for carbon monoxide in children with type 1 diabetes: is this the first sign of long-term complications?Andrea E Scaramuzza
Department of Paediatrics, Luigi Sacco Hospital, University of Milano, Milan, Italy
Acta Diabetol 49:159-64. 2012..Meanwhile, we suggest to screen DLCO in all patients with type 1 diabetes...
- Insulin pump therapy for type 1 diabetes treatment in a girl with Down's syndromeAndrea E Scaramuzza
Department of Pediatrics, Azienda Ospedaliera, University of Milan, Ospedale Luigi Sacco, Milan, Italy
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 85:e16-8. 2009..After 22-month follow-up hemoglobin A1c dropped from 9% to 6.8%, even with a lower insulin requirement and no change in BMI...
- Timing of bolus in children with type 1 diabetes using continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (TiBoDi Study)Andrea E Scaramuzza
Department of Paediatrics, University of Milano, Ospedale Luigi Sacco, 20154 Milan, Italy
Diabetes Technol Ther 12:149-52. 2010..Several factors contribute to control, including fine-tuning the basal infusion rate and bolus timing. We evaluated the most effective timing of a pump-delivered, preprandial bolus in children with type 1 diabetes...
- Adolescents with type 1 diabetes and risky behaviourAe Scaramuzza
Department of Pediatrics, University of Milano, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Milan, Italy
Acta Paediatr 99:1237-41. 2010..The aim of the student is to assess whether adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM) in Italy differ from their healthy peers in regard to risky behaviour...
- Use of integrated real-time continuous glucose monitoring/insulin pump system in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: a 3-year follow-up studyAndrea E Scaramuzza
Department of Pediatrics, Azienda Ospedaliera, University of Milano, Ospedale Luigi Sacco, Milano, Italy
Diabetes Technol Ther 13:99-103. 2011..The objective of this study was the evaluation of the clinical use of SAP in a large series of children with type 1 diabetes using insulin pump therapy...