Affiliation: University of Milan
- Iron-related indexes in chronic alcoholics. Effect of alcohol withdrawalD Conte
Chair of Gastroenterology, IRCCS Maggiore Hospital, Milan, Italy
Ital J Gastroenterol Hepatol 30:534-8. 1998..Increased serum transferrin saturation and ferritin levels have been reported in chronic alcoholics...
- Close relation between cirrhosis and gallstones: cross-sectional and longitudinal surveyD Conte
IRCCS Maggiore Hospital, Milan, Italy
Arch Intern Med 159:49-52. 1999..Increased gallstone prevalence and incidence in cirrhosis have already been reported in different series, including a limited number of patients with cirrhosis...
- Chronic unexplained hypertransaminasemia may be caused by occult celiac diseaseM T Bardella
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Milan, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore, Milan, Italy
Hepatology 29:654-7. 1999..6 (95% confidence interval 11.1-31.2). On the basis of the present findings, screening for celiac disease is an important tool in the initial diagnostic work-up of patients with chronic unexplained hypertransaminasemia...
- The physical state of a meal affects hormone release and postprandial thermogenesisM Peracchi
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Milan, Ospedale Maggiore IRCCS, Italy
Br J Nutr 83:623-8. 2000....
- Physical state of meal affects gastric emptying, cholecystokinin release and satietyA Santangelo
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Milan, Italy
Br J Nutr 80:521-7. 1998..Moreover, the relationship observed between antral area and fullness sensation confirms that antral distension plays a part in the regulation of eating behaviour...