Affiliation: University of Turin
- Galectin-3: presurgical marker of thyroid follicular epithelial cell-derived carcinomasE Saggiorato
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 27:311-7. 2004..The routine correct use of galectin-3, by increasing the diagnostic accuracy of conventional cytology, improves the management of thyroid nodules and can lead to a sensitive reduction of useless thyroid surgeries...
- Characterization of thyroid 'follicular neoplasms' in fine-needle aspiration cytological specimens using a panel of immunohistochemical markers: a proposal for clinical applicationE Saggiorato
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin, Regione Gonzole 10, 10043 Orbassano TO, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 12:305-17. 2005..The combination of three or more markers did not substantially improve the diagnostic accuracy of the test...
- Absence of RET gene point mutations in sporadic thyroid C-cell hyperplasiaEnrico Saggiorato
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin, San Luigi Hospital, Orbassano, Italy
J Mol Diagn 9:214-9. 2007....
- 99mTc-MIBI Imaging in the presurgical characterization of thyroid follicular neoplasms: relationship to multidrug resistance protein expressionEnrico Saggiorato
Section of Endocrinology, Division of Internal Medicine, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, Gradenigo Hospital, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Nucl Med 50:1785-93. 2009..This study also aimed to analyze the relationship between (99m)Tc-MIBI images and P-glycoprotein (P-gp)/multidrug resistance-associated protein-1 (MRP1) immunohistochemical expression...
- Galectin-3 and HBME-1 expression in oncocytic cell tumors of the thyroidMarco Volante
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Oncology, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Virchows Arch 445:183-8. 2004....
- Galectin-3 and Ki-67 expression in multiglandular parathyroid lesionsEnrico Saggiorato
Section of Endocrinology, University of Turin, Italy
Am J Clin Pathol 126:59-66. 2006....
- Mammalian target of rapamycin pathway activation is associated to RET mutation status in medullary thyroid carcinomaIda Rapa
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin, San Luigi Hospital, 10043 Orbassano, Turin, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:2146-53. 2011..The genetic pathways involved in medullary thyroid carcinomas (MTC), except for RET mutations, are largely unknown, as is the detailed mapping of proteins activated as a consequence of RET tyrosine kinase phosphorylation...
- Role of galectin-3 immunodetection in the cytological diagnosis of thyroid cystic papillary carcinomaMauro Papotti
Department of Pathology, University of Turin, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 147:515-21. 2002..The aim of this study was to assess the role of galectin-3 immunodetection in a series of FNA cytological samples of benign and malignant thyroid cystic nodules...
- Galectin-3-expression analysis in the surgical selection of follicular thyroid nodules with indeterminate fine-needle aspiration cytology: a prospective multicentre studyArmando Bartolazzi
Department of Pathology, St Andrea University Hospital, Rome, Italy
Lancet Oncol 9:543-9. 2008..We aimed to assess the diagnostic effect of galectin-3 expression analysis in distinguishing preoperatively benign from malignant follicular thyroid nodules when FNA findings were indeterminate...