M G Rumi
Affiliation: University of Milan
- Comparative trials of peginterferon α2a and peginterferon α2b for chronic hepatitis CM Rumi
Hepatology Unit, San Giuseppe Hospital, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Viral Hepat 19:37-41. 2012..Retrospective cohort studies and randomized prospective head-to-head trials have attempted to resolve the considerable controversy over this issue and support evidence-based treatment decisions...
- Lack of rapid virological response predicts interferon-alpha2b/ribavirin therapy failure in HCV genotype 2 patients: a single-centre studyMaria Grazia Rumi
AM Et A Migliavacca Centre for Liver Disease, Division of Gastroenterology, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Antivir Ther 12:1033-40. 2007..The analysis of 'real-life' HCV-2 patients might help define the effectiveness of anti-HCV therapy and the role of response moderators...
- Progressive hepatic fibrosis in healthy carriers of hepatitis C virus with a transaminase breakthroughM G Rumi
Division of Hepatology, Antonio e Angela Maria Migliavacca Center for Liver Disease and Fondazione Italiana Ricerca Cancro, Liver Cancer Unit, Ospedale Maggiore IRCCS and University of Milan, Italy
J Viral Hepat 9:71-4. 2002..Hence, extended surveillance of HCV carriers with consistently normal or minimally elevated ALT values is warranted as these patients are at risk of ALT flares and may develop progressive liver disease...
- Randomized study of peginterferon-alpha2a plus ribavirin vs peginterferon-alpha2b plus ribavirin in chronic hepatitis CMaria Grazia Rumi
AM Migliavacca Center for Liver Disease, First Division of Gastroenterology, Fondazione IRCCS Maggiore Hospital, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Gastroenterology 138:108-15. 2010..Due to the lack of head-to-head studies, the 2 PegIFNs have not been directly compared. The endpoints of our study were safety and antiviral efficacy of the 2 regimens...
- Hepatitis C virus/human immunodeficiency virus coinfection in hemophiliacs: high rates of sustained virologic response to pegylated interferon and ribavirin therapyM E Mancuso
Department of Medicine and Medical Specialities, Angelo Bianchi Bonomi Haemophilia and Thrombosis Centre, IRCCS Maggiore Hospital, Mangiagalli and Regina Elena Foundation, Milan, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 7:1997-2005. 2009..OBJECTIVES AND PATIENTS: In this open-label, prospective, multicenter study, the efficacy and safety of therapy with Peg-IFNalpha2a plus Rbv was evaluated in 34 HCV/HIV-coinfected adult hemophiliacs naive to previous antiviral therapy...
- Implications of PNPLA3 polymorphism in chronic hepatitis C patients receiving peginterferon plus ribavirinL Valenti
Department of Internal Medicine, Universita degli Studi, Fondazione Cà Granda IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 35:1434-42. 2012..Homozygosity for the PNPLA3 p.I148M polymorphism influences steatosis and fibrogenesis in chronic hepatitis C (CHC)...
- Hepatitis C reactivation in patients with chronic infection with genotypes 1b and 2c: a retrospective cohort study of 206 untreated patientsM G Rumi
AM and A Migliavacca Centre for the Study of Liver Disease and Department of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, IRCCS Maggiore Hospital and University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Gut 54:402-6. 2005....
- Recovery after L-DOPA treatment in peginterferon and ribavirin induced parkinsonismA Bersano
Department of Neurological Sciences Fondazione Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, 7 IRCCS, Via F Sforza 35, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
Eur J Intern Med 19:370-1. 2008..IFN-based therapy has been associated with high rates (20%) of central nervous system side effects, but only a few case reports exist on extrapyramidal side effects...
- Hepatitis C in haemophilia: lights and shadowsM G Rumi
Department of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, A. Bianchi Bonomi Thrombosis Center, IRCCS Maggiore Hospital, University of Milan, 20122 Milan, Italy
Haemophilia 10:211-5. 2004..The development of newer interferon-based therapies provides an opportunity for modifying the natural history of HCV infection in a substantial number of haemophilic patients...
- Sustained suppression of hepatitis C virus by high doses of interferon and ribavirin in adult hemophilic patientsE Santagostino
Angelo Bianchi Bonomi Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center and the Division of Hepatology, IRCCS Maggiore Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Transfusion 44:790-4. 2004..35%). CONCLUSIONS: High-dose IFN therapy plus ribavirin provided high rates of sustained virologic responses in adult hemophiliacs with chronic HCV, even if side-effects led to dose reduction in half of these patients...
- High prevalence, low pathogenicity of hepatitis G virus in kidney transplant recipientsF De Filippi
Angela Maria e Antonio Migliavacca Center for Liver Disease, Department of Internal Medicine, IRCCS Maggiore Hospital, University of Milan, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 33:477-9. 2001..Low levels of hepatitis C virus-RNA found in hepatitis G virus carriers suggest an interaction between these two viruses in immunosuppressed patients...
- Primary prophylaxis of variceal bleeding in cirrhotic patients: a cohort studyA Dell'Era
Department of Medical Sciences, University of Milan, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli and Regina Elena Foundation, Milan, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 40:936-43. 2008..However, it has been suggested that these patients may respond poorly to band ligation...
- Retreatment with interferon plus ribavirin of chronic hepatitis C non-responders to interferon monotherapy: a meta-analysis of individual patient dataC Camma
Istituto Metodologie Diagnostiche Avanzate, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, and Cattedra e Unità Operativa di Gastroenterologia, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Gut 51:864-9. 2002..Retreatment with a combination of alpha interferon (IFN) plus ribavirin of patients with chronic hepatitis C who did not respond to IFN monotherapy has not been assessed in large controlled studies...