Affiliation: University of Cagliari
- Rosa A, Deiana M, Atzeri A, Corona G, Incani A, Melis M, et al. Evaluation of the antioxidant and cytotoxic activity of arzanol, a prenylated alpha-pyrone-phloroglucinol etherodimer from Helichrysum italicum subsp.microphyllum. Chem Biol Interact. 2007;165:117-26 pubmed..The results of the present work suggest that the natural compound arzanol exerts useful antioxidant properties in different in vitro systems of lipid peroxidation. ..
- Rosa A, Pollastro F, Atzeri A, Appendino G, Melis M, Deiana M, et al. Protective role of arzanol against lipid peroxidation in biological systems. Chem Phys Lipids. 2011;164:24-32 pubmed publisher..36×10(-5) and 2.20±0.004×10(-5)cm/s, respectively, suggesting a passive diffusion pathway. The results of the work qualify arzanol as a potent natural antioxidant with a protective effect against lipid oxidation in biological systems. ..
- Rosa A, Piras A, Nieddu M, Putzu D, Cesare Marincola F, Falchi A. Mugil cephalus roe oil obtained by supercritical fluid extraction affects the lipid profile and viability in cancer HeLa and B16F10 cells. Food Funct. 2016;7:4092-103 pubmed publisher..Bottarga oil treatment influenced the synthesis of intracellular membranes and accumulation of cytoplasmic lipid droplets in cancer cells. ..
- Rosa A, Maxia A, Putzu D, Atzeri A, Era B, Fais A, et al. Chemical composition of Lycium europaeum fruit oil obtained by supercritical CO2 extraction and evaluation of its antioxidant activity, cytotoxicity and cell absorption. Food Chem. 2017;230:82-90 pubmed publisher..The results qualify L. europaeum oil as a potential source for food/pharmaceutical applications. ..
- Rosa A, Atzeri A, Nieddu M, Appendino G. New insights into the antioxidant activity and cytotoxicity of arzanol and effect of methylation on its biological properties. Chem Phys Lipids. 2017;205:55-64 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results qualify Arz as a lead structure for further in vivo investigation of its pharmacological potential. ..
- Rosa A, Scano P, Atzeri A, Deiana M, Falchi A. Potential anti-tumor effects of Mugil cephalus processed roe extracts on colon cancer cells. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013;60:471-8 pubmed publisher..The results showed interesting anti-tumor properties of bottarga lipids, and qualify this fish product as a food with nutraceutical properties and potential benefits in colon cancer prevention. ..
- Rosa A, Melis M, Deiana M, Atzeri A, Appendino G, Corona G, et al. Protective effect of the oligomeric acylphloroglucinols from Myrtus communis on cholesterol and human low density lipoprotein oxidation. Chem Phys Lipids. 2008;155:16-23 pubmed publisher....
- Rosa A, Rescigno A, Piras A, Atzeri A, Scano P, Porcedda S, et al. Chemical composition and effect on intestinal Caco-2 cell viability and lipid profile of fixed oil from Cynomorium coccineum L. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012;50:3799-807 pubmed publisher..The results showed remarkable biological activity of Maltese mushroom oil, and qualify it as a potential resource for food/pharmaceutical applications...