Affiliation: University of Chieti
- Cianci E, Recchiuti A, Trubiani O, Diomede F, Marchisio M, Miscia S, et al. Human Periodontal Stem Cells Release Specialized Proresolving Mediators and Carry Immunomodulatory and Prohealing Properties Regulated by Lipoxins. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2016;5:20-32 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the data may represent a more general template to explain the immunomodulatory functions of stem cells. ..
- Simiele F, Recchiuti A, Patruno S, Plebani R, Pierdomenico A, Codagnone M, et al. Epigenetic regulation of the formyl peptide receptor 2 gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1859:1252-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results uncover unappreciated epigenetic regulation of ALX/FPR2 expression that can be exploited for innovative approaches to inflammatory disorders. ..
- Cianci E, Trubiani O, Diomede F, Merciaro I, Meschini I, Bruni P, et al. Immobilization and delivery of biologically active Lipoxin A4 using electrospinning technology. Int J Pharm. 2016;515:254-261 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate for the first time that LXA4 can be incorporated into biomembranes, which may be useful to combat local inflammation and promote tissue repair in selected clinical settings. ..
- Codagnone M, Recchiuti A, Lanuti P, Pierdomenico A, Cianci E, Patruno S, et al. Lipoxin A4 stimulates endothelial miR-126-5p expression and its transfer via microvesicles. FASEB J. 2017;31:1856-1866 pubmed publisher..Lanuti, P., Pierdomenico, A. M., Cianci, E., Patruno, S., Mari, V. C., Simiele, F., Di Tomo, P., Pandolfi, A., Romano, M. Lipoxin A4 stimulates endothelial miR-126-5p expression and its transfer via microvesicles. ..
- Pierdomenico A, Recchiuti A, Simiele F, Codagnone M, Mari V, Davi G, et al. MicroRNA-181b regulates ALX/FPR2 receptor expression and proresolution signaling in human macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:3592-600 pubmed publisher..These results unravel novel regulatory mechanisms of ALX/FPR2 expression and ligand-evoked macrophages proresolution responses mediated by miR-181b, thus uncovering novel components of the endogenous inflammation resolution circuits. ..
- Totani L, Plebani R, Piccoli A, Di Silvestre S, Lanuti P, Recchiuti A, et al. Mechanisms of endothelial cell dysfunction in cystic fibrosis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2017;1863:3243-3253 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings open avenues for novel pharmacology to control endothelial dysfunction and its consequences in CF. ..
- Pierdomenico A, Patruno S, Codagnone M, Simiele F, Mari V, Plebani R, et al. microRNA-181b is increased in cystic fibrosis cells and impairs lipoxin A4 receptor-dependent mechanisms of inflammation resolution and antimicrobial defense. Sci Rep. 2017;7:13519 pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting miR-181b may represent a strategy to enhance anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial defense mechanisms in CF. ..