Affiliation: University of Rome La Sapienza
- The use of core needle biopsy as first-line in diagnosis of thyroid nodules reduces false negative and inconclusive data reported by fine-needle aspirationPierpaolo Trimboli
Department of Surgical and Medical Sciences, Sapienza University, Ospedale S, Andrea, Rome, Italy
World J Surg Oncol 12:61. 2014....
- Erectile dysfunction in aging maleFrancesco Romanelli
Department of Medical Pathophysiology, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Acta Biomed 81:89-94. 2010..These therapies are effective in the elderly, with no increase in the frequency of adverse events, and might also help in providing relief from lower urinary tract symptoms...
- The laboratory assessment of partial androgen deficiency of the aging maleF Romanelli
Department of Medical Physiopatology, Division of Endocrinology and Andrology, University La Sapienza, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 28:39-42. 2005....
- Sperm tail agenesis in a case of consanguinityMaurizio Latini
Department of Medical Pysiopathology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Fertil Steril 81:1688-91. 2004..To report a case of 100% teratozoospermia in a patient whose family history presented a high degree of consanguinity...
- Endocrine evaluation of erectile dysfunctionAndrea Sansone
Section of Medical Pathophysiology, Food Science and Endocrinology, Department of Experimental Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome, Viale Regina Elena, 324, 00161, Rome, Italy
Endocrine 46:423-30. 2014....
- Do non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs influence the steroid hormone milieu in male athletes?L Di Luigi
Unit of Endocrinology, Department of Health Sciences, University of Rome IUSM, Rome, Italy
Int J Sports Med 28:809-14. 2007..Due to the observed variability of the individual hormonal patterns, further research is required to substantiate these findings...
- Salivary steroids at rest and after a training load in young male athletes: relationship with chronological age and pubertal developmentL Di Luigi
Unit of Endocrinology, Department of Health Sciences, Istituto Universitario di Scienze Motorie IUSM, Piazza Lauro de Bosis 15, 00194 Rome, Italy
Int J Sports Med 27:709-17. 2006..Our data suggest the need for different criteria in exercise prescription and selection of young athletes and in the evaluation of stress reactivity at puberty...
- Gonadal function changes in healthy, aging menM Latini
Division of Andrology, Department of Medical Pathophysiology, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 25:89-90. 2002
- Physical stress and qualitative gonadotropin secretion: LH biological activity at rest and after exercise in trained and untrained menL Di Luigi
Unit of Endocrinology, University Institute of Motor Sciences I U S M, Rome, Italy
Int J Sports Med 23:307-12. 2002..1 vs 5.96 +/- 1.6 ng/ml and 24.3 +/- 4.8 vs 29.7 +/- 5.2 pg/ml respectively, p < 0.05). Semen parameters showed no difference. The B/I LH ratio could be a "marker" of altered LHRH secretion due to an exercise-linked adaptive condition...
- Physical activity as a possible aggravating factor for athletes with varicocele: impact on the semen profileL Di Luigi
Unit of Endocrinology, Laboratory of Endocrine Research, University Institute of Motor Sciences (IUSM, Italy
Hum Reprod 16:1180-4. 2001....