Affiliation: University of Turin
- Riganti C, Castella B, Kopecka J, Campia I, Coscia M, Pescarmona G, et al. Zoledronic acid restores doxorubicin chemosensitivity and immunogenic cell death in multidrug-resistant human cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60975 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that MDR+ cells have an hyper-active mevalonate pathway which is targetable with zoledronic acid to antagonize their ability to withstand chemotherapy-induced cytotoxicity and escape immunogenic cell death. ..
- Buondonno I, Gazzano E, Jean S, Audrito V, Kopecka J, Fanelli M, et al. Mitochondria-Targeted Doxorubicin: A New Therapeutic Strategy against Doxorubicin-Resistant Osteosarcoma. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016;15:2640-2652 pubmed..Mol Cancer Ther; 15(11); 2640-52. Â©2016 AACR. ..
- Salaroglio I, Panada E, Moiso E, Buondonno I, Provero P, Rubinstein M, et al. PERK induces resistance to cell death elicited by endoplasmic reticulum stress and chemotherapy. Mol Cancer. 2017;16:91 pubmed publisher..The PERK/Nrf2/MRP1 axis is responsible for the resistance to ER stress and chemotherapy, and may represent a good therapeutic target in aggressive and resistant tumors. ..
- Gazzano E, Chegaev K, Rolando B, Blangetti M, Annaratone L, Ghigo D, et al. Overcoming multidrug resistance by targeting mitochondria with NO-donating doxorubicins. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:967-75 pubmed publisher..Only compounds with high mitochondria retention (due to nitration of mitochondrial efflux transporter) exert high cytotoxicity, through the activation of a mitochondrial-dependent apoptosis. ..
- Pinzón Daza M, Campia I, Kopecka J, Garzón R, Ghigo D, Riganti C. Nanoparticle- and liposome-carried drugs: new strategies for active targeting and drug delivery across blood-brain barrier. Curr Drug Metab. 2013;14:625-40 pubmed
- Riganti C, Pinto H, Bolli E, Belisario D, Calogero R, Bosia A, et al. Atorvastatin modulates anti-proliferative and pro-proliferative signals in Her2/neu-positive mammary cancer. Biochem Pharmacol. 2011;82:1079-89 pubmed publisher..The latter event dissipates the antitumor efficacy that may arise from the former one. Only the association of statins and NF-?B-targeted therapies efficiently decreased proliferation of tumor cells. ..