Affiliation: University of Florence
- Alemtuzumab (Campath-1H) and CHOP chemotherapy as first-line treatment of peripheral T-cell lymphoma: results of a GITIL (Gruppo Italiano Terapie Innovative nei Linfomi) prospective multicenter trialAndrea Gallamini
Hematology Department, Ospedale Santa Croce, Cuneo, Italy
Blood 110:2316-23. 2007..This clinical trial was registered with the Osservatorio Nazionale sulla Sperimentazione cinica as ID no. 141202...
- Can (18)F-FDG PET after first cycle chemotherapy predict the efficacy of therapy in Hodgkin's disease?Luigi Rigacci
Hematology Department, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi and Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Florence, Italy
Haematologica 87:ELT24. 2002
- PET scan evaluation of thymic mass after autologous peripheral blood stem-cell transplantation in an adult with non-Hodgkin's lymphomaFrancesca Pagliai
Haematology Department of Florence, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi, Universita degli Studi, Policlinico Careggi Viale Pieraccini, 85, 50132 Florence, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 44:2015-8. 2003..This is the first case of benign thymic hyperplasia defined with FDG-PET and confirmed by histologic evaluation...
- Dose-dense CHOP plus rituximab (R-CHOP14) for the treatment of elderly patients with high-risk diffuse large B cell lymphoma: a pilot studyLuigi Rigacci
Department of Hematology, Careggi Hospital, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Acta Haematol 115:22-7. 2006..Therefore, we have treated elderly patients with a dose-intensified protocol. Aim of the study was to verify the feasibility of this scheme in a subset of patients with high-risk aggressive lymphomas...
- The predictive value of positron emission tomography scanning performed after two courses of standard therapy on treatment outcome in advanced stage Hodgkin's diseaseAndrea Gallamini
SC Ematologia Azienda, Ospedaliera S Croce e Carle, Cuneo, Italy
Haematologica 91:475-81. 2006....
- Positron emission tomography in the staging of patients with Hodgkin's lymphoma. A prospective multicentric study by the Intergruppo Italiano LinfomiLuigi Rigacci
Hematology and Nuclear Medicine, Careggi Hospital and University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Ann Hematol 86:897-903. 2007....
- Liposome-encapsulated doxorubicin in combination with cyclophosphamide, vincristine, prednisone and rituximab in patients with lymphoma and concurrent cardiac diseases or pre-treated with anthracyclinesLuigi Rigacci
Department of Hematology, Careggi Hospital and University of Florence, Italy
Hematol Oncol 25:198-203. 2007....
- Rituximab and chlorambucil as first-line treatment for low-grade ocular adnexal lymphomasLuigi Rigacci
Department of Hematology, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Viale Morgagni 85, 50134, Florence, Italy
Ann Hematol 86:565-8. 2007..Rituximab in combination with chlorambucil proved to be a feasible option as first-line treatment for OALs because of its feasibility and the absence of toxicity and local sequelae...
- Oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy (dexamethasone, high-dose cytarabine, and oxaliplatin)±rituximab is an effective salvage regimen in patients with relapsed or refractory lymphomaLuigi Rigacci
Department of Hematology, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Florence, Italy
Cancer 116:4573-9. 2010....
- Combined chemotherapy with carmustine, doxorubicin, etoposide, vincristine, and cyclophosphamide plus mitoxantrone, cytarabine and methotrexate with citrovorum factor for the treatment of aggressive non-Hodgkin lymphoma: a long-term follow-up studyLuigi Rigacci
Department of Hematology, Careggi Hospital and University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Cancer 103:970-7. 2005..The objective of the current study was to explore, after a long follow-up period, the impact of this third-generation regimen for the treatment of aggressive NHL...
- 18FDG-positron emission tomography in post treatment evaluation of residual mass in Hodgkin's lymphoma: long-term resultsLuigi Rigacci
Haematology Department, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi and University of Florence, Viale Pieraccini 17, 50134 Florence, Italy
Oncol Rep 14:1209-14. 2005....
- Treatment of large cell lymphoma in elderly patients with a mitoxantrone, cyclophosphamide, etoposide, and prednisone regimen: long-term follow-up resultsLuigi Rigacci
Hematology Department, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi University of Florence, Viale G B Morgagni 85, 50134 Florence, Italy
Cancer 97:97-104. 2003..Thus, age represents a fundamental prognostic factor that has a profound influence on both therapeutic decisions and patient outcome...
- Safety and efficacy of rituximab in patients with hepatitis C virus-related mixed cryoglobulinemia and severe liver diseaseAntonio Petrarca
Center for Systemic Manifestations of Hepatitis Viruses MASVE, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Blood 116:335-42. 2010..Moreover, the depletion of CD20(+) B cells was also followed by cirrhosis syndrome improvement despite the possibility of transient increases of viremia titers...
- Single dose palonosetron and dexamethasone in preventing nausea and vomiting induced by high emetogenic ABVD regimen in Hodgkin Lymphoma patientsLuigi Rigacci
Haematology Department, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Largo Brambilla, 3 50139 Firenze, Italy
Leuk Res 36:182-5. 2012..6% patients. In conclusion our study demonstrated that a single dose of palonosetron plus a single dose of dexamethasone was effective in preventing CINV in patients treated with ABVD regimen...
- Early interim 2-[18F]fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography is prognostically superior to international prognostic score in advanced-stage Hodgkin's lymphoma: a report from a joint Italian-Danish studyAndrea Gallamini
Department of Hematology, Azienda Ospedaliera S Croce e Carle, Cuneo, Italy
J Clin Oncol 25:3746-52. 2007....
- Rituximab and subcutaneous 2-chloro-2'-deoxyadenosine combination treatment for patients with Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia: clinical and biologic results of a phase II multicenter studyDaniele Laszlo
Department of Hematology, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141 Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 28:2233-8. 2010....
- Evidence for reduced angiogenesis in bone marrow in SSc: immunohistochemistry and multiparametric computerized imaging analysisValentina Carrai
Department of Haematology, Careggi Hospital, Largo Brambilla 3, Florence, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 51:1042-8. 2012..The aim of this study is to evaluate, in SSc BM, angiogenesis, cellular immune system and fibrosis...
- The role of anthracyclines in combination chemotherapy for the treatment of follicular lymphoma: retrospective study of the Intergruppo Italiano Linfomi on 761 casesLuigi Rigacci
Cattedra e Divisione di Ematologia, Universita di Firenze, Firenze, Italia
Leuk Lymphoma 44:1911-7. 2003..On the basis of these results anthracycline-containing regimens (ACR) should be considered as the standard treatment of patients with advanced follicular lymphoma...
- Bendamustine with or without rituximab for the treatment of heavily pretreated non-Hodgkin's lymphoma patients : A multicenter retrospective study on behalf of the Italian Lymphoma Foundation (FIL)Luigi Rigacci
SOD Ematologia, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Florence, Italy
Ann Hematol 91:1013-22. 2012..In summary, this retrospective study shows that treatment with bendamustine alone or in combination with rituximab is a safe and effective regimen in a subset of multi-resistant patients...
- Patients with ≥ 20 × 10(9)/l platelets at baseline may have a prompt response to romiplostim during the early phase of treatment: an italian single-institution experienceSimone Baldini
University of Florence, Hematology Unit, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Florence, Italy
Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis 4:e2012044. 2012....
- Improvement in liver cirrhosis after treatment of HCV-related mixed cryoglobulinemia with rituximabAntonio Petrarca
Department of Internal Medicine, Center for the Study of Systemic Manifestations of Hepatitis Viruses MaSVE, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 39:S129-33. 2007..Interesting working hypotheses may implicate a role played by B-cell infiltrates in conditioning liver damage. The improvement of Kupffer cell function due to the cryocrit value reduction might also play a role...
- Drug-specific Th2 cells and IgE antibodies in a patient with anaphylaxis to rituximabAlessandra Vultaggio
Immunoallergology Unit, Department of Biomedicine, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Florence, Italy vultaggioa aou careggi toscana it
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 159:321-6. 2012..Our results show the presence of RTX-specific Th2-type cells and IgE antibodies, thus suggesting that type I hypersensitivity may be an additional mechanism to CRS in the development of RTX reactions...
- Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in patients with diffuse large B cell lymphoma relapsed after autologous stem cell transplantation: a GITMO studyLuigi Rigacci
Division of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Careggi, Florence, Italy
Ann Hematol 91:931-9. 2012..Moreover, the only parameter affecting either OS or PFS was the response status at the time of allo-SCT...
- Molecular cytogenetic findings in a four-way t(1;12;5;12)(p36;p13;q33;q24) underlying the ETV6-PDGFRB fusion gene in chronic myelomonocytic leukemiaBarbara Crescenzi
Department of Hematology, University of Perugia, IBiT Foundation Fondazione IRCCS Biotecnologie nel Trapianto, Via Brunamonti 51, 06122 Perugia, Italy
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 176:67-71. 2007..Assessment of cell lineages harboring the genomic lesion may contribute in the understanding of leukemogenic pathways...
- Multispectral imaging autofluorescence microscopy in colonic and gastric cancer metastatic lymph nodesDesiree Pantalone
Department of Critical Medicine and Surgery, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:230-6. 2007..We propose the application of autofluorescence (AF)-based techniques for lymph node evaluation in colorectal and gastric tumors...
- Quantitative PCR of bone marrow BCL2/IgH+ cells at diagnosis predicts treatment response and long-term outcome in follicular non-Hodgkin lymphomaAlessandro Rambaldi
Divisione di Ematologia, Ospedali Riuniti Largo Barozzi 1, 24100, Bergamo, Italy
Blood 105:3428-33. 2005..006). RQ-PCR performed at presentation on BM samples predicts treatment response and long-term clinical outcome in patients with follicular lymphoma...
- Dose-dense R-CHOP-14 supported by pegfilgrastim in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: a phase II study of feasibility and toxicityErcole Brusamolino
Division of Hematology, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, Italy
Haematologica 91:496-502. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility and toxicity of CHOP-14, with rituximab (R-CHOP-14), supported by pegfilgrastim, in untreated diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL)...
- Fludarabine and mitoxantrone followed by yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan in previously untreated patients with follicular non-Hodgkin lymphoma trial: a phase II non-randomised trial (FLUMIZ)Pier Luigi Zinzani
Institute of Haematology and Medical Oncology L and A Seragnoli, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Lancet Oncol 9:352-8. 2008....
- Peripheral T-cell lymphoma unspecified (PTCL-U): a new prognostic model from a retrospective multicentric clinical studyAndrea Gallamini
Struttura Complessa Ematologia Azienda Ospedaliera S Croce e Carle, Cuneo, Italy
Blood 103:2474-9. 2004..9% and 38.8%, respectively; group 3, 2 factors, with 5-year and 10-year OS of 32.9% and 18.0%, respectively; group 4, 3 or 4 factors, with a 5-year and 10-year OS of 18.3 and 12.6%, respectively (P< or =.0001; log-rank, 66.79)...