Affiliation: University of Udine
- Diagnostic accuracy of perforated compression grid approach for mammographically guided core needle biopsy of breast lesionsF Puglisi
Policlinico Universitario, University of Udine, Italy
Cancer Lett 146:181-8. 1999....
- Combined analysis of MIB-1 and thyroid transcription factor-1 predicts survival in non-small cell lung carcinomasF Puglisi
Department of Clinical Oncology, University of Udine, Piazzale SM Misericordia, 33100, Udine, Italy
Cancer Lett 162:97-103. 2001..002), MIB-1 (P=0.01) and pStage (P=0.04). Accordingly, analysing TTF-1 and MIB-1 together, a better prediction of survival was obtained (P=0.02), with the poorest prognosis for the 'TTF-1++/MIB-1+' cases...
- Telepathology using Internet multimedia electronic mail: remote consultation on gastrointestinal pathologyV Della Mea
Department of Anatomic Pathology, University of Udine, Italy
J Telemed Telecare 2:28-34. 1996..79). In 11 cases (15%) there was a misdiagnosis. However, the results are encouraging and suggest that Internet electronic mail can be used successfully for remote consultation in pathology...
- Image-guided core breast biopsy: a suitable method for preoperative biological characterization of small (pT1) breast carcinomasF Puglisi
Department of Medical and Morphological Research, School of Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Udine, Italy
Cancer Lett 133:223-9. 1998..This study showed that image-guided core biopsy is a suitable method that can be used to reveal some characteristics of the tumor biology in a preoperative stage...
- Expression of Pax-8, p53 and bcl-2 in human benign and malignant thyroid diseasesF Puglisi
Institute of Clinical Oncology, University of Udine, Italy
Anticancer Res 20:311-6. 2000..Immunohistochemical expression of the transcription factor Pax-8 in human thyroid diseases has never been investigated. The relationship between Pax-8, bcl-2 and p53 in thyroid neoplasms is also matter of interest...
- Prognostic significance of Ape1/ref-1 subcellular localization in non-small cell lung carcinomasF Puglisi
University of Udine, Italy
Anticancer Res 21:4041-9. 2001..To evaluate the prognostic value of the DNA repair/redox-protein Ape1/ref-1 in a retrospective series of consecutive non-small cell lung carcinomas (NSCLC)...
- Expert pathology consultation through the Internet: melanoma versus benign melanocytic tumoursV Della Mea
Department of Pathology, University of Udine, Italy
J Telemed Telecare 3:17-9. 1997..002). This preliminary study suggest that telepathology by internet electronic mail can be a valuable tool for remote consultation in dematopathology, as well as for other diagnostic fields where expert consultation is necessary...
- Expression of periostin in human breast cancerF Puglisi
Dipartimento di Oncologia, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Udine, Italy
J Clin Pathol 61:494-8. 2008..Periostin is a secreted adhesion protein, normally expressed in mesenchime-derived cells. Aberrant expression of the periostin gene in epithelial tumours seems to play a role in angiogenesis and metastases...
- Stereotactic vacuum-assisted breast biopsy: results, follow-up and correlation with radiological suspicionC Zuiani
Istituto di Radiologia, Universita Degli Studi di Udine, Via Colugna 50, I 33100, Udine, Italy
Radiol Med 112:304-17. 2007..The purpose of this study was to assess the accuracy and clinical usefulness of stereotactic vacuum-assisted biopsy (VAB) for diagnosing suspicious, nonpalpable, only mammographically detectable breast lesions...
- Sonographic criteria for differentiation of benign and malignant solid breast lesions: size is of valueC del Frate
Istituto di Radiologia, Policlinico Universitario di Udine, Via Colugna 50, I 33100, Udine, Italy
Radiol Med 111:783-96. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether lesion size may influence the value of sonographic findings in the differential diagnosis between benign or malignant breast lesions...
- Baseline staging tests after a new diagnosis of breast cancer: further evidence of their limited indicationsF Puglisi
Breast Unit and Clinical Oncology, University of Udine, Piazzale SM Misericordia, 33100 Udine, Italy
Ann Oncol 16:263-6. 2005..However, in the absence of symptomatic disease, the usefulness of this routine diagnostic work-up is not evidence-based...
- Thymidine phosphorylase expression is associated with time to progression in patients receiving low-dose, docetaxel-modulated capecitabine for metastatic breast cancerF Puglisi
Department of Clinical Oncology, University Hospital of Udine, Piazzale S M Misericordia, 33100 Udine, Italy
Ann Oncol 19:1541-6. 2008..Furthermore, we explored the relationship between TP tumor expression and benefit from this regimen...
- The Italian Group for LAP-BAND: predictive value of initial body mass index for weight loss after 5 years of follow-upL Angrisani
Italian Group for LAP BAND GILB, c o Fondazione Istituto per la Diffusione e la valorizzazione della cultura Scientifica, Città della Scienza, 156 via Coroglio, Naples, 80124, Italy
Surg Endosc 18:1524-7. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the 5 years stage of obesity results for weight loss in patients with varying preoperative ranges of body mass index (BMI)...
- Multicenter phase II study of trastuzumab in combination with epirubicin and docetaxel as first-line treatment for HER2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancerM Venturini
Division of Medical Oncology, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 95:45-53. 2006..7 months (95% CI, 11.6-19.0 months). In light of the cardiotoxicity experienced during this study, we currently recommend that this combination be used only in controlled clinical trials under vigilant cardiac monitoring...
- [Papillary lesions of the breast: diagnostic imaging and contribution of percutaneous needle biopsy with 14G needle]M Bazzocchi
Istituto di Radiologia, , Udine, Italy
Radiol Med 101:424-31. 2001..The framing of benign and malignant PLB with imaging and core-biopsy was useful because the frequent association of benign PLB with concurrent or subsequent breast carcinoma suggests surgical excision and radiological follow-up...
- Premenopausal endocrine-responsive early breast cancer: who receives chemotherapy?M M Regan
IBCSG Statistical Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Oncol 19:1231-41. 2008..PERCHE closed with inadequate accrual; TEXT accrued rapidly...
- Phase II study of a triplet regimen in advanced colorectal cancer using methotrexate, oxaliplatin and 5-fluorouracilA Guglielmi
Medical Oncology, Ospedale San Martino, Genova, Italy
Br J Cancer 91:1428-33. 2004..Pros and cons of the different fluoropyrimidines-l-OHP combinations are discussed...