Affiliation: University of Milan
- Esposito S, Terranova L, Zampiero A, Ierardi V, Rios W, Pelucchi C, et al. Oropharyngeal and nasal Staphylococcus aureus carriage by healthy children. BMC Infect Dis. 2014;14:723 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the importance of adding throat to nasal screening when monitoring the circulation of S. aureus in the community. ..
- Lelii M, Principi N, Esposito S. Transient symptomatic hyperglycaemia secondary to inhaled fluticasone propionate in a young child. BMC Pulm Med. 2016;16:9 pubmed publisher....
- Patria M, Longhi B, Lelii M, Tagliabue C, Lavelli M, Galeone C, et al. Children with recurrent pneumonia and non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis. Ital J Pediatr. 2016;42:13 pubmed publisher..13). Reduced FEV1 and FEF25-75 values seem associated with an increased risk of developing non-CF BE in children with RP. This suggests a need for further studies to confirm the diagnostic usefulness use of spirometry in such cases. ..
- Principi N, Esposito S. Nasal Irrigation: An Imprecisely Defined Medical Procedure. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..This seems particularly important for children that suffer a great number of sinonasal problems and might benefit significantly from an inexpensive and simple preventive and therapeutic measure such as NI. ..
- Principi N, Esposito S. Infectious Discitis and Spondylodiscitis in Children. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:539 pubmed publisher..the appropriate choice of drug is critical to achieve cure. ..
- Principi N, Esposito S. Biomarkers in Pediatric Community-Acquired Pneumonia. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..However, further studies are needed before the routine use of those presently in development can be recommended. ..
- Principi N, Esposito S. Prevention of Community-Acquired Pneumonia with Available Pneumococcal Vaccines. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;18: pubmed publisher..Protein-based pneumococcal vaccines might be a possible solution to this problem. ..
- Esposito S, Terranova L, Patria M, Marseglia G, Miraglia del Giudice M, Bodini A, et al. Streptococcus pneumoniae colonisation in children and adolescents with asthma: impact of the heptavalent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and evaluation of potential effect of thirteen-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine. BMC Infect Dis. 2016;16:12 pubmed publisher....
- Esposito S, Guez S, Orenti A, Tadini G, Scuvera G, Corti L, et al. Autoimmunity and Cytokine Imbalance in Inherited Epidermolysis Bullosa. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher....
- Esposito S, Scala A, Bianchini S, Zampiero A, Fossali E, Principi N. Identification of Human Adenovirus in Respiratory Samples with Luminex Respiratory Virus Panel Fast V2 Assay and Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:297 pubmed publisher..49). The RVP Fast v2 assay has important limitations for the detection of hAdv and cannot be used to evaluate whether hAdvs are the main etiologic agent responsible for an outbreak or when epidemiological studies are performed. ..
- Pacitto A, Paglino A, di Genova L, Leonardi A, Farinelli E, Principi N, et al. Celiac Disease Presenting with Peripheral Neuropathy in Children: A Case Report. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..A good knowledge of the extra-intestinal manifestations of CD is essential for the rapid introduction of a gluten-free diet that could be useful for the resolution of the neurological symptoms. ..
- Miconi F, Savarese E, Miconi G, Cabiati G, Rapaccini V, Principi N, et al. Unusual Onset of Celiac Disease and Addison's Disease in a 12-Year-Old Boy. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..This case highlights that CD can be associated with AD in children, and a gluten-free diet seems to positively influence the course of AD. ..
- Toni G, Berioli M, Cerquiglini L, Ceccarini G, Grohmann U, Principi N, et al. Eating Disorders and Disordered Eating Symptoms in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes. Nutrients. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..To ensure the best care for adolescents with T1D, diabetes teams should be multidisciplinary and include a pediatric diabetologist, a skilled nurse, a dietician, and a psychologist. ..
- Lelii M, Patria M, Pinzani R, Tenconi R, Mori A, Bonelli N, et al. Role of High-Resolution Chest Computed Tomography in a Child with Persistent Tachypnoea and Intercostal Retractions: A Case Report of Neuroendocrine Cell Hyperplasia. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..Other more invasive and more expensive investigations should be reserved for selected cases that do not show a spontaneous, favourable clinical evolution. ..
- Patria M, Ghislanzoni S, Macchini F, Lelii M, Mori A, Leva E, et al. Respiratory Morbidity in Children with Repaired Congenital Esophageal Atresia with or without Tracheoesophageal Fistula. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..To obtain a successful outcome, it is fundamental to ensure a standardized follow-up that must continue until adulthood. ..
- Mencarelli A, Prontera P, Stangoni G, Mencaroni E, Principi N, Esposito S. Epileptogenic Brain Malformations and Mutations in Tubulin Genes: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..This peculiar neuroradiological pattern, in combination with the usually severe clinical presentation, suggests the need for future molecular studies to address the mechanisms of TUBA1A mutation-induced neuropathology. ..
- Leonardi A, Penta L, Cofini M, Lanciotti L, Principi N, Esposito S. Pericardial Effusion as a Presenting Symptom of Hashimoto Thyroiditis: A Case Report. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher....