Affiliation: University of Siena
- A case of primary botryoid conjunctival rhabdomyosarcomaEnnio Polito
Department of Ophthalmology and Neurosurgery, University of Siena, via A De Gasperi 3, Sienna, Italy
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:517-9. 2006..Rhabdomyosarcoma is the most common childhood primary orbital malignancy, but the occurrence of this tumour in the conjunctiva is rare...
- Orbital teratoma masquerading as lymphangiomaEnnio Polito
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Siena, Italy
J AAPOS 15:381-3. 2011..We report a case of an orbital teratoma masquerading as a lymphangioma in 6-month-old girl. The lesion was entirely excised using a transconjunctival approach with good cosmetic and functional results...
- Preoperative diagnosis of orbital cavernous hemangioma: a 99mTc-RBC SPECT studyLuca Burroni
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Siena, Santa Maria alle Scotte Hospital, Siena, Italy
Clin Nucl Med 37:1041-6. 2012..This study aimed to describe 99mTc-labeled RBC scintigraphy as a diagnostic method for orbital cavernous hemangiomas and to evaluate this diagnostic tool according to surgical outcomes...
- Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the orbitEnnio Polito
Department of Ophthalmology and Neurosurgery, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Ophthalmologica 221:353-5. 2007..No tumor recurrence was evident during 28-month follow-up. The authors discuss histopathological and immunohistochemical characteristics and review the literature of orbital IMT...
- Technetium tc 99m-labeled red blood cells in the preoperative diagnosis of cavernous hemangioma and other vascular orbital tumorsEnnio Polito
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Arch Ophthalmol 123:1678-83. 2005..To evaluate technetium Tc 99m (99mTc) red blood cell scintigraphy as a diagnostic tool for orbital cavernous hemangioma and to differentiate between orbital masses on the basis of their vascularization...
- In vivo confocal microscopy in a patient with conjunctival lymphomaPatrizia Pichierri
Ophthalmology and Neurosurgery Department, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 36:67-9. 2008..IVCM enabled non-invasive evaluation of the eye surface at high magnification and with good contrast, and could be useful for early differential diagnosis of conjunctival lesions...
- Carotid cavernous fistula in a patient with Graves' ophthalmopathyFausto Loré
Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, University of Siena, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:3487-90. 2003..This prompted a reconsideration of the diagnosis and a new evaluation of the patient with sensitive techniques, leading to the further diagnosis of carotid cavernous fistula...
- Orbital solitary fibrous tumor with aggressive behaviorThree cases and review of the literatureEnnio Polito
Department of Ophthalmology and Neurosurgery, University of Siena, Via delle Scotte, 6, Italy
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 240:570-4. 2002..Solitary fibrous tumor (SFT) is a rare spindle cell tumor that arises most often in the visceral pleura; however, a review of the literature shows at least 31 cases occurring in the orbit...
- Rituximab in primary conjunctiva lymphomaPier Luigi Zinzani
Institute of Hematology and Medical Oncology Seragnoli, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Leuk Res 29:107-8. 2005..Our experience with a patient with a primary conjunctiva lymphoma who was treated with conventional dose of rituximab obtaining a complete response without acute and late local toxicity for the eye...
- Rituximab and chlorambucil as first-line treatment for low-grade ocular adnexal lymphomasLuigi Rigacci
Department of Hematology, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Viale Morgagni 85, 50134, Florence, Italy
Ann Hematol 86:565-8. 2007..Rituximab in combination with chlorambucil proved to be a feasible option as first-line treatment for OALs because of its feasibility and the absence of toxicity and local sequelae...