Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Rome Tor Vergata
- Pisani A, Martella G, Tscherter A, Bonsi P, Sharma N, Bernardi G, et al. Altered responses to dopaminergic D2 receptor activation and N-type calcium currents in striatal cholinergic interneurons in a mouse model of DYT1 dystonia. Neurobiol Dis. 2006;24:318-25 pubmed..Our data support the existence of an imbalance between striatal dopaminergic and cholinergic signaling in DYT1 dystonia...
- Martella G, Maltese M, Nistico R, Schirinzi T, Madeo G, Sciamanna G, et al. Regional specificity of synaptic plasticity deficits in a knock-in mouse model of DYT1 dystonia. Neurobiol Dis. 2014;65:124-32 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence for a regional specificity of the electrophysiological abnormalities observed and demonstrate the reproducibility of such alterations in distinct models of DYT1 dystonia. ..
- Sciamanna G, Napolitano F, Pelosi B, Bonsi P, Vitucci D, Nuzzo T, et al. Rhes regulates dopamine D2 receptor transmission in striatal cholinergic interneurons. Neurobiol Dis. 2015;78:146-61 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that, besides its expression in MSNs, Rhes is localized also in striatal ChIs and, most importantly, lack of this G-protein, significantly alters D2R modulation of striatal cholinergic excitability. ..
- Imbriani P, Sciamanna G, Santoro M, Schirinzi T, Pisani A. Promising rodent models in Parkinson's disease. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2018;46 Suppl 1:S10-S14 pubmed publisher..The development and characterization of new models is crucial for a better understanding of PD related-synaptopathy, and hold promise for the identification of novel therapeutics. ..
- Maltese M, Martella G, Imbriani P, Schuermans J, Billion K, Sciamanna G, et al. Abnormal striatal plasticity in a DYT11/SGCE myoclonus dystonia mouse model is reversed by adenosine A2A receptor inhibition. Neurobiol Dis. 2017;108:128-139 pubmed publisher..Further, the positive effect of A2AR antagonists indicates that this drug class be tested in DYT11/SGCE dystonia. ..