Affiliation: University of Bologna
- [Low back pain among video-terminal workers: ergonomic postural interventions]P Pillastrini
Unita Operativa di Medicina del Lavoro, Ospedale S Orsola, Universita di Bologna, Bologna
Med Lav 100:16-9. 2009..Several studies report a high prevalence of low back pain (LBP) among video-terminal (VDT) workers. Targeted ergonomic interventions can help reduce the burden...
- Using PubMed Search Strings for Efficient Retrieval of Manual Therapy Research LiteraturePaolo Pillastrini
Associate Professor, Department of Biomedical and Neuromotor Sciences, University of Bologna, Italy Electronic address
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 38:159-66. 2015..The aim of this study was to construct PubMed search strings that could efficiently retrieve studies on manual therapy (MT), especially for time-constrained clinicians...
- The Italian version of the Physical Therapy Patient Satisfaction Questionnaire - [PTPSQ-I(15)]: psychometric properties in a sample of inpatientsCarla Vanti
Department of Biomedical and Neuromotor Sciences, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 15:135. 2014....
- An updated overview of clinical guidelines for chronic low back pain management in primary carePaolo Pillastrini
Occupational Medicine Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Nephrology, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Via P Palagi 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Joint Bone Spine 79:176-85. 2012..The aim of this study was to present and compare the most established evidence-based recommendations for the management of chronic nonspecific low back pain in primary care derived from current high-quality international guidelines...
- Evaluation of two preventive interventions for reducing musculoskeletal complaints in operators of video display terminalsPaolo Pillastrini
Department of Neurological Sciences, School of Physiotherapy, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Phys Ther 87:536-44. 2007....
- Evaluation of an occupational therapy program for patients with spinal cord injuryP Pillastrini
Department of Neurological Sciences, Occupational Medicine Unit, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, School of Physiotherapy, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Italy
Spinal Cord 46:78-81. 2008..Clinical controlled trial...
- Effectiveness of an ergonomic intervention on work-related posture and low back pain in video display terminal operators: a 3 year cross-over trialPaolo Pillastrini
Occupational Medicine Unit, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Via P Palagi 9, Bologna, Italy
Appl Ergon 41:436-43. 2010..The two groups were then crossed-over after 30 months from baseline. Follow-ups were repeated at 5, 12, and 30 months from baseline and then at 6 months following crossover...
- Relationship between interpretation and accuracy of the upper limb neurodynamic test 1 in carpal tunnel syndromeCarla Vanti
Lecturer Manual Therapy, Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Nephrology, Section of Occupational Medicine, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 35:54-63. 2012..This prospective diagnostic test study evaluated the relationship between interpretation criteria and accuracy of the Upper Limb Neurodynamic Test 1 (ULNT1) in the diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome...
- Effectiveness of a 'Global Postural Reeducation' program for persistent low back pain: a non-randomized controlled trialFrancesca Bonetti
Section of Occupational Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Nephrology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:285. 2010..3 and 6 months)...
- Effect of therapeutic exercise on pain and disability in the management of chronic nonspecific neck pain: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trialsLucia Bertozzi
School of Physical Therapy, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Phys Ther 93:1026-36. 2013..Given the prevalence of chronic nonspecific neck pain (CNSNP) internationally, attention has increasingly been paid in recent years to evaluating the efficacy of therapeutic exercise (TE) in the management of this condition...
- Italian version of the physical therapy patient satisfaction questionnaire: cross-cultural adaptation and psychometric propertiesCarla Vanti
Department of Biomedical and NeuroMotor Sciences DiBiNeM, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Phys Ther 93:911-22. 2013..Patient satisfaction is an important measure for evaluating interventions in health care. No patient satisfaction questionnaire for physical therapy treatment has been validated to date for use in an Italian outpatient population...
- Effectiveness of an at-work exercise program in the prevention and management of neck and low back complaints in nursery school teachersPaolo Pillastrini
Occupational Medicine Unit, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Ind Health 47:349-54. 2009..In conclusion an extension-oriented exercise program may be a useful strategy to prevent low back and neck complaints and to reduce consequent LBP functional disability among nursery school teachers...
- Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the Physical Therapy Outpatient Satisfaction Survey in an Italian musculoskeletal populationCarla Vanti
Department of Biomedical and Neuromotor Sciences DIBINEM Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Via Pelagio Palagi 9, Bologna 40138, Italy
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:125. 2013..The aim of this study was to translate, culturally adapt, and validate the Italian version of the Physical Therapy Outpatient Satisfaction Survey (PTOPS)...
- Upper Limb Neurodynamic Test 1 and symptoms reproduction in carpal tunnel syndrome. A validity studyCarla Vanti
School of Physiotherapy, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, via Tosarelli 144 40055 Castenaso, Bologna, Italy
Man Ther 16:258-63. 2011....
- Development of the Italian version of the Pain Stages of Change Questionnaire in patients with chronic low back pain: cross-cultural adaptation, confirmatory factor analysis, reliability and validityMarco Monticone
aPhysical Medicine and Rehabilitation Unit, Scientific Institute of Lissone, Institute of Care and Research, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS bNeuroengineering and Medical Robotics Laboratory, Department of Electronics, Information, and Bioengineering, Politecnico di Milano, Milan cDepartment of Biomedical Sciences, University of Padova, Padova dDepartment of Orthopaedics, University Hospital of Modena, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena eDepartment of Biomedical and Neuromotor Sciences DIBINEM, University of Bologna, Bologna fDepartment of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Int J Rehabil Res 37:205-11. 2014..113; 0.186). The PSOCQ was translated successfully into Italian, and proved to have a good factorial structure and psychometric properties that replicated the results of other versions. Its use is recommended for research purposes. ..
- The Upper Limb Neurodynamic Test 1: intra- and intertester reliability and the effect of several repetitions on pain and resistanceCarla Vanti
Manual Therapy Sciences, School of Physiotherapy, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 33:292-9. 2010....
- Validity of the straight-leg raise test for patients with sciatic pain with or without lumbar pain using magnetic resonance imaging results as a reference standardFrancesco Capra
Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 34:231-8. 2011..The relationship between diagnostic accuracy of this test, age classes, and grade of lumbar disk displacement was investigated...
- Effect of an exercise programme for the prevention of back and neck pain in poultry slaughterhouse workersLucia Bertozzi
University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Occup Ther Int 22:36-42. 2015..Pain decreased in the lumbar region, and there was an almost significant reduction in disability. Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Study of the effectiveness of bronchial clearance in subjects with upper spinal cord injuries: examination of a rehabilitation programme involving mechanical insufflation and exsufflationP Pillastrini
Department of Neurological Sciences, Rehabilitative Sciences S S D MED 48, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Spinal Cord 44:614-6. 2006..Randomized controlled trial...
- [The educational offer of masters in middle manager for the health professions]Paolo Pillastrini
Dipartimento di Scienze Neurologiche, Universita di Bologna
Prof Inferm 60:75-81. 2007....