S A Pileri
Affiliation: University of Bologna
- Indolent lymphoma: the pathologist's viewpointS A Pileri
Pathologic Anatomy and Unit of Haematopathology, Institute of Haematology and Clinical Oncology L and A Seràgnoli, Bologna University, Bologna, Italy
Ann Oncol 15:12-8. 2004..The recent identification of the IRTA gene family corresponding to IG-like receptors differentially expressed in B-cells might contribute to their better understanding...
- Primary follicular lymphoma of the testis in childhood: an entity with peculiar clinical and molecular characteristicsS A Pileri
Pathology and Clinical Units of the Institute of Haematology and Clinical Oncology L and A Seràgnoli, University of Bologna, Italy
J Clin Pathol 55:684-8. 2002..The aim of this study was to characterise a PPFLT arising in a 4 year old boy...
- Tumours of histiocytes and accessory dendritic cells: an immunohistochemical approach to classification from the International Lymphoma Study Group based on 61 casesS A Pileri
Service of Pathologic Anatomy and Hematopathology, Institute of Haematology and Clinical Oncology L e A Seràgnoli, Bologna University, Italy
Histopathology 41:1-29. 2002..This simplified scheme is practical for everyday diagnostic use and should provide a framework for additional investigation of these unusual neoplasms...
- Hodgkin's lymphoma: the pathologist's viewpointS A Pileri
Pathologic Anatomy and Haematopathology, Bologna University, Policlinico S Orsola, Via Massarenti 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
J Clin Pathol 55:162-76. 2002..Treatments adjusted to the pathobiological characteristics of the tumour in at risk patients have been proposed and are on the way to being applied...
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: one or more entities? Present controversies and possible tools for its subclassificationS A Pileri
Chair of Pathologic Anatomy and Lymphoma Unit, L and A Seràgnoli Institute of Haematology and Clinical Oncology, Bologna University, Via Massarenti 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Histopathology 41:482-509. 2002..The more recent acquisitions on the pathobiology of DLBCLs are reviewed in the light of the authors' experience, aiming to contribute to the existing debate on the topic...
- Myeloperoxidase expression by histiocytes in Kikuchi's and Kikuchi-like lymphadenopathyS A Pileri
Pathology and Clinical Units, Institute of Hematology and Clinical Oncology L and A Seràgnoli, Bologna University, Bologna, Italy
Am J Pathol 159:915-24. 2001....
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), anaplastic variant. report on a problematic case primarily arising in the stomachStefano Aldo Pileri
Pathologic Anatomy, Clinical and Pathology Lymphoma Units, Institute of Haematology and Clinical Oncology L and A Seràgnoli, Bologna University, Italy
Haematologica 87:ECR40. 2002
- The pathologist's view point. Part II --aggressive lymphomasS A Pileri
Service of Pathologic Anatomy and Hematopathology, Institute of Hematology and Oncology L and A Seragnoli, Bologna University, Policlinico S Orsola, Italy
Haematologica 85:1308-21. 2000..The authors focus on the key features of aggressive B- and T-cell lymphomas, aiming to contribute to the cross-talk between pathologists and clinicians...
- The pathologist's view point. Part I--indolent lymphomasS A Pileri
Service of Pathologic Anatomy and Haematopathology, Institute Hematology and Oncology L and A Seràgnoli, Bologna University, Policlinico S Orsola, Italy
Haematologica 85:1291-307. 2000..The authors focus on the key features of B-cell lymphomas with an indolent behavior, aiming to contribute to the cross-talk between pathologists and clinicians...
- Primary mediastinal B-cell lymphoma: high frequency of BCL-6 mutations and consistent expression of the transcription factors OCT-2, BOB.1, and PU.1 in the absence of immunoglobulinsStefano A Pileri
Istituto di Ematologia e Oncologia Medica, L e A Seràgnoli Unità Cliniche e di Anatomia Patologica, Universita di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Am J Pathol 162:243-53. 2003..However, it differs from other aggressive B-cell lymphomas in that it shows defective immunoglobulin production despite the expression of OCT-2, BOB.1, and PU.1 transcription factors and the lack of IgV(H) gene crippling mutations...
- Acute leukaemia immunophenotyping in bone-marrow routine sectionsS A Pileri
Service of Pathologic Anatomy and Haematopathology, Institute of Haematology and Clinical Oncology L and A Seràgnoli, Bologna University, Bologna, Italy
Br J Haematol 105:394-401. 1999....
- Immunohistochemistry of bone-marrow biopsyS A Pileri
Second Service of Pathologic Anatomy Unit of Haematopathology, Bologna University, S Orsola Hospital, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 26:69-75. 1997..Herein, the authors focus on the technical procedures, which allow extensive application of immunohistochemistry to the study of BMNB, as well as on the panels of antibodies needed for the identification of the most relevant conditions...
- Efficacy of fludarabine and mitoxantrone (FN) combination regimen in untreated indolent non-Hodgkin's lymphomasP L Zinzani
Institute of Hematology and Medical Oncology Seragnoli, University of Bologna, Italy
Ann Oncol 11:363-5. 2000..The aim of this study was to define the therapeutic efficacy and toxicity of a combination of FLU and mitoxantrone (FN regimen) in untreated LG-NHL...
- Pyothorax-associated lymphoma: description of the first two cases detected in ItalyS Ascani
Service of Pathologic Anatomy and Haematopathology, Institute of Haematology and Clinical Oncology L and A Seràgnoli, Bologna University School of Medicine, Italy
Ann Oncol 8:1133-8. 1997....
- Myeloid sarcoma: clinico-pathologic, phenotypic and cytogenetic analysis of 92 adult patientsS A Pileri
Institute of Hematology and Clinical Oncology L and A Seràgnoli, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Leukemia 21:340-50. 2007....
- Partial nodal involvement by marginal zone lymphoma. Use of IGK gene rearrangement analysis in diagnostic work-upA Gazzola
Department of Hematology and Oncology L and A Seràgnoli, Hematopathology Unit, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Centro Interdipartimentale per la Ricerca sul Cancro G Prodi, University of Bologna, Italy
Pathologica 103:14-8. 2011..Accordingly, a final diagnosis of NMZL was made. In conclusion, this case is a good example of the crucial role of complete molecular analysis in the diagnostic work up of lymphoproliferative disorders...
- Peripheral T cell lymphoma, not otherwise specified: the stuff of genes, dreams and therapiesC Agostinelli
Department of Haematology and Clinical Oncology L and A Seràgnoli, Bologna University School of Medicine, Bologna, Italy
J Clin Pathol 61:1160-7. 2008....
- Blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm (BPDCN): the cutaneous sanctuaryA Pileri
Division of Dermatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Nephrology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 147:603-8. 2012..BPDCN has an aggressive course, however, it has been suggested that an exclusive cutaneous involvement at presentation is related to a better clinical outcome...
- Clear-cell proliferation of the lung with lymphangioleiomyomatosis-like changeS A Pileri
Institute of Haematology and Clinical Oncology L e A Seràgnoli, Bologna University, Bologna, Italy
Histopathology 44:156-63. 2004..To describe two cases of a peculiar pulmonary lesion, which expand both the morphological and the immunophenotypic spectrum of perivascular epithelioid cell (PEC)-related disorders...
- Gemcitabine treatment in pretreated cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: experience in 44 patientsP L Zinzani
Institute of Hematology and Medical Oncology Seragnoli, University of Bologna, and Institute of Dermatology Immacolata, Rome, Italy
J Clin Oncol 18:2603-6. 2000..To evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of gemcitabine, a novel pyrimidine antimetabolite with a low-toxicity profile and activity in several solid tumors, in patients with relapsed or refractory cutaneous T-cell lymphomas...
- Salvage therapy with thalidomide in multiple myeloma patients relapsing after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationP Tosi
Institue of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Seragnoli, University of Bologna, Italy
Haematologica 86:409-13. 2001..The present study was aimed at evaluating thalidomide as single agent therapy for patients who had previously received autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation...
- Clinical efficacy and antiangiogenic activity of thalidomide in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia. A pilot studyP P Piccaluga
Institute of Hematology and Clinical Oncology L e A Seràgnoli, University of Bologna, Italy
Leukemia 16:1609-14. 2002..Moreover, MVD significantly decreased in all the responders evaluated after treatment. We conclude that thalidomide is a feasible therapy in MMM patients and looks promising at least to control the growth progression of disease...
- Expression pattern of intracellular leukocyte-associated proteins in primary mediastinal B cell lymphomaT Marafioti
Leukaemia Research Fund Immunodiagnostics Unit, Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Oxford, UK
Leukemia 19:856-61. 2005....
- Hodgkin-like lymphoma, simulating anaplastic large cell lymphoma in the patient after renal transplantation--unusual case report and literature reviewB Ziarkiewicz-Wroblewska
Department of Pathology, Medical University of Warsaw, Warszawa
Pol J Pathol 59:63-9. 2008..2. Negative reactions with typical immunohistochemical markers for lymphocytes of B cell line do not exclude the possibility of B-cell proliferation...
- Cytokeratin-positive interstitial cell neoplasm: a case report and classification issuesK Schuerfeld
Department of Human Pathology and Oncology, Siena University, Siena, Italy
Histopathology 43:491-4. 2003..We report a case of a CIRC tumour arising in a submandibular lymph node of a 66-year-old male...
- The different expression of key-molecules allows the easy subclassification of Hodgkin's lymphoma cases as well as their distinction from non-Hodgkin's lymphomasS A Pileri
Department of Pathology, Unit of Haematopathology, Institute of Haematology L and A Seragnoli, University of Bologna
Pathologica 95:227. 2003
- How do we define Hodgkin's disease? The authors' replyS A Pileri
J Clin Pathol 56:159. 2003
- Myeloid sarcoma of liver: an unusual cause of jaundice. Report of three cases and review of literatureP P Piccaluga
Histopathology 50:802-5. 2007
- Acute myeloid leukemia cells constitutively express the immunoregulatory enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseA Curti
Leukemia 21:353-5. 2007
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with primary retroperitoneal presentation: clinico-pathologic study of nine casesS A Pileri
Ann Oncol 12:1445-53. 2001....
- Extrahepatic manifestations of Hepatitis C Virus infection: a general overview and guidelines for a clinical approachA L Zignego
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical School, Center for Research, Transfer and High Education DENOthe, Center for the Study of Systemic Manifestations of Hepatitis Viruses MaSVE, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 39:2-17. 2007..Special emphasis will be given to discussion of the most appropriate clinical approaches to be adopted in order to diagnose, treat (possibly prevent) and follow-up extrahepathic diseases in patients with Hepatitis C Virus infection...
- Jaw1/LRMP, a germinal centre-associated marker for the immunohistological study of B-cell lymphomasS Tedoldi
Leukaemia Research Fund Immunodiagnostics Unit, Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, UK
J Pathol 209:454-63. 2006..Finally, the expression of Jaw1/LRMP in other types of lymphoma and in non-lymphoid tissues/tumours may be of interest in differential diagnosis and research...
- Posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorder: morphological picture and diagnostic difficultiesB Ziarkiewicz-Wroblewska
Department of Pathology, Warsaw Medical University, ul Pawińskiego 7, 02 106 Warsaw, Poland
Transplant Proc 38:168-72. 2006..After additional immunohistochemical studies (BOB and OCT2), we established the final diagnosis of Hodgkin lymphoma-like PTLD. Due to the increasing number of organ transplantations, doctors of various specialties may encounter PTLD...
- Pitfalls in diagnosis: primary mediastinal non-seminomatous germ cell tumour with bone marrow metastasis showing melanoma-like phenotypeR Orduz
Histopathology 47:645-6. 2005
- Aberrant somatic hypermutation in primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphomaD Rossi
Leukemia 19:2363-6. 2005
- Aggressive B-cell lymphomas: a review based on the workshop of the XI Meeting of the European Association for HaematopathologyL Leoncini
Dipartimento di Patologia Umana ed Oncologia, University of Siena, Nuovo Policlinico Le Scotte, Italy
Histopathology 46:241-55. 2005....
- Challenging paradigms in lymphoma treatmentM Bendandi
Department of Hematology and Cell Therapy Area, University Clinic, University of Navarra, Avda Pio XII 36, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Ann Oncol 15:703-11. 2004
- CD27 distinguishes two phases in bone marrow infiltration of splenic marginal zone lymphomaV Franco
Istituto di Anatomia e Istologia Patologica, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Histopathology 44:381-6. 2004..It is not clear if the neoplastic clone is composed of virgin or somatically mutated B cells. CD27 is reported to be a hallmark of memory B cells...
- Early autologous stem-cell transplantation versus conventional chemotherapy as front-line therapy in high-risk, aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: an Italian multicenter randomized trialMaurizio Martelli
Department of Cellular Biotechnology and Hematology, University La Sapienza of Rome, Italy
J Clin Oncol 21:1255-62. 2003..To evaluate the role of early intensification with high-dose therapy (HDT) and autologous stem-cell transplantation (ASCT) as front-line chemotherapy for patients with high-risk, histologically aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)...