Maria Serenella Pignotti
Affiliation: University of Florence
- [Parental alienation syndrome (PAS): unknown in medical settings, endemic in courts]Maria Serenella Pignotti
Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Meyer, Firenze
Recenti Prog Med 104:54-8. 2013..In severe cases, PAS becomes a new and efficient tool of intra-familiar violence. The treatment of severe cases is to stop any contact between mother and children. The resort to PAS in Courts must be strongly rejected...
- Regulation of treatment of infants at the edge of viability in Italy: the role of the medical profession?Maria Serenella Pignotti
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Anna Meyer Children s Hospital, University of Florence, Viale Pieraccini 24, 50100 Florence, Italy
J Med Ethics 36:795-7. 2010..We argue that ethically sensitive issues in medicine should be regulated with, and not against, the medical profession and its representative bodies...
- Extremely preterm births: end-of-life decisions in European countriesM S Pignotti
Anna Meyer Children s Hospital, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 95:F273-6. 2010..To explore the influence of end-of-life decisions (EoL-D) on survival and mortality data in the light of differences reported among European countries...
- The definition of human viability: a historical perspectiveM S Pignotti
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, A Meyer Children Hospital, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Acta Paediatr 99:33-6. 2010..To investigate the current concepts related to the definition of human viability in a historical perspective...
- Periviable babies: Italian suggestions for the ethical debateMaria Serenella Pignotti
Neonatal Medicine, A Meyer Children Hospital, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 21:595-8. 2008....
- Perinatal care at the threshold of viability: an international comparison of practical guidelines for the treatment of extremely preterm birthsMaria Serenella Pignotti
Neonatal Medicine, A Meyer Children s Hospital, University of Florence, Via Luca Giordano 13, 50132 Firenze, Italy
Pediatrics 121:e193-8. 2008....
- [Birth after late termination of pregnancy: a neonatologist's point of view]Maria Serenella Pignotti
Medicina Neonatale, Azienda Ospedaliera A Meyer, Universita, Firenze
Recenti Prog Med 98:479-83. 2007..If there is a chance of survival then the neonate could be a candidate for resuscitation and intensive care...
- Perinatal care at an extremely low gestational age (22-25 weeks). An Italian approach: the "Carta di Firenze"Maria Serenella Pignotti
Neonatal Medicine, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 92:F515-6. 2007
- [Intensive care at extremely low gestational age: ethical issues and treatment choices]M S Pignotti
Neonatal Medicine, Anna Meyer Children s Hospital, Firenze
Pediatr Med Chir 29:84-93. 2007..In this paper the authors provide a review of the ethical basis of decisions related to the care of such infants: to treat, not to treat, intensive or compassionate care, withhold or withdraw treatment...
- A 4-year survey on palivizumab respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)-prophylaxis: how can compliance be improved?Maria Serenella Pignotti
Neonatal Medicine, Anna Meyer Children s Hospital, University of Florence, Via L Giordano 13, 50132 Florence, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 19:221-4. 2006..To identify compliance-influencing factors and to suggest strategies for overcoming barriers in a preventive medicine program...
- Perinatal asphyxia and inadvertent neonatal intoxication from local anaesthetics given to the mother during labourMaria Serenella Pignotti
Department of Paediatrics, Anna Meyer Children s Hospital, Via L Giordano 13, 50132 Florence, Italy
BMJ 330:34-5. 2005
- Thoracentesis in pericardial and pleural effusion caused by central venous catheterization: a less invasive neonatal approachMaria Serenella Pignotti
Department of Neonatology and Neonatal Intensive Care, Anna Meyer, Children s Hospital, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Paediatr Anaesth 14:349-51. 2004..A pericardial effusion should be drained if there is cardiovascular compromise and because pericardiocentesis represents a high risk technique, attempts should be made to rectify the extravasation via thoracentesis...
- Aseptic meningitis in neonatal varicella complicated by Escherichia coil sepsisMaria Serenella Pignotti
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Anna Meyer Children s Hospital, Via Luca Giordano 13, 50132 Firenze, Italy
Eur J Pediatr 163:343-4. 2004
- Bilateral consolidation of the lungs in a preterm infant: an unusual central venous catheter complicationMaria Serenella Pignotti
Department of Pediatrics, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Meyer Children s Hospital, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Paediatr Anaesth 14:957-9. 2004..Neonatologists should consider the possibility of dramatic respiratory distress deriving from PICC dislocation. Careful tip catheter placement and conscientious monitoring may reduce morbidity...
- [The Italian law on termination of pregnancy (194/1978). Should it be revised? The palliative care option]Maria Serenella Pignotti
Neonatologia, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Meyer, Firenze
Recenti Prog Med 98:607-10. 2007....
- Congenital laterocervical complex masses: Are they all lymphangiomas?Antonio Messineo
Pediatric Surgery, Hospital for Sick Children, Florence, Italy
J Pediatr 147:121. 2005
- The sudden infant death syndrome dilemma: a challengeG Indolfi
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, A Meyer Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 16:33-5. 2004
- Factors impacting compliance with palivizumab prophylaxisMaria Serenella Pignotti
Pediatr Infect Dis J 23:186-7. 2004
- [Between being born "alive" and being born "alive and vital": the clinical evaluation of viability]Maria Serenella Pignotti
Neonatologia, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria A Meyer, Firenze
Recenti Prog Med 99:71-4. 2008....