Affiliation: University of Rome La Sapienza
- A cross-cultural study of the Need for Cognitive Closure Scale: comparing its structure in Croatia, Italy, USA and The NetherlandsLucia Mannetti
University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Br J Soc Psychol 41:139-56. 2002..1997; Neuberg, Judice, & West, 1997)...
- Relevance override: on the reduced impact of "cues" under high-motivation conditions of persuasion studiesAntonio Pierro
Department of Psychology of Developmental and Socialization Processes, Universita di Roma, La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Pers Soc Psychol 86:251-64. 2004..Because, in much persuasion research, cues may have been perceived as less relevant to the attitudinal judgments than message arguments, the relevance override hypothesis provides a general explanation of the reduced cue effect...
- Autocracy bias in informal groups under need for closureAntonio Pierro
Dipartimento di Psicologia dei Processi di Sviluppo e Socializzazione, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Via dei Marsi 78, I 00185 Rome, Italy
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 29:405-17. 2003..no pressure) showed a greater asymmetry of participation, of centrality, and of prestige among the group members, such that the more focal members were perceived to exert the greater influence over the groups' decisions...
- Groups as epistemic providers: need for closure and the unfolding of group-centrismArie W Kruglanski
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, College Park, 20742, USA
Psychol Rev 113:84-100. 2006..These theoretical predictions are borne out by laboratory and field research in diverse settings...
- Night and day, you are the one: on circadian mismatches and the transference effect in social perceptionArie W Kruglanski
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, College Park, College Park, MD, USA
Psychol Sci 19:296-301. 2008..This latter suggestion differs from psychodynamic views of transference as exclusively a driven, energy-intensive phenomenon...
- Regulatory mode preferences for autonomy supporting versus controlling instructional stylesAntonio Pierro
University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Br J Educ Psychol 79:599-615. 2009..Three studies carried out in educational settings examined determinants of teacher's instructional styles and students' degree of satisfaction with the learning climates created by such styles...
- When similarity breeds content: need for closure and the allure of homogeneous and self-resembling groupsArie W Kruglanski
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, College Park 20742, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 83:648-62. 2002..These results are discussed in terms of the relation between need for closure and homogeneous (vs. heterogeneous) groups' apparent potential as "closure providers."..
- The statistical analysis of data from small groupsDavid A Kenny
Department of Psychology, University of Connecticut, Storrs 06269 1020, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 83:126-37. 2002..The authors strongly urge that the analysis model of data from small-group studies should mirror the psychological processes that generate those data...
- The social cognition of immigrants' acculturation: effects of the need for closure and the reference group at entryAnkica Kosic
Robert Schuman Center for Advanced Studies, European University Institute, Florence, Italy
J Pers Soc Psychol 86:796-813. 2004..These findings obtained consistently across 3 immigrant samples in Italy, 1 Croatian and 2 Polish, and across multiple different measures of acculturation...