Affiliation: University of Turin
- Nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor-2 activity controls 4-hydroxynonenal metabolism and activity in prostate cancer cellsPiergiorgio Pettazzoni
Section of General Pathology, Department of Medicine and Experimental Oncology, University of Turin, 10125 Turin, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 51:1610-8. 2011..In conclusion, we demonstrated that increased Nrf2 activity resulted in a reduction in HNE sensitivity in prostate cancer cells, suggesting a potential mechanism of resistance to pro-oxidant therapy...
- PPARgamma ligands inhibit telomerase activity and hTERT expression through modulation of the Myc/Mad/Max network in colon cancer cellsCristina Toaldo
Department of Medicine and Experimental Oncology, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Cell Mol Med 14:1347-57. 2010..The regulation of hTERT expression by 15d-PG J2 and rosiglitazone, through the modulation of the Myc/Max/Mad1 network, may represent a new mechanism of action of these substances in inhibiting cell proliferation...
- Nanosponge-encapsulated camptothecin exerts anti-tumor activity in human prostate cancer cellsRosalba Minelli
Department of Drug Science and Technology, University of Turin, via P Giuria 9, 10125 Turin, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 47:686-94. 2012..Our results demonstrated the higher anti-tumor effectiveness of CN-CPT compare to CPT in prostate cancer cells, supporting the relevance of future studies for the use of the β-Cyclodextrin nanosponge to deliver anticancer drugs in vivo...
- Induction of cell cycle arrest and DNA damage by the HDAC inhibitor panobinostat (LBH589) and the lipid peroxidation end product 4-hydroxynonenal in prostate cancer cellsPiergiorgio Pettazzoni
Department of Medicine and Experimental Oncology, Section of General Pathology, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 50:313-22. 2011..Taken together, our data suggest that HNE potentiates the antitumoral effect of the HDACI panobinostat in prostate cancer cells...
- Drug delivery nanoparticles in skin cancersChiara Dianzani
Department of Drug Science and Technology, University of Turin, 10125 Turin, Italy
Biomed Res Int 2014:895986. 2014..In particular, the progress in the treatment with nanocarriers of basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma has been reported. ..
- The inclusion complex of 4-hydroxynonenal with a polymeric derivative of β-cyclodextrin enhances the antitumoral efficacy of the aldehyde in several tumor cell lines and in a three-dimensional human melanoma modelStefania Pizzimenti
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Turin, 10125 Turin, Italy Electronic address
Free Radic Biol Med 65:765-77. 2013..Moreover, the inclusion of HNE in PACM-βCD potentiates its antitumor effects in several tumor cell lines and in a more complex system, such as a human reconstructed skin carrying melanoma tumor cells. ..
- 4-hydroxynonenal, a lipid peroxidation product of dietary polyunsaturated fatty acids, has anticarcinogenic properties in colon carcinoma cell lines through the inhibition of telomerase activityStefania Pizzimenti
Department of Medicine and Experimental Oncology, University of Turin, Torino, Italy
J Nutr Biochem 21:818-26. 2010....
- MicroRNA expression changes during human leukemic HL-60 cell differentiation induced by 4-hydroxynonenal, a product of lipid peroxidationStefania Pizzimenti
Dipartimento di Medicina e Oncologia Sperimentale, Sezione di Patologia Generale, Universita di Torino, Corso Raffaello 30, 10125 Torino, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 46:282-8. 2009..A functional analysis of 191 putative gene targets of miRNAs modulated by HNE is discussed...