Maria Teresa Petrucci
Affiliation: University of Rome La Sapienza
- A prospective, international phase 2 study of bortezomib retreatment in patients with relapsed multiple myelomaMaria T Petrucci
Department of Cellular Biotechnology and Haematology, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Br J Haematol 160:649-59. 2013..5 and 8.9 months, respectively. In conclusion, bortezomib retreatment was effective and tolerable in relapsed MM patients, with no evidence of cumulative toxicities...
- Bortezomib, melphalan, and prednisone in elderly patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma: a multicenter, open label phase 1/2 studyMaria Teresa Petrucci
Hematology Service, Department of Cellular Biotechnology and Hematology, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Cancer 119:971-7. 2013..In elderly patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma (MM), the addition of bortezomib to standard, combined oral melphalan and prednisone (MP) significantly increases the response rate and event-free survival compared with MP alone...
- Inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase-3 increases NKG2D ligand MICA expression and sensitivity to NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity in multiple myeloma cells: role of STAT3Cinzia Fionda
Department of Molecular Medicine, Cenci Bolognetti Foundation Pasteur Institute, Sapienza University of Rome, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Immunol 190:6662-72. 2013..Thus, we provide evidence that regulation of the NKG2D-ligand MICA expression may represent an additional immune-mediated mechanism supporting the antimyeloma activity of GSK3 inhibitors...
- IgD multiple myeloma a descriptive report of 17 cases: survival and response to therapyFrancesco Pisani
Department of Hematology, Regina Elena National Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 31:17. 2012..Immunoglobulin D multiple myeloma (MM) is rare and has a poorer prognosis than other MM isotypes...
- Treatment of 72 newly diagnosed Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia cases with oral melphalan, cyclophosphamide, and prednisone: results and cost analysisOmbretta Annibali
Dipartimento di Ematologia, Università Campus Bio Medico, Rome, Italy
Cancer 103:582-7. 2005....
- Prognostic factors associated with progression of smoldering multiple myeloma to symptomatic formAngela Rago
Department of Cellular Biotechnologies and Hematology, Sapienza University Polo Pontino, Rome, Italy
Cancer 118:5544-9. 2012..In 144 patients with SMM, we also compared the risk of progression predicted by bone marrow plasma cell (BMPC) involvement on the bone marrow biopsy (BMB) versus bone marrow aspirates (BMA)...
- Relapse of IgA lambda multiple myeloma presenting as obstructive jaundice and abdominal painOmbretta Annibali
Hematology, University Campus Bio Medico, Rome, Italy
Onkologie 32:119-21. 2009..Only few cases of pancreatic involvement of multiple myeloma (MM) have been reported in the medical literature...
- Controlled-release oxycodone for the treatment of bortezomib-induced neuropathic pain in patients with multiple myelomaClaudio Cartoni
Hematology, Department of Haematology, Oncology, Pathology and Regenerative Medicine, Policlinico Umberto I, Sapienza University Rome, Rome, Italy
Support Care Cancer 20:2621-6. 2012..This study assessed the effectiveness of controlled-release (CR) oral oxycodone in controlling pain and its interference on daily functions of patients with hematologic malignancies affected by BIPN...
- ATM-ATR-dependent up-regulation of DNAM-1 and NKG2D ligands on multiple myeloma cells by therapeutic agents results in enhanced NK-cell susceptibility and is associated with a senescent phenotypeAlessandra Soriani
Department of Experimental Medicine, Istituto Pasteur Fondazione Cenci Bolognetti, Rome, Italy
Blood 113:3503-11. 2009....
- Arterial and venous thrombosis in patients with monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance: incidence and risk factors in a cohort of 1491 patientsTommaso Za
Institute of Haematology, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Br J Haematol 160:673-9. 2013..Finally, the risk of venous thrombosis did increase when the M-protein concentration exceeded >16 g/l...
- High-dose idarubicin, busulphan and melphalan for autologous stem cell transplantation in multiple myeloma responsive to DAV chemotherapy: comparison with a historical controlSaveria Capria
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, Universita La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Acta Haematol 115:9-14. 2006....
- Continuous low dose of melphalan and prednisone in patients with multiple myeloma of very old age or severe associated diseaseAlessandro Pulsoni
Department of Cellular Biotechnology and Hematology, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Drugs Aging 19:947-53. 2002..For these patients we retrospectively evaluated the effect of a mild approach with continuous low-dose melphalan and prednisone (cMP)...
- Therapeutic potential of MEK inhibition in acute myelogenous leukemia: rationale for "vertical" and "lateral" combination strategiesMaria Rosaria Ricciardi
Division of Hematology, Department of Cellular Biotechnologies and Hematology, Sapienza University of Rome, Via Benevento 6, 00161, Rome, Italy
J Mol Med (Berl) 90:1133-44. 2012..Deeper understanding of the molecular mechanisms of action of MEK inhibitors will likely translate into more effective targeted strategies for the treatment of AML...
- Cyclophosphamide induces a type I interferon-associated sterile inflammatory response signature in cancer patients' blood cells: implications for cancer chemoimmunotherapyFederica Moschella
Authors Affiliations Department of Hematology Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore di Sanità and Department of Cellular Biotechnologies and Hematology, Azienda Policlinico Umberto I, Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 19:4249-61. 2013..A better understanding of the cellular and molecular basis of cyclophosphamide-mediated immunomodulation is needed to improve the efficacy of chemoimmunotherapy...