Affiliation: University of Padova
- Phase II study of high-dose cyclophosphamide in relapsing and/or resistant hepatoblastoma in children: a study from the SIOPEL groupWalter Daniel Cacciavillano
Department of Paediatric Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 40:2274-9. 2004..All patients died, 17 of progressive disease and one of surgery complications. The low response rate (1/17) led the SIOPEL group to conclude that single-agent CPM is not effective for the treatment of relapsing or refractory HB...
- Pandemic influenza A (H1N1v) infection in pediatric population: a multicenter study in a north-east area of ItalyLiviana Da Dalt
Department of Pediatrics, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 3, 35128 Padova, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 37:24. 2011....
- A short questionnaire to assess pediatric resident's competencies: the validation processLiviana Da Dalt
Paediatric Residency Program, Department of Woman s and Child s Health, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani, 3 35128 Padua, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 39:41. 2013..The aim of this article is to present the ReAQ and its validation...
- Hepatoblastoma clinical research: lessons learned and future challengesGiorgio Perilongo
Department of Pediatric, University Hospital, University of Padua, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 59:818-21. 2012..We will focus on lessons learned, especially in reference to the experiences of the COG and SIOPEL study groups, and discuss future challenges...
- Modern treatment of childhood hepatoblastoma: what do clinicians and pathologists have to say to each other?Giorgio Perilongo
Division of Haematology Oncology, Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital of Padova, Padova, Italy
Med Pediatr Oncol 39:474-7. 2002
- The expected "boomerang effect"?Giorgio Perilongo
Department of Paediatrics, University of Padua, Paediatric Neuro Oncology Program, Via Giustiniani, Padua, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 47:1. 2006
- Low-grade gliomas and leptomeningeal dissemination: a poorly understood phenomenonGiorgio Perilongo
Paediatric Neuro Oncology Program, Division of Haematology Oncology, Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital of Padova, Via Giustiniani 3, 35128 Padova, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 19:197-203. 2003..No firm guidelines for the treatment of these diseases are yet available, mostly due to the rarity of this condition and the existing uncertainties regarding their natural clinical history...
- Risk-adapted treatment for childhood hepatoblastoma. final report of the second study of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology--SIOPEL 2G Perilongo
Division of Paediatric Haematology Oncology, University Hospital, Via Giustiniani 3 35128, Padova, Italy
Eur J Cancer 40:411-21. 2004..For SR-HB patients, the efficacy of CDDP monotherapy and the CDDP/DOXO ('PLADO') combination are now being compared in a prospective randomised trial (SIOPEL 3)...
- Cisplatin versus cisplatin plus doxorubicin for standard-risk hepatoblastomaGiorgio Perilongo
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital of Padua, Padua, Italy
N Engl J Med 361:1662-70. 2009....
- Hepatoblastoma presenting with lung metastases: treatment results of the first cooperative, prospective study of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology on childhood liver tumorsG Perilongo
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Cancer 89:1845-53. 2000....
- Fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH) reveals frequent and recurrent numerical and structural abnormalities in hepatoblastoma with no informative karyotypeC Surace
Department of Pediatrics, University of Padua, Italy
Med Pediatr Oncol 39:536-9. 2002..Cytogenetic analysis is limited by the requirement of suitable cells in metaphase. A different method that increases analysis sensitivity is fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH)...
- Germinoma with synchronous involvement of midline and off-midline structures associated with progressive hemiparesis and hemiatrophy in a young adultS Sartori
Department of Pediatrics, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 3, 35128 Padua, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 23:1341-5. 2007..More rarely, other clinical features can be fever of unknown origin, visual disturbance, and neuropsychiatric symptoms. Cerebral hemiatrophy can precede the imaging depiction of the off-midline mass...
- SIOPEL trials using preoperative chemotherapy in hepatoblastomaG Perilongo
Department of Pediatrics, University of Padua, Italy
Lancet Oncol 1:94-100. 2000..The group has also developed a novel staging system, called PRETEXT (PRE Treatment EXTent of disease), based on the anatomy of the liver and radiological findings at diagnosis, to try to predict resectability and outcome...
- Analyses of prognostic factors in a retrospective review of 92 children with ependymoma: Italian Pediatric Neuro-oncology GroupG Perilongo
Pediatric Oncology Division Pediatric Department, University of Padova, Italy
Med Pediatr Oncol 29:79-85. 1997..These findings suggest that, for childhood EPD, radical resection should be pursued as much as reasonably possible. Thus, it seems justified proposing for future trials, patient stratification by entity of surgical resection...
- Somatic mosaicism in von Hippel-Lindau DiseaseA Murgia
Department of Pediatrics, University of Padua, Italy
Hum Mutat 15:114. 2000..Hum Mutat 15:114, 2000...
- Ifosfamide in pediatric solid tumorsM Carli
Division of Haematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital, Padova, Italy
Oncology 65:99-104. 2003..g. 24 h). Ifosfamide is currently included in the standard therapy of pediatric bone and soft tissue sarcomas. It is also used in a selected high-risk group of patients with Wilms' tumor, neuroblastoma and germ cell tumors...
- Spontaneous partial regression of low-grade glioma in children with neurofibromatosis-1: a real possibilityG Perilongo
Hematology Oncology Division, Padua University Hospital, Pediatric Neuro Oncology Program, Italy
J Child Neurol 14:352-6. 1999....
- Acute and late morbidity after limited resection and focal radiation therapy in craniopharyngiomasG Scarzello
Department of Radiation Therapy, University Hospital of Padua, Italy
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 19:399-405. 2006..This alternative therapeutic approach has become more appealing now that modern RT techniques allow safer delivery of the RT, particularly in childhood...
- Embryonal tumor with abundant neuropil and true rosettes. A new entity or only variations of a parent neoplasms (PNETs)? This is the dilemmaM La Spina
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Catania University Hospital, Catania, Sicily, Italy
J Neurooncol 78:317-20. 2006..He is alive and free of disease at 34 months from surgery. Difficulties in histological definition, possible suggestions for treatment proposals are discussed...
- Diffuse leptomeningeal glioneuronal tumours: clinico-pathological follow-upM P Gardiman
Department of Medicine DIMED, University Hospital of Padua, Padua, Italy
Pathologica 104:428-31. 2012..The clinical, neuroradiological and pathological long-term follow-up of an unusual diffuse leptomeningeal glioneuronal tumour is presented herein...
- Hydrocephalus in infants less than six months of age: effectiveness of endoscopic third ventriculostomyR Faggin
Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Eur J Pediatr Surg 19:216-9. 2009..The aim of this article is to define the effectiveness of third ventriculostomy for hydrocephalus in infants less than 6 months of age better and to determine possible positive predictive factors...
- Clear-cell meningioma in a 22-month-old male: a case report and literature reviewS Carra
Department of Pediatrics, University of Padua, Italy
Pediatr Neurosurg 34:264-7. 2001..Complete surgical removal is necessary because it is potentially aggressive and may recur. After surgery, an accurate follow-up is warranted...
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization improves cytogenetic results in the analysis of hepatoblastomaL Sainati
Department of Pediatrics, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 3, Padua, Italy
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 134:18-20. 2002..In view of the high incidence of recurrent trisomies, FISH analysis should be recommended in all the cases of HB with no informative karyotype...
- Hepatoblastoma with a low serum alpha-fetoprotein level at diagnosis: the SIOPEL group experienceMaretta De Ioris
Department of Paediatric Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 44:545-50. 2008..To investigate the characteristics of patients with hepatoblastoma and low serum alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) at diagnosis...
- Visual outcome of a cohort of children with neurofibromatosis type 1 and optic pathway glioma followed by a pediatric neuro-oncology programPaola Dalla Via
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital of Padua, Via Giustiniani 3, 35128 Padua, Italy
Neuro Oncol 9:430-7. 2007..In conclusion, the visual outcome of this selected cohort of NF1 patients with OPG is unsatisfactory. A critical reappraisal of the therapeutic strategy adopted is needed...
- Features predicting unresectability in hepatoblastomaLorenzo D'Antiga
Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Cancer 110:1050-8. 2007..The authors sought to identify presenting features that would predict unresectability in patients with HB and to provide suggestions for early referral and listing for OLT...
- Undifferentiated sarcoma of the liver in childhood: a curable diseaseGianni Bisogno
Pediatric Oncology Hematology Division, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Cancer 94:252-7. 2002..Undifferentiated (embryonal) sarcoma of the liver (UESL) is a rare childhood hepatic tumor, and it is generally considered an aggressive neoplasm with an unfavorable prognosis...
- Surgical view of the treatment of patients with hepatoblastoma: results from the first prospective trial of the International Society of Pediatric Oncology Liver Tumor Study GroupJ Marco Schnater
Pediatric Surgical Center Amsterdam EKZ AMC VUmc, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer 94:1111-20. 2002..The objective of this article was to assess the assumed surgical advantages of primary chemotherapy...
- Primary intracranial fibrosarcomaGianni Bisogno
Hematology Oncology Division, Department of Pediatrics, Via Giustiniani, 3, 35128 Padua, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 18:648-51. 2002..We report the contributions that different therapeutic options made to the treatment of a child with one of these aggressive tumors...
- Multifocal hepatoblastoma: is there a place for partial hepatectomy?Patrizia Dall'igna
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Surgery, University Hospital of Padua, Italy
Med Pediatr Oncol 40:113-6; discussion 116-7. 2003
- Evaluation of health status and health-related quality of life in a cohort of Italian children following treatment for a primary brain tumorChiara Cardarelli
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, Pediatric Neuro Oncology Program, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 46:637-44. 2006..It specifically, it aimed to compare the HS and the HRQL, as expressed by the HUI2 global utility score, in cohorts of patients who had brain tumors, extra-cerebral solid tumors, or leukemia/lymphoma...
- Hepatoblastoma: an oncological reviewDerek J Roebuck
Department of Radiology, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, WC1N 3JH, UK
Pediatr Radiol 36:183-6. 2006..In future, we hope to be able to improve survival for children with high-risk tumours, and decrease the morbidity associated with treatment in the others...
- Clear cell meningioma in a 22-month-old male: update after five yearsSabina Carrà
Pediatr Neurosurg 38:162-3. 2003
- Non-anaplastic pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma with neuroradiological evidences of leptomeningeal disseminationEva Passone
Paediatric Clinic, School of Medicine, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 22:614-8. 2006..A case of a non-anaplastic pleomorphic xanthoastrocytoma (PXA) presenting with leptomeningeal dissemination (LMD) affecting a 9-year-old girl is presented...
- Considerations on the role of chemotherapy and modern radiotherapy in the treatment of childhood low grade gliomaGiorgio Perilongo
Neuro Oncology Program, Division of Haematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital of Padua, Via Giustiniani 3, 35128, Padua, Italy
J Neurooncol 75:301-7. 2005..This manuscript reviews and expands these data, trying to combine them in a coherent picture that it is hoped can help in directing future research in this field...
- Hyperfractionated radiotherapy and chemotherapy for childhood ependymoma: final results of the first prospective AIEOP (Associazione Italiana di Ematologia-Oncologia Pediatrica) studyMaura Massimino
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milano, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 58:1336-45. 2004..A postsurgical "stage-based" protocol for ependymoma was designed...
- Predictive value of the pretreatment extent of disease system in hepatoblastoma: results from the International Society of Pediatric Oncology Liver Tumor Study Group SIOPEL-1 studyDaniel C Aronson
Pediatric Surgical Center of Amsterdam, Emma Children s Hospital AMC, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 23:1245-52. 2005..Study aims were to analyze the accuracy and interobserver agreement of PRETEXT and to compare the predictive impact of three currently used staging systems...
- Guidelines for surgical treatment of hepatoblastoma in the modern era--recommendations from the Childhood Liver Tumour Strategy Group of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOPEL)Piotr Czauderna
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Medical University of Gdansk, ul Nowe Ogrody 1 6, Gdansk 80 803, Poland
Eur J Cancer 41:1031-6. 2005..These guidelines should not be seen as final, but rather as a starting point for further discussion between the various national and international liver tumour study groups...
- Primary peripheral PNET/Ewing's sarcoma of the dura: a clinicopathologic entity distinct from central PNETFranceska Dedeurwaerdere
Department of Pathology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Mod Pathol 15:673-8. 2002..The occurrence of PNET-ES at this site is very unusual. Immunophenotypical as well as genetic analysis play a key role in the diagnosis and the distinction from central PNET...
- Spinal low-grade neoplasms with extensive leptomeningeal dissemination in childrenGiorgio Perilongo
Division of Paediatric Haematology, Paediatric Neuro oncology Programme, Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital of Padua, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 18:505-12. 2002..The aim of this study is to re-appraise paediatric leptomeningeal disseminated spinal low-grade neoplasms putting forward the hypothesis that these tumours may represent a possible distinctive clinico-pathological entity...
- The challenge of very rare tumours in childhood: the Italian TREP projectAndrea Ferrari
Paediatric Oncology Unit, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milano, Italy
Eur J Cancer 43:654-9. 2007..This experience demonstrates the feasibility of a national multidisciplinary cooperation on rare paediatric malignancies and suggests that international studies could be realised...
- Salvage treatment for childhood ependymoma after surgery only: Pitfalls of omitting "at once" adjuvant treatmentMaura Massimino
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 65:1440-5. 2006..To discuss the results obtained by giving adjuvant treatment for childhood ependymoma (EPD) at relapse after complete surgery only...
- Treatment with oral etoposide for childhood recurrent ependymomasAlessandro Sandri
Pediatric Oncology Department, University of Turin, Torino, Italy
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 27:486-90. 2005..7%. These results emphasize that oral etoposide is an attractive option for childhood recurrent ependymomas in terms of administration, tolerability, and neuroradiologic response...
- 2005 PRETEXT: a revised staging system for primary malignant liver tumours of childhood developed by the SIOPEL groupDerek J Roebuck
Department of Radiology, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, UK
Pediatr Radiol 37:123-32; quiz 249-50. 2007..This paper, written by members of the radiology and surgery committees of the International Childhood Liver Tumor Strategy Group (SIOPEL), presents various clarifications and revisions to the original PRETEXT system...