Affiliation: University of Trieste
- Managing children under 36 months of age with febrile urinary tract infection: a new approachMarco Pennesi
Department of Pediatrics, Institute for Child and Maternal Health, IRCCS Burlo Garofolo, Via dell Istria 65 1, 34137 Trieste, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 27:611-5. 2012..None of these has been validated by a long-term study. We describe our 11-years experience in the application of a diagnostic protocol that uses a reduced number of invasive procedures...
- Glomerulonephritis after recombinant hepatitis B vaccineMarco Pennesi
Department of Pediatrics, IRCCS Burlo Garofolo Children s Hospital, Trieste, Italy
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:172-3. 2002..After 2 years chronic glomerulonephritis persisted and was treated with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors. After 3 years of follow-up, the renal disease was in remission, and treatment was stopped...
- Behavioral therapy for primary nocturnal enuresisMarco Pennesi
Pediatric Department, IRCCS Burlo Garafolo, University of Trieste, Italy
J Urol 171:408-10. 2004..Recent studies suggest the efficacy of behavioral therapy for enuresis, even in cases of minor daytime voiding problems. We describe our experience with the clinical followup and behavioral therapy of children with primary enuresis...
- A new mutation in two siblings with cystinosis presenting with Bartter syndromeMarco Pennesi
Department of Pediatrics, IRCCS Burlo Garofalo, University of Trieste, Via dell Istria 65 1, Trieste, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 20:217-9. 2005..We describe two siblings with nephropathic cystinosis presenting with features of Bartter syndrome and their genetic pattern...
- Is antibiotic prophylaxis in children with vesicoureteral reflux effective in preventing pyelonephritis and renal scars? A randomized, controlled trialMarco Pennesi
Clinica Pediatrica, Istituto per l Infanzia IRCCS Burlo Garofolo, Via dell Istria 65 1, 34100 Trieste, Italy
Pediatrics 121:e1489-94. 2008....
- Febrile urinary tract infections in young children: recommendations for the diagnosis, treatment and follow-upAnita Ammenti
Department of Pediatrics, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Acta Paediatr 101:451-7. 2012..CONCLUSION: These recommendations are endorsed by the Italian Society of Pediatric Nephrology. They can also be a tool of comparison with other existing guidelines in issues in which much controversy still exists...
- ACE-inhibitors-induced metabolic acidosis in a child with nephrotic syndromeIrene Bruno
Clinica Pediatrica, IRCCS Burlo Garofolo, Universita di Trieste, Via dell Istria 65 1, 34100, Trieste, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 18:1293-4. 2003..We describe a case of hyperchloraemic metabolic acidosis with hypoaldosteronism in a 4-year-old boy with nephrotic syndrome who was receiving ACE inhibitors...
- Re: Antibiotic prophylaxis for the prevention of recurrent urinary tract infection in children with low grade vesicoureteral reflux: results from a prospective randomized study: G. Roussey-Kesler, V. Gadjos, N. Idres, B. Horen, L. Ichay, M. D. Leclair, F.Angela De Cunto
J Urol 180:2258-9. 2008