M R Pelizzo
Affiliation: University of Padova
- Aurora kinases are expressed in medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) and their inhibition suppresses in vitro growth and tumorigenicity of the MTC derived cell line TTEnke Baldini
Department of Experimental Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
BMC Cancer 11:411. 2011..To date no information on the expression of these proteins in medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) are available. We here investigated the expression of the Aurora kinases in human MTC tissues and their potential use as therapeutic targets...
- Diagnosis, treatment, prognostic factors and long-term outcome in papillary thyroid carcinomaM R Pelizzo
Surgical Pathology, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Istituto Oncologico Veneto IOV, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Minerva Endocrinol 33:359-79. 2008..A more significant attention of the clinical examination, US and FNAC to the thyroid nodular disease will be able to guarantee a more precocious diagnosis and a radical surgical treatment...
- Surgical therapeutic planning options in nodular goiterM R Pelizzo
Surgical Pathology, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Istituto Oncologico Veneto IOV, Padua, Italy
Minerva Endocrinol 35:173-85. 2010..The choice of the treatment must be condivided with the patient...
- Surgical treatment of primary hyperparathyroidism: from bilateral neck exploration to minimally invasive surgeryM R Pelizzo
Institute of Surgical Pathology and Clinical Propedeutic, Hospital University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Minerva Endocrinol 33:85-93. 2008....
- Imaging identifies submandibular ectopic thyroid tissueMaria Rosa Pelizzo
Department of Special Surgical Pathology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Clin Nucl Med 36:728-30. 2011..A 54-year-old man with a 6-month history of visible asymptomatic swelling in the right submandibular region had ultrasonography and Tc-99m pertechnetate imaging...
- [Papillary thyroid microcarcinoma. Long-term outcome in 587 cases compared with published data]M R Pelizzo
Divisione di Patologia Speciale Chirurgica, Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche e Chirurgiche, Universita di Padova, Istituto Oncologico Veneto IRCCS, Padova, Italy
Minerva Chir 62:315-25. 2007....
- Incisional hernia treatment with progressive pneumoperitoneum and retromuscular prosthetic hernioplastyAntonio Toniato
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, 3rd Clinic of General Surgery, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 2, 35128 Padua, Italy
Langenbecks Arch Surg 387:246-8. 2002..Major incisional hernias of the abdominal wall often pose a serious surgical problem. The choice between simple suture repair and mesh repair remains uncertain...
- [Radio-guided parathyroidectomy. A prospective study in 54 patients with primary hyperparathyroidism]M R Pelizzo
Istituto di Clinica Chirurgica III, Azienda Ospedaliera, , Padua, Italy
Minerva Endocrinol 26:35-9. 2001....
- [Primary hyperparathyroidism in patients treated for non-medullary thyroid carcinoma]D Rubello
Servizio di Medicina Nucleare II, , Azienda Ospedaliera, , Padua, Italy
Minerva Endocrinol 26:31-4. 2001..Scinti-graphy using 99mTc-MIBI enabled the correct preoperative localisation of a single parathyroid adenoma in two of these patients and multiglandular pathology in the third...
- Natural history, diagnosis, treatment and outcome of medullary thyroid cancer: 37 years experience on 157 patientsM R Pelizzo
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Institute of Surgical Pathology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:493-7. 2007....
- [Parathyroid carcinoma. Therapeutic strategies derived from 20 years of experience]M R Pelizzo
Azienda Ospedaliera, Istituto di Clinica Chirurgica III, , Padua, Italy
Minerva Endocrinol 26:23-9. 2001..Being the majority of recidive functional, monitoring serum calcium and PTH levels offers a useful market which precedes their macroscopic demonstration...
- The sentinel node procedure with Patent Blue V dye in the surgical treatment of papillary thyroid carcinomaM R Pelizzo
Department of Medical and Surgical Science, 3rd Clinic of General Surgery, University of Padua, Italy
Acta Otolaryngol 121:421-4. 2001..In the 18 patients whose SLNs were not metastatic, the other nodes were also disease-free. The SLN technique thus seems helpful in avoiding unnecessary lymph node dissection in PTC without spread to the SLN...
- Sentinel node mapping and biopsy in thyroid cancer: a surgical perspectiveM R Pelizzo
Department of Surgical Science, University of Padova, Via Giustiniani, 2, 35100, Padova, Italy
Biomed Pharmacother 60:405-8. 2006..In prospective SLN technique might be proposed as a relevant tool in lymphoadenectomy decision in DTC patients with a small tumor...
- Papillary thyroid microcarcinoma (PTMC): prognostic factors, management and outcome in 403 patientsM R Pelizzo
Department of Special Surgery, University of Padova Medical School, Via Giustiniani 2, 35100 Padova, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:1144-8. 2006..To investigate an "optimal" therapeutic management of patients with papillary thyroid microcarcinoma (PTMC)...
- The extent of surgery for thyroid medullary cancerM R Pelizzo
Institute of General Surgery I, University of Padova, Italy
Tumori 80:427-32. 1994..To avoid ineffective reoperation due to distant (mainly liver) micrometastases, persistent residual microscopic disease requires a more aggressive restaging...
- Sentinel lymph node (SLN) procedure with patent V blue dye in 153 patients with papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC): is it an accurate staging method?D Rubello
Nuclear Medicine Service PET Unit, S Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Istituto Oncologico Veneto IOV, Rovigo, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 25:483-6. 2006..On the basis of these data, the blue dye procedure for SLN detection appears inappropriate as a standard of care in PTC due to a relatively high number of false negative and false positive results...
- Importance of radio-guided minimally invasive parathyroidectomy using hand-held gamma probe and low (99m)Tc-MIBI dose. Technical considerations and long-term clinical resultsD Rubello
2nd Nuclear Medicine Service, General Hospital of Padova, Padova, Italy
Q J Nucl Med 47:129-38. 2003..99m)Tc-MIBI radio-guided surgery results, obtained in a group of 141 patients with primary hyperparathyroidism (HPT), are reported...
- Minimally invasive radio-guided parathyroidectomy on a group of 452 primary hyperparathyroid patients: refinement of preoperative imaging and intraoperative procedureD Rubello
Nuclear Medicine Service PET Unit, Hospital S Maria della Misericordia, Istituto Oncologico Veneto IOV, Viale Tre Martiti, 140, 45100 Rovigo, Italy
Nuklearmedizin 46:85-92. 2007..of this study was to investigate the efficacy of minimally invasive radio-guided parathyroidectomy (MIRP) in primary hyperparathyroid (PHPT) patients...
- [Sentinel lymph node procedure in thyroid carcinoma patients. Our experience]M R Pelizzo
Dipartimento di Patologia Speciale Chirurgica, Universita di Padova, Padova, Italy
Minerva Chir 61:25-9. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of sentinel lymph node (SLN) mapping performed by intratumoural injection of vital blue dye to guide nodal dissection in PTC...
- Does the ultrasound dissector improve parathyroid gland preservation during surgery?M R Pelizzo
Surgical Pathology, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 40:865-8. 2014..Ischemic injury or parathyroid avulsion are the causes of surgical hypoparathyroidism. We assessed the value of an ultrasound scalpel, the Harmonic Focus(®) (HF), could prevent surgical-related hypoparathyroidism...
- 99Tc nanocolloid sentinel node procedure in papillary thyroid carcinoma: our mono-institutional experience on a large series of patientsM R Pelizzo
Surgical Pathology, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital 29:321-5. 2009..In patients classified N0, by sentinel lymph node biopsy, ablative (131)I therapy could be avoided...
- Clinical outcome of low-risk differentiated thyroid cancer patients after radioiodine remnant ablation and recombinant human thyroid-stimulating hormone preparationF Vianello
Radiotherapy and Nuclear Medicine Unit, Istituto Oncologico Veneto IRCCS, Via Gattamelata 64, Padua, Italy
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 24:162-8. 2012..We sought to determine the clinical outcome, considering both ablation success and disease recurrence, of low-risk DTC patients who underwent (131)I ablation...
- Frequency of thyroid carcinoma in a recent series of 539 consecutive thyroidectomies for multinodular goiterM R Pelizzo
Institute of General Surgery, University of Padova, Italy
Tumori 83:653-5. 1997..Sex and age cannot be considered as factors of a higher risk of cancer...
- Thyroid cancer in children and adolescentsA S Fassina
Institute of Pathology, University of Padua, Italy
Tumori 80:257-62. 1994..Following this strategy, overall recurrence risk was low and 131I therapy was curative in patients with nodal and lung metastases...
- [Radio-guided surgery in primary hyperparathyroidism: clinical indications and technical procedure]D Rubello
Servizio di Medicina Nucleare II, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Padova, Italy
Minerva Endocrinol 28:181-90. 2003..The purpose of the present study was to assess the utility of the intraoperative gamma probe technique in a group of 128 patients suffering from primary hyperparathyroidism (PH)...
- [Cervical lymphorrea after nodal dissection: role of fasting based on clinical evidence]I Merante Boschin
Dipartimento di Patologia Speciale Chirurgica Università di Padova, Padova, Italy
Minerva Chir 61:57-62. 2006..In our opinion, neck reoperation or intrathoracic ligation of the thoracic duct represent the last therapeutic option of unresponsive or untractable cases...
- The role of BRAF(V600E) mutation as poor prognostic factor for the outcome of patients with intrathyroid papillary thyroid carcinomaM R Pelizzo
Surgical Clinic II, Department of Surgical, Oncological and Gastroenterological Sciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Biomed Pharmacother 68:413-7. 2014....
- [Reoperation of medullary thyroid carcinoma: long-term results]P Tamagnini
Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche e Chirurgiche, Clinica Chirurgica Generale III, , Via Giustiniani 2, 35100 Padova, Italie
Ann Chir 126:762-7. 2001..Reoperations may reduce progression of the disease in selected patients. Complete removal of the lesions at the time of the first procedure must be the ideal treatment for medullary thyroid carcinoma...
- Optimization of peroperative proceduresD Rubello
2nd Nuclear Medicine Service, Regional Hospital of Padua, Via Giustiniani 2, 35100 Padua, Italy
Nucl Med Commun 24:133-40. 2003..Moreover, MIRS has proven to be a safe technique with a low morbidity rate and a cure rate higher than 95% in patients with primary HPT...
- Technique and results of laparoscopic adrenalectomyA Toniato
Clinica Chirurgica III, University of Padua, School of Medicine, Italy
Langenbecks Arch Surg 386:200-3. 2001..The main difficulty is to identify the adrenal gland, so several technical procedures are suggested...
- Role of gamma probes in performing minimally invasive parathyroidectomy in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism: optimization of preoperative and intraoperative proceduresDomenico Rubello
Nuclear Medicine Service, Department of Radiotherapy, Regional Hospital of Padua, Padua, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 149:7-15. 2003....
- Minimally invasive radio-guided parathyroidectomyDomenico Rubello
Nuclear Medicine Service PET Unit, Santa Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Istituto Oncologico Veneto IOV, Viale Tre Martiti, 140, 45100 Rovigo, Italy
Biomed Pharmacother 60:134-8. 2006..A low 1 mCi Sestamibi dose appears sufficient to perform MIRP. Patients with concomitant Sestamibi avid thyroid nodules should be excluded from MIRP...
- Clinical role of 99mTcO4/MIBI scan, ultrasound and intra-operative gamma probe in the performance of unilateral and minimally invasive surgery in primary hyperparathyroidismD Casara
Department of Radiotherapy, Regional Hospital of Padova, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med 28:1351-9. 2001..d) IMGP appears to be a useful intraoperative device in HPT patients with solitary parathyroid adenomas and a normal thyroid gland, since it permits minimally invasive and time-saving surgery...
- Molecular characteristics in papillary thyroid cancers (PTCs) with no 131I uptakeCaterina Mian
Endocrinology Unit, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 68:108-16. 2008..Papillary thyroid cancers (PTCs) with no iodine uptake have an aggressive behaviour and a poor prognosis. The aim of our study was to characterize, at molecular level, a subset of PTC with no 131 iodine ((131)I) uptake...
- Determinant role of Tc-99m MIBI SPECT in the localization of a retrotracheal parathyroid adenoma successfully treated by radioguided surgeryDomenico Rubello
Second Nuclear Medicine Service, Regional Hospital of Padua, Via Giustiniani 2, 35100 Padua, Italy
Clin Nucl Med 27:711-5. 2002....
- (99m)Tc-MIBI radio-guided surgery for recurrent thyroid carcinoma: technical feasibility and procedure, and preliminary clinical resultsDomenico Rubello
2nd Nuclear Medicine Service, Department of Radiotherapy, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Via Giustiniani 2, 35100, Padova, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 29:1201-5. 2002..These preliminary data suggest the feasibility of RGS in DTC patients with locoregional non-functioning but (99m)Tc-MIBI-avid recurrence by injection of a low, 37 MBq dose of (99m)Tc-MIBI just before the beginning of the intervention...
- Clinically silent giant parathyroid adenoma: differential diagnosis and therapeutic approachDomenico Rubello
Servizio di Medicina Nucleare 2, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Padova, Italy
Clin Nucl Med 28:519-21. 2003
- Feasibility of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy as a revision procedure for prior laparoscopic gastric bandingPaolo Bernante
Istituto di Patologia Speciale Chirurgica, Universita di Padova, Italy
Obes Surg 16:1327-30. 2006....
- 99mTc-MIBI radio-guided minimally invasive parathyroidectomy: experience with patients with normal thyroids and nodular goitersDario Casara
Nuclear Medicine Service, Radiotherapy Department, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Italy
Thyroid 12:53-61. 2002....
- Thyroid intrafollicular neoplasia (TIN) as a precursor of papillary microcarcinomaNatale Pennelli
Institute of Pathological Anatomy, University of Padua, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 76:219-24. 2005....
- Efficacy of sequential double tracer subtraction and SPECT parathyroid imaging in the precise localization of a low mediastinal parathyroid adenoma successfully removed surgicallyDomenico Rubello
2nd Nuclear Medicine Service, Department of Radiotherapy, Regional Hospital of Padova, Padova, Italy
Clin Nucl Med 29:662-3. 2004
- Obstructive symptoms associated with the 9.75-cm Lap-Band in the first 24 hours using the pars flaccida approachPaolo Bernante
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Surgical Pathology, Padua University Hospital, Italy
Obes Surg 15:357-60. 2005..In such a case, the major perioperative complication is acute obstruction immediately after surgery. We review the etiology of obstructive complications that present postoperatively in the first 24 hours...
- Pitfalls in adrenal surgery. Report of two casesAntonio Toniato
Surgical Pathology, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua, School of Medicine, Padova, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 81:365-7. 2010..A precise and careful preoperative diagnosis is of utmost importance in the management of adrenal disease to avoid therapeutic pitfalls...
- Emergency sleeve gastrectomy as rescue treatment for acute gastric necrosis due to type II paraesophageal hernia in an obese woman with gastric bandingPaolo Bernante
Istituto di Patologia Speciale Chirurgica, Policlinico Universitario, Universita di Padova, Via Giustiniani 2, Padua 35128, Italy
Obes Surg 18:737-41. 2008....
- Functional significance of the novel H-RAS gene mutation M72I in a patient with medullary thyroid cancerS Barollo
Department of Medicine, Endocrinology Unit, University of Padua, Italy
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 121:546-50. 2013..The M72I mutation may contribute effectively to proliferation and survival signaling throughout the MAPK and PI3K/Akt pathways. This work underscores the importance of studying genetic alterations that may lead to carcinogenesis...
- Complications in thyroid surgery for carcinoma: one institution's surgical experienceAntonio Toniato
Department of Surgical Pathology, Medical and Surgical Sciences, Via Giustiniani 2, Padua 35128, Italy
World J Surg 32:572-5. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the factors influencing morbidity after total thyroidectomy for carcinoma, such as the histotype, the extension of surgery, the primary surgery versus reoperation, and the surgeon's experience...
- Galectin-3 cytotest in thyroid follicular neoplasia: a prospective, monoinstitutional studyGianmaria Pennelli
Veneto Institute of Oncology, Department of Medical Diagnostic Sciences and Special Therapies, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Acta Cytol 53:533-9. 2009..To analyze the utility of galectin-3 (Gal3) immunohistochemistry (IHC) on preoperatively obtained fine needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB) in identifying the subgroup of follicular neoplasia (FN) patients who were candidates for thyroidectomy...
- Natural history, diagnosis, treatment and outcome of papillary thyroid microcarcinoma (PTMC): a mono-institutional 12-year experienceMaria Rosa Pelizzo
3rd Department of Surgery, University of Padova Medical School 2nd Nuclear Medicine Service, Padova, Italy
Nucl Med Commun 25:547-52. 2004..Close clinical and ultrasound follow-up is recommended, especially in patients who have undergone conservative surgery only...
- Papillary thyroid carcinoma: 35-year outcome and prognostic factors in 1858 patientsMaria Rosa Pelizzo
Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Italy
Clin Nucl Med 32:440-4. 2007..We aimed at assessing the prognostic factors and survival rate in a large cohort of patients treated and followed up in the same center...
- Contribution of SLN investigation with 99mTc-nanocolloid in clinical staging of thyroid cancer: technical feasibilityMaria Rosa Pelizzo
Nuclear Medicine, PET Unit, S Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Istituto Oncologico Veneto IOV, Viale Tre Martiri, 140, 45100, Rovigo, and Department of Surgical Science, University of Padova, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:934-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of preoperative 99mTc-nanocolloid lymphoscintigraphy and an intra-operative SLN procedure in the management of PTC patients...
- Characterization of the largest kindred with MEN2A due to a Cys609Ser RET mutationCaterina Mian
Endocrinology Unit, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Fam Cancer 8:379-82. 2009..In conclusion, at variance from what already known, in this large kindred the Cys609Ser RET mutation predispose to a scarcely aggressive, highly penetrant MTC and a low penetrance of pheochromocytoma and primary hyperparathyroidism...
- Can we avoid inadvertent parathyroidectomy during thyroid surgery?Nadia Sorgato
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
In Vivo 23:433-9. 2009....
- BRAF in primary and recurrent papillary thyroid cancers: the relationship with (131)I and 2-[(18)F]fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose uptake abilitySusi Barollo
Istituto Oncologico Veneto IRCCS, Padova, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 163:659-63. 2010..In a previous report, we showed that recurrent PTC with no radioiodine ((131)I) uptake are frequently associated with BRAF mutations, a low expression of thyroid-related genes and a high expression of glucose type-1 transporter gene...
- [The surgical treatment of the nodular goiter]Maria Rosa Pelizzo
UOC Patologia Speciale Chirurgica e Propedeutica Clinica, Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche e Chirurgiche, Policlinico Universitario, Padova
Ann Ital Chir 79:13-6. 2008..Prevalence of nodular goiter and results of surgical treatment in a large series of patients operated on at our center are reported...
- Factors influencing the rising rates of adrenal surgery: analysis of a 25-year experienceAntonio Toniato
Surgical Pathology Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Surg Endosc 23:503-7. 2009..There is still debate on the transperitoneal versus the retroperitoneal approach, the advantages and drawbacks of which are discussed here...
- Primary squamous cell carcinoma of the thyroid: immunohistochemical profile and literature reviewMatteo Fassan
Pathology Unit, Department of Medical Diagnostic Sciences and Special Therapies, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Tumori 93:518-21. 2007..Squamous cell carcinoma accounts for 1% of primary thyroid malignancies and is characterized by a rapidly unfavorable outcome...
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy for pheochromocytoma: is it really more difficult?Antonio Toniato
Institute of Surgical Pathology, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 2, Padua, 35128, Italy
Surg Endosc 21:1323-6. 2007..Laparoscopic adrenalectomy (LA) has become the gold standard technique for almost all the adrenal masses, but several Authors still debate about LA in pheochromocytoma...
- Green urine after intragastric balloon placement for the treatment of morbid obesityPaolo Bernante
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, 3rd Clinic of General Surgery, University of Padua, Italy
Obes Surg 13:951-3. 2003..The intragastric balloon is filled with saline and methylene blue dye, to detect balloon deflation early and prevent bowel obstruction, by monitoring the patient's urine for changes in color...
- Adrenocortical carcinoma: a 15-year survival after complete resection and repeated resection. A retrospective study in a patient with an expected poor prognosisRocco Orlando
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Via Giustiniani, 2, 35128 Padua, Italy
Anticancer Res 23:2929-31. 2003..A revision of both clinical and histological prognostic factors is therefore needed in patients with this type of malignancy...
- Characterization of a novel complex BRAF mutation in a follicular variant papillary thyroid carcinomaLuisa Barzon
Department of Histology, Microbiology, and Medical Biotechnologies, University of Padova, I 35121 Padova, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 159:77-80. 2008..The amino acid substitution V600E accounts for 90% of all oncogenic BRAF mutations and is typically detected in classic PTCs, whereas other less frequent BRAF mutations seem to be associated with other PTC histotypes...
- Radio-guided surgery of differentiated thyroid cancer using (131)I or 99mTc-SestamibiDomenico Rubello
Nucl Med Commun 27:1-4. 2006....
- Radioguided surgery of primary hyperparathyroidism using the low-dose 99mTc-sestamibi protocol: multiinstitutional experience from the Italian Study Group on Radioguided Surgery and Immunoscintigraphy (GISCRIS)Domenico Rubello
Nuclear Medicine Service, S Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Rovigo, Italy
J Nucl Med 46:220-6. 2005..The study was undertaken under the aegis of the Italian Study Group on Radioguided Surgery and Immunoscintigraphy (GISCRIS)...
- Transient false-negative tc-99m sestamibi parathyroid scintigraphy following total thyroidectomyDomenico Rubello
Nuclear Medicine Service, S Maria della Misericordia Rovigo Hospital, Rovigo, Italy
Clin Nucl Med 30:528-9. 2005
- Is thyroid suppression an effective procedure in improving preoperative sestamibi parathyroid scintigraphy?Domenico Rubello
Surgery 135:462-3. 2004
- Role of 99mTc-sestamibi SPECT in accurate selection of primary hyperparathyroid patients for minimally invasive radio-guided surgeryDomenico Rubello
Nuclear Medicine Service PET Unit, S Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Istituto Oncologico Veneto, Viale Tre Martiri, 140, 45100 Rovigo, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 33:1091-4. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical role or (99m)Tc-sestamibi SPECT in selecting patients for this procedure...
- Complications of thyroid surgery: analysis of a multicentric study on 14,934 patients operated on in Italy over 5 yearsLodovico Rosato
Department of Surgery, Endocrine Surgical Unit, Ivrea Hospital, Piazza della Credenza, 2 10015 Ivrea, Italy
World J Surg 28:271-6. 2004....
- Radio-guided surgery for non-131I-avid thyroid cancerDomenico Rubello
Nuclear Medicine Service PET Unit, S Maria della Misericordia Rovigo Hospital, Istituto Oncologico Veneto IOV, Rovigo, Italy
Thyroid 16:1105-11. 2006..In this paper we report in a larger series the use of radio-probe-guided surgery (RGS) in nonradioiodine avid, well-differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC)...
- Minimally invasive radioguided parathyroidectomy: an attractive therapeutic option for elderly patients with primary hyperparathyroidismDomenico Rubello
Nuclear Medicine Service, S Maria della Misericordia Rovigo Hospital, Azienda ULSS 18 Rovigo, Istituto Oncologico Veneto, Viale Tre Martiri 140, 45100 Rovigo, Italy
Nucl Med Commun 25:901-8. 2004..The aim of the present study was to define the efficacy of minimally invasive radioguided surgery (MIRS) in PHPT patients with a high probability of a solitary PA with particular regard to benefits achievable in elderly patients...
- Treatment of local and regional recurrences of differentiated thyroid cancer by radio-guided surgery with iodine-131Massimo Salvatori
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Policlinico Gemelli, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Roma, Italy
Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur 9:119-24. 2006..Day 7--post-surgery TxWBS was performed using the remaining radioactivity...
- Nuclear medicine and minimally invasive surgery of parathyroid adenomas: a fair marriageDominic Rubello
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 30:189-2. 2003
- Preoperative localization and radioguided parathyroid surgeryGiuliano Mariani
Regional Center of Nuclear Medicine, University of Pisa Medical School, Pisa, Italy
J Nucl Med 44:1443-58. 2003..Specific guidelines should be followed when selecting patients for gamma-probe-guided MIP...
- Aberrant inferior thyroid artery: two casesAntonio Toniato
Surgery 133:599. 2003
- Importance of early intraoperative parathyroid hormone assayAntonio Toniato
Arch Surg 139:343. 2004
- Selective activation of somatostatin receptor subtypes differentially modulates secretion and viability in human medullary thyroid carcinoma primary cultures: potential clinical perspectivesMaria Chiara Zatelli
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Advanced Therapies, University of Ferrara, Via Savonarola 9, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:2218-24. 2006..We previously demonstrated that somatostatin (SRIH) reduces cell growth in the human MTC cell line, TT, which expresses all SRIH receptor (SSTR) subtypes and responds differently to selective SSTR agonists...
- Identification of the nonrecurrent laryngeal nerve during thyroid surgery: 20-year experienceAntonio Toniato
Surgical Pathology, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Policlinico Universitario, University of Padua, School of Medicine, Via Giustiniani 2, Padua 35128, Italy
World J Surg 28:659-61. 2004..This can be done by carefully identifying all the thyroid structures and being suspicious of the presence of the abnormality when the inferior laryngeal nerve is not found in a classic position...
- [Diagnostic, therapeutic and healtcare management protocols in thyroid surgery. I consensus conference (UEC club)]Lodovico Rosato
S C di Chirurgia, UEC, Ospedale di Ivrea
Chir Ital 58:141-50. 2006....
- Galectin-3-expression analysis in the surgical selection of follicular thyroid nodules with indeterminate fine-needle aspiration cytology: a prospective multicentre studyArmando Bartolazzi
Department of Pathology, St Andrea University Hospital, Rome, Italy
Lancet Oncol 9:543-9. 2008..We aimed to assess the diagnostic effect of galectin-3 expression analysis in distinguishing preoperatively benign from malignant follicular thyroid nodules when FNA findings were indeterminate...