Affiliation: University of Bologna
- Imaging of the acute scrotumP Pavlica
Department of Radiology, University Hospital S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Eur Radiol 11:220-8. 2001..Magnetic resonance imaging is indicated when a small tear of tunica albuginea is suspected but not visualized on US...
- Imaging of male urethraPietro Pavlica
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Hospital M Malpighi, Via Palagi 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Eur Radiol 13:1583-96. 2003..The new imaging techniques in this area, such as sonography and MR, can provide adjunct information that cannot be obtained with other modalities...
- Sonography of the bladderPietro Pavlica
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Hospital S Orsola Malpighi, Via Palagi 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
World J Urol 22:328-34. 2004..Sonography can be used to explore patients with stress incontinence and those with abdominal trauma. The ureterovesical junction may be clearly examined by US and the pathology of the papilla clearly defined...
- Female paraurethral leiomyoma: ultrasonographic and magnetic resonance imaging findingsP Pavlica
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Hospital S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Acta Radiol 45:796-8. 2004..The benign nature of the lesion was suspected on the basis of transvaginal ultrasonography and magnetic resonance imaging. Surgical enucleation was performed and light microscopy showed a well-differentiated smooth muscle tumor...
- Nonspecific granulomatous prostatitisP Pavlica
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Hospital S Orsola Malpighi, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Ultraschall Med 26:203-8. 2005..Several questions remain unanswered regarding the relationship between chronic prostatitis and prostatic carcinoma, natural history, the need for specific therapy and also the follow-up of this disease...
- Usefulness of the (F/T)/PSA density ratio to detect prostate cancerSalvatore Veneziano
Department of Radiology, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Urol Int 74:13-8. 2005..To improve the specificity of PSA, a new parameter, based on the combination of free/total PSA (F/T) with PSA density, is proposed...
- Repeat biopsy in patients with initial diagnosis of PINMassimo De Matteis
Dipartimento Area Radiologica, Azienda Ospedaliera Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna
Radiol Med 110:190-8. 2005..A PIN diagnosis established by prostate needle biopsy poses a difficult clinical management problem. We retrospectively reviewed our three-year experience in order to identify criteria for referring patients to repeat biopsy...
- Clinical uroradiology: the standardisation of terminology for lower urinary tract function and dysfunctionL Barozzi
UO di Radiologia, Dipartimento Emergenza Urgenza, Chirurgia Generale e dei Trapianti, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Radiol Med 115:272-86. 2010....
- Contrast-enhanced US evaluation in patients with blunt abdominal trauma()M Valentino
Section of Radiology, Department of Emergency, General Surgery and Transplantation, S Orsola Malpighi University Hospital, Bologna, Italy
J Ultrasound 13:22-7. 2010..To evaluate the use of contrast-enhanced ultrasonography (CEUS) in patients with blunt abdominal trauma...
- Contrast-enhanced US of the prostate with time/intensity curves: Preliminary resultsM Valentino
Department of Radiology, University of Bologna, Ospedale Sant Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
J Ultrasound 11:8-11. 2008..To evaluate the diagnostic performance of ultrasonography using second-generation contrast agent in the study of patients with focal prostate lesions and increased serum prostate-specific antigen (PSA) level...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasonography in blunt abdominal trauma: considerations after 5 years of experienceM Valentino
U O Radiologia, Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Radiol Med 114:1080-93. 2009..The aim of the study was to evaluate the diagnostic capability of contrast-enhanced ultrasonography (CEUS) in a large series of patients with blunt abdominal trauma...
- New imaging of the anterior male urethraP Pavlica
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Hospital M Malpighi, Via Palagi 9, I 40138 Bologna, Italy
Abdom Imaging 28:180-6. 2003..The clinical use of the new imaging modalities in the male anterior urethra is limited despite their demonstrated accuracy in diagnosis and presurgical staging of different diseases...
- Painful penile induration: imaging findings and managementMichele Bertolotto
Department of Radiology, University of Trieste, Ospedale di Cattinara, Trieste, Italy
Radiographics 29:477-93. 2009..Magnetic resonance imaging is the optimal imaging modality for tumor staging. Other imaging modalities are required less frequently...
- Hematoma into peritoneum following transrectal echo-guide prostate biopsy inducing lower abdominal and urinary tract symptomsAlessandro Bertaccini
Department of Urology, University of Bologna, Italy
Arch Ital Urol Androl 78:29-31. 2006..In fact, this is considered a safe procedure in which generally mild complications occur and they stop spontaneously...
- Imaging of urinary bladder herniasLorenzo E Bacigalupo
DICMI Radiologia, University of Genova, Largo R Benzi, 8, Genova I 16132, Italy
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:546-51. 2005
- Consensus conference about imaging of Benign Prostatic HypertrophyGino Gozzi
Dipartimento di Diagnostica per Immagini, Azienda Ospedaliera S Anna, Como
Radiol Med 110:179-89. 2005