A M Paoletti
Affiliation: University of Palermo
- Large twisted ovarian fibroma associated with Meigs' syndrome, abdominal pain and severe anemia treated by laparoscopic surgeryAntonio Maccio
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Businco Hospital, Regional Referral Center for Cancer Disease, via Edward Jenner, Cagliari 09121, Italy
BMC Surg 14:38. 2014..Meigs' syndrome always requires surgical treatment. However, the optimal approach for its management has not been sufficiently investigated...
- Psychological effect of the oral contraceptive formulation containing 3 mg of drospirenone plus 30 microg of ethinyl estradiolAnna Maria Paoletti
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Fertil Steril 81:645-51. 2004....
- Evidence that cyproterone acetate improves psychological symptoms and enhances the activity of the dopaminergic system in postmenopauseA M Paoletti
Clinica Ginecologica Ostetrica e di Fisiopatologia della Riproduzione Umana del Dipartimento Chirurgico Materno Infantile e di Scienze delle Immagini, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:608-12. 2001..Although it is likely that the improvement in psychological symptoms with EV and CPA was due to progestin, we cannot rule out the possibility that greater estrogen exposure may have played a role...
- Uterine perfusion and hormonal pattern in patients with polycystic ovary syndromeS Ajossa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cagliari, Ospedale San Giovanni di Dio, Via Ospedale 46, 09124, Cagliari, Italy
J Assist Reprod Genet 18:436-40. 2001..To evaluate whether polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) patients with different pulsatility index (PI) of uterine artery showed differences in their hormonal pattern...
- Evidence that treatment with monophasic oral contraceptive formulations containing ethinylestradiol plus gestodene reduces bone resorption in young womenA M Paoletti
Istituto di Ginecologia Ostetricia e Fisiopatologia della Riproduzione Umana, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Italy
Contraception 61:259-63. 2000....
- The treatment of polycystic ovary syndromeS Ajossa
Section of Gynecology and Obstetrics and of Human Reproduction Fisiology, Department of Maternal Infantile Surgery and Imaging Sciences, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Minerva Ginecol 56:15-26. 2004..Weight reduction and exercise could also improve not only menstrual disturbances and infertility, but also insulin resistance and its adverse metabolic con-sequences...
- Study of myocardial contractility by pulsed wave Doppler tissue imaging does not reveal an inotropic effect of estrogen at physiologic doseG Mercuro
Institute of Cardiology, and Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy
Am J Cardiol 83:1677-9, A7. 1999..Thus, at least when acutely administered, estrogen seems to be unable to determine hemodynamic changes at the myocardial level, in opposition to what occurs in the peripheral vascular system...
- Influence of vaginal danazol on uterine and brain perfusion during hormonal replacement therapyS Guerriero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Menopause 8:424-8. 2001....
- Comparison of pharmacokinetic profiles of a 17 beta-estradiol gel 0.6 mg/g (Gelestra) with a transdermal delivery system (Estraderm TTS 50) in postmenopausal women at steady stateA M Paoletti
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cagliari, Ospedale San Giovanni di Dio, Via Ospedale 46, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Maturitas 40:203-9. 2001....
- Low androgenization index in elderly women and elderly men with Alzheimer's diseaseA M Paoletti
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cagliari, Italy
Neurology 62:301-3. 2004..Factors involved in the increase of SHBG secretion could have an important role in the lower testosterone availability of subjects with AD...
- [Duloxetine in the treatment of urinary incontinence in women]S Lello
Clinica Ginecologica Ostetrica e di Fisiopatologia della Riproduzione Umana, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Cagliari
Minerva Ginecol 56:349-52. 2004..Duloxetine, a selective serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor (SNRI), can act effectively in treating stress urinary incontinence...
- Transvaginal ultrasonography associated with colour Doppler energy in the diagnosis of hydrosalpinxS Guerriero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Hum Reprod 15:1568-72. 2000..Inter- and intra-observer agreement, expressed in terms of k-values, was high (0.87 and 0.93 respectively). In conclusion, transvaginal ultrasonography alone is a useful method of detection of hydrosalpinx...
- ChorioamnionitisG B Melis
Clinica Ginecologica Ostetrica e de Fidiopatologia della Riproduzione Umana, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
J Chemother 19:17-9. 2007..In the presence of a previous chorioamnionitis, antibiotic treatment cannot prevent premature labor, whereas it can prevent infection and lead to a longer duration of pregnancy if PROM does not depend on previous infection...
- Hyperinsulinemia and uterine perfusion in patients with polycystic ovary syndromeS Ajossa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology of the University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 20:276-80. 2002..To determine whether hyperinsulinemia has a negative effect on uterine blood supply in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- Changes in GABAA receptor gamma 2 subunit gene expression induced by long-term administration of oral contraceptives in ratsP Follesa
Department of Experimental Biology, University of Cagliari, 09100 Cagliari, Italy
Neuropharmacology 42:325-36. 2002..In rats this effect was associated with a plastic adaptation of GABA(A) receptor gene expression in the rat cerebral cortex...
- Glucose metabolism and insulin resistance in women with polycystic ovary syndrome during therapy with oral contraceptives containing cyproterone acetate or desogestrelA Cagnacci
Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Policlinico di Modena, 41100 Modena, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:3621-5. 2003..48; P < 0.04). The present study indicates that EE/CPA improves SI, whereas EE/DSG impairs SI, but improves insulin clearance. The long-term metabolic effects of these two compounds on women with PCOS require further investigations...