Affiliation: University of Cagliari
- The role of stress in the pathophysiology of the dopaminergic systemL Pani
CNR Center for Neuropharmacology and BB Brodie Department of Neuroscience, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Mol Psychiatry 5:14-21. 2000..Thus it appears that a critical range of DA turnover is necessary for optimal cognitive functioning after stress, in the response of the CNS to ever-changing environmental demands. Molecular Psychiatry (2000) 5, 14-21...
- The substituted benzamides and their clinical potential on dysthymia and on the negative symptoms of schizophreniaL Pani
Center for Neuropharmacology, National Research Council, Neuroscienze Scarl, Via Porcell 4, 09124 I Cagliari, Italy
Mol Psychiatry 7:247-53. 2002..Interestingly, recent evidence in the literature suggests that depressive episodes belonging to the bipolar spectrum are among "alternative indications" of other atypical antipsychotics such as olanzapine and risperidone...
- Is there an evolutionary mismatch between the normal physiology of the human dopaminergic system and current environmental conditions in industrialized countries?L Pani
CNR Center for Neuropharmacology, BB Brodie Department of Neuroscience, University of Cagliari and Neuroscienze Scarl, Italy
Mol Psychiatry 5:467-75. 2000....
- Evidence for co-release of noradrenaline and dopamine from noradrenergic neurons in the cerebral cortexP Devoto
Department of Neuroscience BB Brodie, University of Cagliari, Via Porcell 4, I 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Mol Psychiatry 6:657-64. 2001..The co-release of NA and DA seems to be controlled by alpha(2)-receptors located on NA nerve terminals...
- Cannabinoid receptor CB1 mRNA is highly expressed in the rat ciliary body: implications for the antiglaucoma properties of marihuanaA Porcella
Center for Neuropharmacology, C N R and B B Brodie Department of Neuroscience, University of Cagliari, via Porcell, 09124 I Cagliari, Italy
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 58:240-5. 1998..06+/-0.005% of beta2m). CB2 mRNA was undetectable. This expression pattern supports a specific role for the CB1 receptor in controlling intraocular pressure, helping to explain the antiglaucoma property of cannabinoids...
- The R100Q mutation of the GABA(A) alpha(6) receptor subunit may contribute to voluntary aversion to ethanol in the sNP rat lineL Saba
Neuroscienze S.c.a.r.l, Cagliari, Italy
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 87:263-70. 2001....
- (-)S amisulpride binds with high affinity to cloned dopamine D(3) and D(2) receptorsM P Castelli
Neuroscienze S c a r l, Via Palabanda 9, 09124 I, Cagliari, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 432:143-7. 2001..Our results show that (-)S amisulpride is the active enantiomer of amisulpride, showing high affinity for dopamine D(3) and dopamine D(2) receptors...
- Clinical implications of dopamine research in schizophreniaL Pani
Department of Neurosciences, University of Cagliari, Italy
Curr Med Res Opin 18:s3-7. 2002....
- The need for individualised antipsychotic drug therapy in patients with schizophreniaL Pani
Sect of Neuropharmacology, Institute of Biomedical Technologies, National Researches Council, and PharmaNess Scarl, Scientific Park of Sardinia, Pula, Cagliari, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 13:453-9. 2009....
- Lead intoxication during intrauterine life and lactation but not during adulthood reduces nucleus accumbens dopamine release as studied by brain microdialysisP Devoto
B.B. Brodie' Department of Neuroscience, Center for Neuropharmacology, University of Cagliari, via Porcell, 09124-I, Cagliari, Italy
Toxicol Lett 121:199-206. 2001..These data indicate a preferential impairment of NAC DA synthesis and/or release in rats exposed to Pb acetate during their intrauterine life...
- The human eye expresses high levels of CB1 cannabinoid receptor mRNA and proteinA Porcella
Center for Neuropharmacology, C N R and B B Brodie Department of Neuroscience, University of Cagliari, and Neuroscienze Scarl, Cagliari, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 12:1123-7. 2000..These results further support the proposed role of the CB1 receptor in controlling intraocular pressure, helping to explain the antiglaucoma properties of marijuana...
- A comparison of continuous subcutaneous paliperidone infusion and repeated subcutaneous injection of risperidone free-base in ratsG Marchese
Institute of Biomedical Technology, Technological Park of Sardinia Sardegna Ricerche, Cagliari, Italy
Eur Psychiatry 25:92-100. 2010....