Affiliation: University of Turin
- [Post-thyroidectomy cervical hematoma]N Palestini
Divisione di Chirurgia Generale, Dipartimento di Discipline Medico Chirurgiche, Universita degli Studi di Torino, Ospedale Molinette, Corso A M Dogliotti 14, 10126 Turin, Italy
Minerva Chir 60:37-46. 2005..Postoperative hematoma is a complications of thyroid surgery uncommon but potentially life threatening. It has implications for the trend toward outpatient procedures...
- [Surgical treatment of Graves' disease: results in 108 patients]N Palestini
Dipartimento di Discipline Medico Chirurgiche, Sezione di Chirurgia Generale, Universita degli Studi di Torino
Ann Ital Chir 76:13-8. 2005..To evaluate morbidity and functional results of surgical treatment in patients with Graves' disease...
- Thyroidectomy for Graves' hyperthyroidism. Retrospective study of patients' appreciationNicola Palestini
General Surgery I Unit, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 78:405-12. 2007..To retrospectively investigate the patients' views of surgical treatment of Graves' hyperthyroidism...
- Is central neck dissection a safe procedure in the treatment of papillary thyroid cancer? Our experienceN Palestini
General Surgery 1, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Turin, Ospedale Molinette, Corso Dogliotti 14, 10126, Turin, Italy
Langenbecks Arch Surg 393:693-8. 2008..The role of central neck dissection in the treatment of papillary thyroid carcinoma is debated. This retrospective investigation was undertaken to assess whether it augments total thyroidectomy morbidity...
- [Treatment of familial medullary thyroid carcinoma]N Palestini
Dipartimento di Discipline Medico Chirurgiche, SCU Chirurgia Generale V, Universita degli Studi di Torino, Torino, Italy
Minerva Chir 58:801-9. 2003..Chemotherapy and external radiotherapy have little impact on the course of avanced disease; more promising is metabolic radiotherapy with Y90-DOTATOC in patients with somatostatin receptor-positive tumours...
- Poorly differentiated carcinomas of the thyroid with trabecular, insular, and solid patterns: a clinicopathologic study of 183 patientsMarco Volante
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Oncology, University of Turin, Torino, Italy
Cancer 100:950-7. 2004..Conversely, some authors pointed out that PD carcinomas are characterized by unequivocal, high-grade histology with atypias, high mitotic counts, and necrosis rather than by a specific growth pattern...
- Thyroid metastasis after resection of atypical bronchial carcinoidPier Luigi Filosso
Department of Thoracic Surgery, University of Torino, Turin, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:1840-3. 2004
- Anaplastic thyroid carcinoma: clinical outcome of 30 consecutive patients referred to a single institution in the past 5 yearsEnrico Brignardello
Oncological Endocrinology Unit, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, Turin, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 156:425-30. 2007..We retrospectively report the clinical outcome of 30 ATC patients referred consecutively to the Oncological Endocrinology Unit of San Giovanni Battista Hospital (Turin, Italy) between 2000 and 2005...
- Galectin-3-expression analysis in the surgical selection of follicular thyroid nodules with indeterminate fine-needle aspiration cytology: a prospective multicentre studyArmando Bartolazzi
Department of Pathology, St Andrea University Hospital, Rome, Italy
Lancet Oncol 9:543-9. 2008..We aimed to assess the diagnostic effect of galectin-3 expression analysis in distinguishing preoperatively benign from malignant follicular thyroid nodules when FNA findings were indeterminate...