Affiliation: University of Padova
- High-energy laser therapy of Barrett's esophagus: preliminary resultsLorenzo Norberto
Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterologiche, Clinica Chirurgica Generale I, Universita di Padova, Via Giustiniani 2, 35128 Padua, Italy
World J Surg 28:350-4. 2004..Further studies are necessary to quantify its effect on cancer incidence...
- Laser photoablation of colorectal adenomas: a 12-year experienceL Norberto
Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterologiche, Clinica Chirurgica Generale I, Universita di Padova, 35128 Padova, Italy
Surg Endosc 19:1045-8. 2005..We analyze laser photoablation as an alternative treatment of large sessile polyps in inoperable patients...
- A randomized study comparing ligation with propranolol for primary prophylaxis of variceal bleeding in candidates for liver transplantationLorenzo Norberto
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, 1st Surgical Clinic, Surgical Endoscopy Unit, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Liver Transpl 13:1272-8. 2007..Our results suggest that banding should not be utilized as primary prophylaxis in transplant candidates who can be treated with BB...
- Gastrointestinal telangiectasia: a study by EGD, colonoscopy, and capsule endoscopy in 75 patientsL Polese
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, University of Padova, Italy
Endoscopy 40:23-9. 2008..The distribution of lesions in the gastrointestinal tract in patients with sporadic telangiectasia is at present unknown...
- Hormone receptor rate, MIB-1 score and serum tumour markers CEA and CA 15-3 relationship in elderly women with pT1-2 breast cancerFranco Lumachi
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, University of Padua, School of Medicine, 35128 Padova, Italy
Anticancer Res 30:4701-4. 2010..These data suggest that only MIB-1 index should be considered an effective parameter for assessing tumour proliferation...
- [Ruptured aneurysms of the abdominal aorta: from the First Aid to the Operating Room. Changing concepts]Mauro Frego
Clinica Chirurgica I, Universita degli Studi di Padova
Ann Ital Chir 78:277-81. 2007....
- Axillary node sampling in conjunction with sentinel node biopsy in patients with breast cancer. A prospective preliminary studyFranco Lumachi
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, University of Padua, School of Medicine, Via Giustiniani 2, 35128 Padova, Italy
Anticancer Res 31:693-7. 2011....
- Endoscopic treatment of bile duct complications after orthotopic liver transplantationL Polese
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, 1st Surgical Clinic, Surgical Endoscopy Unit, Padova University, Padova, Italy
Transplant Proc 39:1942-4. 2007..To assess the indications and results of endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography (ERCP) in patients who have undergone ortotopic liver transplantation (OLT)...
- Yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser therapy of esophageal granular cell tumorL Norberto
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, Surgical Endoscopy Unit, Clinica Chirurgica 1, University of Padua, Italy
Surg Endosc 16:361-2. 2002..Endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS) is a diagnostic support. The best treatment for esophageal GCT is not yet clear, whether surgical excision, periodic observation, endoscopic excision, or yttrium-aluminum-garnet (YAG) laser therapy...
- Oesophageal cancer treated by photodynamic therapy alone or followed by radiation therapyF Calzavara
Department of Radiotherapy, General Hospital, Padova, Italy
J Photochem Photobiol B 6:167-74. 1990..This paper briefly describes 21 cases of superficial oesophageal cancer. A complete response was observed in 11 of 21 cases. Radiation therapy appeared to be very effective as a salvage treatment of non-response patients...
- Report on a case of Rothmund-Thomson syndrome associated with esophageal stenosisL Polese
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences Department of Medical Diagnostic Sciences and Special Therapies, Pathology Unit, Via Giustiniani 2, University of Padova, Padua, Italy
Dis Esophagus 24:E41-4. 2011..This is a report describing a patient diagnosed with RTS referred to us because of dysphagia caused by esophageal stenosis. Long-term results of endoscopic dilation are also presented...
- The Veneto Region's Barrett's Oesophagus Registry: aims, methods, preliminary resultsG Zaninotto
Department of General Surgery and Organ Transplantation, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 39:18-25. 2007..A Barrett's Oeosphagus Registry has been therefore established in the Veneto Region and neighbouring provinces...
- Risk factors of endoleak following endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm. A multicentric retrospective studyMauro Frego
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, University of Padua, School of Medicine, Padova, Italy
In Vivo 21:1099-102. 2007..In conclusion, in our study, being overweight, arterial hypertension and the initial size of the aneurysm represent risk factors for EL development...
- Laser therapy and surgical treatment in transfusion-dependent patients with upper-gastrointestinal vascular ectasiaLino Polese
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, First Surgical Clinic, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Lasers Med Sci 21:140-6. 2006....
- Persistence of high CD40 and CD40L expression after restorative proctocolectomy for ulcerative colitisLino Polese
Clinica Chirurgica I, Policlinico Universitario, Via Giustiniani 2, Padova 35128, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 11:5303-8. 2005..To focus on the role of CD40 and CD40L in their pathogenesis...
- Surgical predictors of recurrence of Crohn's disease after ileocolonic resectionMarco Scarpa
Clinica Chirurgica I, Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterologiche, Policlinico Universitario, Universita di Padova, Via Giustiniani 2, 35128 Padova, Italy
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:1061-9. 2007..Secondary end points were to identify any possible predictor that would help the selection of patients for medical prophylaxis...
- Endoscopic dilation of benign esophageal strictures in a surgical unit: a report on 95 casesLino Polese
Gastroenterological and Surgical Department, First Surgical Clinic, Padua University, Italy
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 17:477-81. 2007..Improvement of dysphagia, the number of sessions, and recurrence were significantly better in the patients with postsurgical stenosis as compared with those affected by caustic, peptic, and radiation-induced strictures...