Affiliation: University of Genoa
- Sequence specific peptidomimetic molecules inhibitors of a protein-protein interaction at the helix 1 level of c-MycErika Nieddu
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV, Genoa 16132, Italy
FASEB J 19:632-4. 2005..RI-Int-H1-S6A,F8A-loop-H2 was less active rather than more active in respect to RI-Int-VV-H1-S6A,F8A, apparently because it has a clear bent to form a beta-sheet (CD and NMR data)...
- Interfering with protein-protein contact: molecular interaction maps and peptide modulatorsErika Nieddu
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Genoa, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Curr Top Med Chem 7:21-32. 2007..Therefore, peptides mimicking the interacting zone can be considered as potential leads in the rational design of effective molecules. Here different examples of peptides as protein-protein interaction inhibitors are reported...
- The search for a common structural moiety among selected pharmacological correctors of the mutant CFTR chloride channelErika Nieddu
Department of Pharmacy, University of Genova, Viale Benedetto XV, 3 16132 Genova, Italy
Future Med Chem 6:1857-68. 2014..The F508del mutation impairs the trafficking of CFTR from endoplasmic reticulum to plasma membrane and is responsible of a severe form of cystic fibrosis. Trafficking can be improved by small organic molecules called 'correctors'...
- 2-(dialkylamino)-4H-1-benzopyran-4-one derivatives modify chloride conductance in CFTR expressing cellsMauro Mazzei
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Viale Benedetto XV, 3 16132 Genoa, Italy
Farmaco 58:961-70. 2003..Among the tested compounds the dinitrile derivatives 8 and 9 are endowed with an activity comparable to the reference compound apigenin...
- F508del-CFTR rescue: a matter of cell stress responseErika Nieddu
Pharmacy Department, University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV 3, Genoa, Italy
Curr Pharm Des 19:3476-96. 2013..The identification of a common mechanism of action for different types of correctors could drive the discovery of new active molecules in CF, overcoming methods clinically inapplicable, such as the low temperature...
- Asymmetric 4-aryl-1,4-dihydropyridines potentiate mutant cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR)Michele Giampieri
Department of Pharmacy, University of Genova, Viale Benedetto XV, 3, 16132 Genova, Italy
ChemMedChem 7:1799-807. 2012..It is probable that the degree of DHP asymmetry considered in our analysis is still insufficient with respect to that allowed in a putative DHP binding site in CFTR, so that the site could equally accommodate both enantiomers...
- Activity of Mannich bases of 7-hydroxycoumarin against FlaviviridaeMauro Mazzei
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Viale Benedetto XV, 3, 16132 Genova, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem 16:2591-605. 2008..The good correlation between calculated molecular modeling IC(50) and experimental EC(50) indicates that DNA polymerase is potentially involved in the inhibition of surrogate HCV viruses...
- Antihypertensive 1,4-dihydropyridines as correctors of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator channel gating defect caused by cystic fibrosis mutationsNicoletta Pedemonte
Laboratorio di Genetica Molecolare, Istituto Giannina Gaslini, L go Gerolamo Gaslini, 5, 16147 Genova, Italy
Mol Pharmacol 68:1736-46. 2005..DHP activity was confirmed in airway epithelial cells from patients with CF. DHPs may represent a novel class of therapeutic agents able to correct the defect caused by a set of CF mutations...