Affiliation: University of Cagliari
- High meat consumption is associated with type 1 diabetes mellitus in a Sardinian case-control studySandro Muntoni
Unit of Oncology and Molecular Pathology, Department of Toxicology, University of Cagliari, Via Porcell 4, 09124, Cagliari, Italy
Acta Diabetol 50:713-9. 2013..High meat consumption seems to be an important early in life cofactor for type 1 diabetes development, although these findings need to be confirmed in wider prospective follow-up studies. ..
- Heterozygosity for lysosomal acid lipase E8SJM mutation and serum lipid concentrationsSa Muntoni
Department of Toxicology, Oncology and Molecular Pathology Unit, University of Cagliari, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 23:732-6. 2013..894 G > A, E8SJM), the CESD leading mutation, is not rare in the general population (allele frequency 0.0025), we investigated the impact of this mutation on serum lipid profile in E8SJM carriers...
- Risk factors for cardiovascular disease in Sardinia from 1978 to 2001: a comparative study with Italian mainlandSandro Muntoni
Department of Toxicology, Unit of Oncology and Molecular Pathology, University School of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Eur J Intern Med 20:373-7. 2009..This study is a survey of cardiovascular risk factors in Sardinia in the years 1999-2001 and allows us to update previously observed trends of such factors and to compare them with those in the Italian mainland...
- Prevalence of diagnosed and undiagnosed diabetes mellitus and impaired fasting glucose in SardiniaSa Muntoni
Department of Toxicology, Unit of Oncology and Molecular Pathology, University School of Cagliari, Via Porcell 4, 09124, Cagliari, Italy
Acta Diabetol 46:227-31. 2009..8%), UD (+56.9%), DD (+55.7%), and TD (+57.9%). Thus Sardinia participates in the worldwide increase in prevalence of diabetes and its microvascular, macrovascular, and socioeconomic consequences...
- Serum lipoproteins and cancerS Muntoni
Department of Toxicology, Oncology and Molecular Pathology Unit, University School of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 19:218-25. 2009..The mechanism and meaning of these changes are, however, not fully understood. The aim of the present study was to determine relationships between cancer progression and serum lipoproteins...
- Epidemiological association between some dietary habits and the increasing incidence of type 1 diabetes worldwideSergio Muntoni
Centre for Metabolic Disease and Atherosclerosis, The ME DI CO Association, University of Cagliari Medical School, Cagliari, Italy
Ann Nutr Metab 50:11-9. 2006..However, its increasing incidence is environmentally determined. Our aim was to describe the role of nutritional habits and of gene-nutrient interactions in the rising incidence of TID...
- Gene-nutrient interactions in type 1 diabetesSergio Muntoni
Center for Metabolic Diseases and Atherosclerosis, The ME DI CO Association, Cagliari, University Medical School, Cagliari, Italy
World Rev Nutr Diet 93:188-209. 2004
- Nutritional factors and worldwide incidence of childhood type 1 diabetesS Muntoni
Center for Metabolic Diseases and Atherosclerosis, Ministero dell Università e della Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica, The ME DI CO Association, Cagliari, Italy
Am J Clin Nutr 71:1525-9. 2000..Some dietary factors have been associated with the risk of type 1 diabetes in childhood...
- New insights into the epidemiology of type 1 diabetes in Mediterranean countriesS Muntoni
Centre for Metabolic Diseases and Atherosclerosis, ME DI CO Association of Cagliari, Italy
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 15:133-40. 1999....
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency protects against coronary heart diseaseL Meloni
Department of Cardiovascular and Neurological Sciences, Heart Unit, University School of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
J Inherit Metab Dis 31:412-7. 2008....
- Nitrate in community water supplies and incidence of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in Sardinia, ItalyP Cocco
Department of Public Health, Occupational Health, University of Cagliari, Italy
J Epidemiol Community Health 57:510-1. 2003
- Serum lipoprotein pattern as modified in G6PD-deficient children during haemolytic anaemia induced by fava bean ingestionS Dessi
Istituto di Patologia Sperimentale, University of Cagliari, Italy
Int J Exp Pathol 73:157-60. 1992..These changes appear to be a consequence of the disease, probably due to an increased utilization of cholesterol by proliferating cells...
- Seasonality of birth in patients with type 1 diabetesSa Muntoni
Lancet 359:1246; author reply 1247-8. 2002