Affiliation: University of Rome Tor Vergata
- A novel form of non-X-linked hyperigm associated with growth and pubertal disturbances and with lymphoma developmentViviana Moschese
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
J Pediatr 148:404-6. 2006..We report on two female patients affected by a novel syndrome associating HIGM, growth and pubertal disturbances, and severe lymphoid hyperplasia with eventual development into lymphomas, suggesting a DNA repair defect...
- Screening of functional and positional candidate genes in families with common variable immunodeficiencyUlrich Salzer
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Medical School, University Hospital Freiburg, Hugstetterstr, 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
BMC Immunol 9:3. 2008..The recent discovery that some CVID patients show monogenic defects in the genes encoding ICOS, TACI or CD19 prompted us to investigate several functional candidate genes in individuals with CVID...
- A prospective study on children with initial diagnosis of transient hypogammaglobulinemia of infancy: results from the Italian Primary Immunodeficiency NetworkV Moschese
Department of Pediatrics, Policlinico Tor Vergata, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, Rome, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 21:343-52. 2008..Early recognition of children with hypogammaglobulinemia during infancy who are likely to suffer from permanent immunodeficiencies later in life would allow prompt and appropriate laboratory and clinical interventions...
- Correlation of Der p 2 T-cell responses with clinical characteristics of children allergic to house dust miteValentina Pacciani
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Children s Hospital Bambino Gesu, Rome, Italy
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 109:442-7. 2012..An understanding of the mechanisms responsible for the development and maintenance of allergic inflammation and their clinical implications is needed to develop specific and successful treatment for allergy...
- Happy air®, a successful school-based asthma educational and interventional program for primary school childrenLoredana Chini
Allergologia ed Immunologia Pediatrica, Policlinico Tor Vergata, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Asthma 48:419-26. 2011..To investigate whether an active partnership between schools, parents, and pediatricians can improve the management of asthma and quality of life of children with asthma...
- Identification of a Btk mutation in a dysgammaglobulinemic patient with reduced B cells: XLA diagnosis or not?Simona Graziani
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Clin Immunol 128:322-8. 2008..Either this case confirms the variable expressivity of XLA disease or the T316A change in Btk SH2 domain is a novel non-pathogenic mutation and another unknown gene alteration is responsible for the disease...
- Dendritic cells modification during sublingual immunotherapy in children with allergic symptoms to house dust mitesFederica Angelini
Division of Pediatrics, Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
World J Pediatr 7:24-30. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate whether the success of sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) in allergic asthma is mediated by the induction of changes of DCs functions...
- Induction of anergic allergen-specific suppressor T cells using tolerogenic dendritic cells derived from children with allergies to house dust mitesValentina Pacciani
Department of Pediatric Medicine, Immuno Infectivology Unit, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
J Allergy Clin Immunol 125:727-36. 2010..IL-10 is a potent immunosuppressive cytokine that induces type 1 regulatory (Tr1) T cells...
- Evaluation of the relevance of humoral immunodeficiencies in a pediatric population affected by recurrent infectionsAndrea Finocchi
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital Bambino Gesu, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 13:443-7. 2002..Long-term follow-up with repeated determinations of antibody levels is crucial, however, to detect those defects that might evolve into more complex immunodeficiencies...
- Happy Air: a school-based educational program to maximize detection of asthma in childrenL Chini
Policlinico Tor Vergata, Centro Interdisciplinare di Pediatria Specialistica Allergologia e Immunologia, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Asthma 45:197-200. 2008..To investigate whether an active partnership among school, parents, and pediatricians allows early identification and treatment of asthmatic children...
- Identification of nine novel mutations in the Bruton's tyrosine kinase gene in X-linked agammaglobulinaemia patientsP Orlandi
Dept of Pediatrics, Division of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital Bambino Gesu, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Hum Mutat 15:117. 2000..These data support the high molecular heterogeneity of BTK gene in XLA disease and provide new insight to the diagnosis and to the role of BTK domain in XLA and in B cell signal transduction and development. Hum Mutat 15:117, 2000...
- Insight into B cell development and differentiationV Moschese
Department of Pediatrics, Laboratory of Pediatric Immunology and Biotechnology, University of Tor Vergata, Cattedra di Pediatria, Rome, Italy
Acta Paediatr Suppl 93:48-51. 2004..A few components involved in B cell development, maturation and differentiation and their specific functional role are at least partially known, but these are far from fitting into an understandable pathway at present...
- Co-localization of susceptibility loci for psoriasis (PSORS4) and atopic dermatitis (ATOD2) on human chromosome 1q21Emiliano Giardina
Department of Biopathology and Centre of Excellence for Genomic Risk Assessment in Multifactorial and Complex Diseases, School of Medicine, Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
Hum Hered 61:229-36. 2006..However, expression profiles of LOR in skin biopsies have shown reduced levels in PS and increased levels in ATOD, suggesting the existence of a specific misregulation in LOR mRNA production...
- Temporary henna tattoo is unsafe in atopic childrenStefania Corrente
Pediatric Allergology and Immunology Center, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Policlinico Tor Vergata, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
Acta Paediatr 96:469-71. 2007..Patch testing revealed a strong reaction to PPD, a substance commonly contained in temporary henna tattoo preparations...
- Bruton's tyrosine kinase defect in dendritic cells from X-linked agammaglobulinaemia patients does not influence their differentiation, maturation and antigen-presenting cell functionM C Gagliardi
Division of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital Bambino Gesu, Department of Paediatrics, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Clin Exp Immunol 133:115-22. 2003..In conclusion, these data indicate that Btk defect is not involved in DC differentiation and maturation, and that XLA-DC can act as fully competent antigen presenting cells in T cell-mediated immune responses...
- X-chromosome inactivation and mutation pattern in the Bruton's tyrosine kinase gene in patients with X-linked agammaglobulinemia. Italian XLA Collaborative GroupV Moschese
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rome Tor Vergata, School of Medicine, Children s Hospital Bambino Gesu, Italy
Mol Med 6:104-13. 2000..We performed BTK gene mutation analysis in 37 males with presumed XLA and analyzed the pattern of X-chromosome inactivation (XCI) in 31 mothers to evaluate the relevance of these approaches to diagnosis and genetic counseling...
- Memory B-cell subsets as a predictive marker of outcome in hypogammaglobulinemia during infancyViviana Moschese
J Allergy Clin Immunol 120:474-6. 2007
- Clinical, immunological, and molecular analysis in a large cohort of patients with X-linked agammaglobulinemia: an Italian multicenter studyAlessandro Plebani
Dipartimento di Pediatria, Universita di Brescia, Italy
Clin Immunol 104:221-30. 2002..Sistemic infections such as sepsis and meningitis/meningoencephalitis decreased over follow-up, probably due to optimal protection provided by high circulating IgG levels reached with IVIG...