Affiliation: University of Messina
- Franchina F, Machado M, Tranchida P, Zini C, CaramÃ£o E, Mondello L. Determination of aromatic sulphur compounds in heavy gas oil by using (low-)flow modulated comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography-triple quadrupole mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A. 2015;1387:86-94 pubmed publisher..The highest limit of quantification was calculated to be 299 Î¼g/L (for the C1-benzothiophene class), while the lowest was 21 Î¼g/L (for the C4-benzothiophene class). ..
- Donato P, Rigano F, Cacciola F, Schure M, Farnetti S, Russo M, et al. Comprehensive two-dimensional liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry for the simultaneous determination of wine polyphenols and target contaminants. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1458:54-62 pubmed publisher..The estimated limits of detection and of quantification were 0.3?gL(-1) and 1?gL(-1), respectively, well below the minimum detection limit (10?gL(-1)) set by current regulation. ..
- Bonaccorsi I, Cacciola F, Utczás M, Inferrera V, Giuffrida D, Donato P, et al. Characterization of the pigment fraction in sweet bell peppers (Capsicum annuum L.) harvested at green and overripe yellow and red stages by offline multidimensional convergence chromatography/liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry. J Sep Sci. 2016;39:3281-91 pubmed publisher
- Aguennouz M, Beccaria M, Purcaro G, Oteri M, Micalizzi G, Musumesci O, et al. Analysis of lipid profile in lipid storage myopathy. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1029-1030:157-168 pubmed publisher..Using component 1 vs component 3 a 43.3% of total variance was explained. Such results suggest the important role that lipid profile characterization can have in supporting a correct diagnosis. ..
- Albergamo A, Rigano F, Purcaro G, Mauceri A, Fasulo S, Mondello L. Free fatty acid profiling of marine sentinels by nanoLC-EI-MS for the assessment of environmental pollution effects. Sci Total Environ. 2016;571:955-62 pubmed publisher..g. alteration of the fatty acid biosynthetic system and lipotoxicity) and explain adverse and compromising effects (e.g. oxidative stress and inflammatory processes) related to environmental pollution. ..
- Sciarrone D, Pantò S, Donato P, Mondello L. Improving the productivity of a multidimensional chromatographic preparative system by collecting pure chemicals after each of three chromatographic dimensions. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1475:80-85 pubmed publisher..Purity levels ranging from 85 to 95% were achieved with an average collection recovery of 90% (n=5). The following average amounts were collected per run: 160?g for ?-guaiene, 295?g for ?-bulnesene, and 496?g for patchouli alcohol. ..
- Franchina F, Maimone M, Tranchida P, Mondello L. Flow modulation comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography-mass spectrometry using â‰ˆ4 mL min(-1) gas flows. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1441:134-9 pubmed publisher..It was observed that signal intensities were, in general, considerably higher in the FM GCÃ—GC-MS experiments. ..
- Tranchida P, Maimone M, Franchina F, Bjerk T, Zini C, Purcaro G, et al. Four-stage (low-)flow modulation comprehensive gas chromatography-quadrupole mass spectrometry for the determination of recently-highlighted cosmetic allergens. J Chromatogr A. 2016;1439:144-151 pubmed publisher..Finally, the FM GCÃ—GC-qMS method was used not only for the quantification of target allergens in five commercial perfumes, but also for general qualitative profiling. ..
- Zoccali M, Schug K, Walsh P, Smuts J, Mondello L. Flow-modulated comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography combined with a vacuum ultraviolet detector for the analysis of complex mixtures. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1497:135-143 pubmed publisher..Satisfactory results were obtained in terms of tailing factor (1.1), asymmetry factor (1.1), and similarity (average value 97%), for the FAMEs mixtures analysis. ..
- Sciarrone D, Giuffrida D, Rotondo A, Micalizzi G, Zoccali M, Pantò S, et al. Quali-quantitative characterization of the volatile constituents in Cordia verbenacea D.C. essential oil exploiting advanced chromatographic approaches and nuclear magnetic resonance analysis. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1524:246-253 pubmed publisher
- Cacciola F, Mangraviti D, Rigano F, Donato P, Dugo P, Mondello L, et al. Novel comprehensive multidimensional liquid chromatography approach for elucidation of the microbosphere of shikimate-producing Escherichia coli SP1.1/pKD15.071 strain. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2018;410:3473-3482 pubmed publisher..The elucidation of the metabolic fraction of this bacterial strain might be of valid aid for improving, through genetic changes, the concentration and yield of shikimic acid synthesized from glucose. Graphical abstract. ..
- Mondello L, Beccaria M, Donato P, Cacciola F, Dugo G, Dugo P. Comprehensive two-dimensional liquid chromatography with evaporative light-scattering detection for the analysis of triacylglycerols in Borago officinalis. J Sep Sci. 2011;34:688-92 pubmed publisher..The 2-D set-up, thanks to the complementary separation selectivity provided by the two columns, allowed to distribute 78 TAGs throughout the 2-D LC retention plane otherwise unachievable by 1-D LC...