Affiliation: University of Sassari
- Psychological factors and visual fatigue in working with video display terminalsF Mocci
Occupational Medicine Institute, University of Sassari, Via Matteotti 58, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Occup Environ Med 58:267-71. 2001..To examine the part played by psychological factors in complaints about visual health reported by banking officers who work at video display terminals (VDTs)...
- The effect of noise on serum and urinary magnesium and catecholamines in humansF Mocci
Istituto di Medicina Legale, Cattedra di Medicina del Lavoro, Universita di Sassari, Italy
Occup Med (Lond) 51:56-61. 2001..The difference in catecholamine values did not reach statistical significance. Thus, we failed to substantiate a significant correlation between catecholamine secretion and magnesium metabolism, as others had suggested...
- Pulmonary function in Sardinian fire fightersA Serra
Department of Occupational Medicine, University of Sassari, Italy
Am J Ind Med 30:78-82. 1996..58 (.47) vs. 1.99 (.69) p < 0.001]. There were no marked differences in air-blood exchanges. No correlation was found between respiratory function data and years of service or the number of fires extinguished during work experience...
- [Perception of stress in the nursing profession: study of the behavior of s-IgA]F Mocci
Istituto di Medicina Legale e di Medicina del Lavoro, Universita di Sassari, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 28:219-21. 2006..To assess and compare self reported work stressors among emergency (PS) and medicine department (ME) nurses, and to investigate its relation with salivary IgA...
- Periportal fibrosis and other liver ultrasonography findings in vinyl chloride workersM Maroni
Department of Occupational Medicine, School of Medicine and Surgery, University of Milan, Italy
Occup Environ Med 60:60-5. 2003..To investigate the presence of liver lesions and their relation with vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) exposure or other personal risk factors, in workers involved in the production of VCM and polyvinyl chloride (PVC)...
- [Anti-p53 antibodies as markers of carcinogenesis in exposures to vinyl chloride]F Mocci
Istituto di Medicina Legale e di Medicina del Lavoro, Universita di Sassari
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 25:21-3. 2003..002) and positive anti-p53 expression. In summary, the study support a significant relationship between plasma anti-p53 and VC only for heavy exposure. The authors assume the existence of a threshold limit to the effectiveness...