Affiliation: University of Florence
- Massai L, FernÃ¡ndez Gallardo J, Guerri A, Arcangeli A, Pillozzi S, Contel M, et al. Design, synthesis and characterisation of new chimeric ruthenium(II)-gold(I) complexes as improved cytotoxic agents. Dalton Trans. 2015;44:11067-76 pubmed publisher..The mechanistic and pharmacological implications of the present findings are discussed. ..
- Marzo T, Pillozzi S, Hrabina O, Kasparkova J, Brabec V, Arcangeli A, et al. cis-Pt I2(NH3)2: a reappraisal. Dalton Trans. 2015;44:14896-905 pubmed publisher..An ab initio DFT study is also included to support the interpretation of the solution behaviour of cisPtI2 under physiological and slightly acidic pH conditions. ..
- Messori L, Marzo T, Merlino A. Interactions of carboplatin and oxaliplatin with proteins: Insights from X-ray structures and mass spectrometry studies of their ribonuclease A adducts. J Inorg Biochem. 2015;153:136-142 pubmed publisher..These results are potentially useful for a better understanding of the biological chemistry, toxicity and side effects of this important class of antitumor agents. ..
- Marzo T, Cirri D, Ciofi L, Gabbiani C, Feis A, Di Pasquale N, et al. Synthesis, characterization and DNA interactions of [Pt3(TPymT)Cl3], the trinuclear platinum(II) complex of the TPymT ligand. J Inorg Biochem. 2018;183:101-106 pubmed publisher..In contrast to expectations, the obtained data reveal that no intercalative binding takes place; we propose that binding of Pt3TPymT to DNA mainly occurs through external/groove binding. ..
- Pratesi A, Cirri D, Đurović M, Pillozzi S, Petroni G, Bugarcić Z, et al. New gold carbene complexes as candidate anticancer agents. Biometals. 2016;29:905-11 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a certain reactivity of the complex 2 was also detected toward GSH. The general implications of the obtained results are discussed. ..
- Battistin F, Scaletti F, Balducci G, Pillozzi S, Arcangeli A, Messori L, et al. Water-soluble Ru(II)- and Ru(III)-halide-PTA complexes (PTA=1,3,5-triaza-7-phosphaadamantane): Chemical and biological properties. J Inorg Biochem. 2016;160:180-8 pubmed publisher..The chemical and biological profiles of compounds 1-5 are compared to those of established ruthenium drug candidates in clinical development. ..
- Massai L, Pratesi A, Bogojeski J, Banchini M, Pillozzi S, Messori L, et al. Antiproliferative properties and biomolecular interactions of three Pd(II) and Pt(II) complexes. J Inorg Biochem. 2016;165:1-6 pubmed publisher..Interestingly our results revealed that DNA binding, as well as anticancer activity of 1-3 follows the order 2>3>1. The implications of these findings are discussed. ..
- Massai L, Cirri D, Michelucci E, Bartoli G, Guerri A, Cinellu M, et al. Organogold(III) compounds as experimental anticancer agents: chemical and biological profiles. Biometals. 2016;29:863-72 pubmed publisher..The implications of these results are discussed in the frame of current knowledge on anticancer gold compounds. ..
- Gabbiani C, Pratesi A, Marchetti L, Casini A, Leoni P, Pillozzi S, et al. Potent in vitro antiproliferative properties for a triplatinum cluster toward triple negative breast cancer cells. J Inorg Biochem. 2016;163:318-322 pubmed publisher..Owing to the reported encouraging results, a more extensive biological and pharmacological evaluation of this Pt cluster is now warranted to better elucidate its mode of action. ..
- MÃ¼gge C, Musumeci D, Michelucci E, Porru F, Marzo T, Massai L, et al. Elucidating the reactivity of Pt(II) complexes with (O,S) bidentate ligands towards DNA model systems. J Inorg Biochem. 2016;160:198-209 pubmed publisher..Guanine was established as the preferential target within the DNA sequence, but in the absence or unavailability of guanines, alternative binding sites can be addressed. The implications of these results are thoroughly discussed. ..
- Marzo T, De Pascali S, Gabbiani C, Fanizzi F, Messori L, Pratesi A. ESI-MS studies of the reactions of novel platinum(II) complexes containing O,O'-chelated acetylacetonate and sulfur ligands with selected model proteins. Biometals. 2017;30:609-614 pubmed publisher..Preferential binding to protein targets compared to DNA is supported by independent ICP-OES measurements. The implications of these findings are discussed. ..
- Messori L, Merlino A. Protein metalation by metal-based drugs: X-ray crystallography and mass spectrometry studies. Chem Commun (Camb). 2017;53:11622-11633 pubmed publisher..Possible directions for future work in the field are delineated. ..