Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Urbino
- Dexamethasone partially rescues ataxia telangiectasia-mutated (ATM) deficiency in ataxia telangiectasia by promoting a shortened protein variant retaining kinase activityMichele Menotta
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, 61029 Urbino, Italy
J Biol Chem 287:41352-63. 2012..In conclusion, dexamethasone treatment may partly restore ATM activity in ataxia telangiectasia cells by a new molecular mechanism that overcomes most of the mutations so far described within this gene...
- Label-free quantification of activated NF-kappaB in biological samples by atomic force microscopyMichele Menotta
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, University of Urbino Carlo Bo Via Saffi 2 61029 Urbino, PU, Italy
Biosens Bioelectron 25:2490-6. 2010..The present work represents the first quantification approach by AFM analysis. The results and the method may be used toward development of NF-kappaB based bio-diagnostic nano-device...
- Molecular and functional characterization of a Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor in the filamentous fungus Tuber borchiiMichele Menotta
Center for Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Str, 52, 50931 Cologne, Germany
BMC Microbiol 8:57. 2008..Members of the guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor (GDI) family sequester Rho GTPases from the plasma membrane and keep them in an inactive form...
- Oxidized ultrashort nanotubes as carbon scaffolds for the construction of cell-penetrating NF-kappaB decoy moleculesRita Crinelli
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Section, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, 61029 Urbino, PU, Italy
ACS Nano 4:2791-803. 2010....
- Geographical traceability of Italian white truffle (Tuber magnatum Pico) by the analysis of volatile organic compoundsAnna Maria Gioacchini
Istituto di Ricerca sull Attività Motoria, Via I Maggetti 26, Universita degli Studi di Urbino Carlo Bo, 61029 Urbino, Italy
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 22:3147-53. 2008..Next, stepwise factorial discriminant analysis afforded a limited number of characteristic fragment ions that allowed a geographical classification of the truffles studied...
- Ubiquitin over-expression promotes E6AP autodegradation and reactivation of the p53/MDM2 pathway in HeLa cellsRita Crinelli
Istituto di Chimica Biologica G Fornaini, Universita degli Studi di Urbino Carlo Bo, Via Saffi, 2, 61029 Urbino, PU, Italy
Mol Cell Biochem 318:129-45. 2008....
- Binding force measurement of NF-κB-ODNs interaction: an AFM based decoy and drug testing toolMichele Menotta
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Via Saffi 2, 61029 Urbino PU, Italy
Biosens Bioelectron 28:158-65. 2011..A biological AFM based sensor is therefore considered appropriate for characterising transcription factors and selecting molecules to modulate their activity...
- Forward subtractive libraries containing genes transactivated by dexamethasone in ataxia-telangiectasia lymphoblastoid cellsSara Biagiotti
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Via Saffi 2, 61029, Urbino, PU, Italy
Mol Cell Biochem 392:13-30. 2014..Moreover, the induction of a specific region of the ATM transcript has been identified as putative biomarker predictive of dexamethasone efficacy on ataxic patients. ..
- Hexose uptake in the plant symbiotic ascomycete Tuber borchii Vittadini: biochemical features and expression pattern of the transporter TBHXT1Emanuela Polidori
Istituto di Ricerca sull Attività Motoria, Universita degli Studi di Urbino Carlo Bo, Via I Maggetti 26, 61029 Urbino, Italy
Fungal Genet Biol 44:187-98. 2007..Prolonged carbon starvation condition upregulates Tbhxt1, while its expression remains at basal level in the ectomycorrhizal tissue. The mode of regulation of Tbhxt1 is consistent with its role as a high-affinity d-glucose transporter...
- Identification and characterization of the Tuber borchii D-mannitol dehydrogenase which defines a new subfamily within the polyol-specific medium chain dehydrogenasesPaola Ceccaroli
Istituto di Chimica Biologica Giorgio Fornaini, Universita degli Studi di Urbino Carlo Bo, Via A Saffi 2, 61029, Urbino PU, Italy
Fungal Genet Biol 44:965-78. 2007..The enzyme identified a new group of proteins, most of them annotated in databases as hypothetical zinc-dependent dehydrogenases, forming a distinct subfamily among the polyol dehydrogenase family...
- Morphological and molecular modifications induced by different carbohydrate sources in Tuber borchiiAntonella Amicucci
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomolecolari, Universita degli Studi di Urbino Carlo Bo, Urbino, Italy
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 18:120-8. 2010..These mechanisms can lead to morphological modifications, including increased branching of the root which is necessary for the fungus to establish the symbiosis...
- Solid-phase microextraction gas chromatography/mass spectrometry: a new method for species identification of trufflesAnna Maria Gioacchini
Istituto di Ricerca sull Attività Motoria, Universita degli Studi di Urbino, Via Sasso 75 G, 61029 Urbino PU, Italy
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 19:2365-70. 2005..Moreover, this method offers the advantage of minimizing thermal, mechanical, and chemical modifications of the truffles, thereby reducing the risk of analytical artifacts...
- High resolution melting (HRM) analysis for the detection of ER22/23EK, BclI, and N363S polymorphisms of the glucocorticoid receptor genePaolo Maltese
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, University of Urbino, Via Saffi 2, Urbino, Italy
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 113:269-74. 2009..This is, at now, the less expensive and time-and work-saving method to detect GR mutations, providing precision, fast screening and high throughput capabilities...
- Effect of the redox state on HIV-1 tat protein multimerization and cell internalization and traffickingRaffaella Pierleoni
Department of Molecular Sciences, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Via Saffi 2, 61029, Urbino, Italy
Mol Cell Biochem 345:105-18. 2010..This is due to strong electrostatic and metal-binding interactions, whereas Tat dimerization involves metal-binding interactions as well as disulfide bond formation...
- Headspace solid-phase microextraction with gas chromatography and mass spectrometry in the investigation of volatile organic compounds in an ectomycorrhizae synthesis systemMichele Menotta
Istituto di Chimica Biologica Giorgio Fornaini, Universita degli Studi di Urbino, Via Saffi 2, 61029 Urbino PU, Italy
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18:206-10. 2004..Twenty-nine of these VOCs were produced only during the interaction phase between the two partners, leading to a hypothesis that these molecules might act as molecular messengers in order to pilot the ectomycorrhizae formation...