Affiliation: University of Florence
- Antifungal activity of silver and zinc complexes of sulfadrug derivatives incorporating arylsulfonylureido moietiesA Mastrolorenzo
Universita degli Studi, Dipartimento di Scienze Dermatologiche, Centro MTS, Via degli Alfani 37, 50122, Firenze, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 11:99-107. 2000..Thus, it is probable that the inhibition of phosphomannose isomerase, a key enzyme in the biosynthesis of yeast cell walls, imparts antifungal activity to the new metal complexes reported here...
- Oral manifestations of sexually transmitted infectionsA Mastrolorenzo
University of Florence, Florence, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 147:373-88. 2012..Because of the frequency with which oral sex occurs, and the rarity with which it is protected, oral sex may raise justified alarming attention to underestimated orally acquired STIs...
- Immunohistochemical study of carbonic anhydrase isozymes in human skinAntonio Mastrolorenzo
Dipartimento di Scienze Dermatologiche, Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Via degli Alfani, 37, 50121 Firenze, Italy
Eur J Dermatol 13:440-4. 2003..No signal for CA IX was detected but on the plasma membranes and the cytoplasm of cells surrounding the hair shaft. The significance and biological role of CA isozymes expression in human skin is discussed...
- Antifungal activity of Ag(I) and Zn(II) complexes of aminobenzolamide (5-sulfanilylamido-1,3,4-thiadiazole-2-sulfonamide) derivativesA Mastrolorenzo
Universita degli Studi, Dipartimento di Scienze Dermatologiche, Centro MTS, Firenze, Italia
J Enzyme Inhib 15:517-31. 2000..Probably the new complexes act as inhibitors of phosphomannose isomerase, a key enzyme in the biosynthesis of yeast cell walls...
- Sexually transmitted diseases syndromic approach: proctitisG Zuccati
Department of Critical Care Medicine and Surgery, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 147:395-406. 2012..Treatment with antibiotics or antivirals is usually initiated, either empirically or after establishing a diagnosis. Coinfections, HIV testing, and treatment of sexual partners should always be considered...
- Antimycobacterial activity of 9-sulfonylated/sulfenylated-6-mercaptopurine derivativesA Scozzafava
Laboratorio di Chimica Inorganica e Bioinorganica, , Via Gino Capponi 7, I-50121, Florence, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 11:1675-8. 2001..39-3.39 microg/mL, as well as appreciable activity against Mycobacterium avium. Furthermore, a compound of this small series exhibited good activity (MIC under 1 microg/mL) against several drug resistant strains of M. tuberculosis...
- Off label treatments of genital warts: the role of photodynamic therapyB Giomi
Sexually Transmitted Disease and AIDS Center, Unit of Clinical Dermatology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 147:467-74. 2012..Mechanisms of action of PDT are discussed together with a summary of clinical and experimental available evidences...
- Arylsulfonyl-N,N-dialkyl-dithiocarbamates as tumor cell growth inhibitors: novel agents targeting beta-tubulin?A Scozzafava
Universita degli Studi, Laboratorio di Chimica Inorganica e Bioinorganica, Florence, Italy
J Enzyme Inhib 16:55-63. 2001..Furthermore, some of these derivative were shown to act as in vitro tubulin polymerization inhibitors using a turbidimetric assay...
- Antimycobacterial activity of 3,4-dichlorophenyl-ureas, N,N-diphenyl-ureas and related derivativesA Scozzafava
Laboratorio di Chimica Inorganica e Bioinorganica, , Florence, Italy
J Enzyme Inhib 16:425-32. 2001..25 microM. Some derivatives of this series might constitute interesting lead molecules for designing novel types of drugs effective against M. tuberculosis, a re-emerging pathogen both in the developed and under-developed countries...